Crash on save game load

Post Reply
SwordOfJustice
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:29 am

Crash on save game load

Post by SwordOfJustice » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:37 am

I very much enjoyed my first session of playing this game. However, the game appears to hang on me trying to load my save game or use the Continue option. What do I need to provide to progress getting a solution?

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017
Posts: 15360
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:44 pm

Re: Crash on save game load

Post by zakblood » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:31 am

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=405

can you zip up the save and post it in here with any error logs?
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (29.84 KiB) Viewed 2731 times
thanks

SwordOfJustice
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:29 am

Re: Crash on save game load

Post by SwordOfJustice » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:49 am

Thanks for the quick answer. Looking inside the Fatal file, it says Out of Memory. My system is a typical home PC: Win 10 Home 64bit with 16GB RAM.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5iiz9vbis1pue5g/Fatal?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h4i2wctadmq8p ... 2.zip?dl=0

Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare
Posts: 688
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:19 pm

Re: Crash on save game load

Post by Ufnv » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:51 am

SwordOfJustice wrote:Thanks for the quick answer. Looking inside the Fatal file, it says Out of Memory. My system is a typical home PC: Win 10 Home 64bit with 16GB RAM.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5iiz9vbis1pue5g/Fatal?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h4i2wctadmq8p ... 2.zip?dl=0
The save loads fine on my computer...

Do you have the game installed on the C: drive? I saw the report about the problem with loading when the game is installed on D: drive...

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017
Posts: 15360
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:44 pm

Re: Crash on save game load

Post by zakblood » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:58 am

save also loads fine on mine as well

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8 )
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments (zip) rather than pasted into the body of the post.

add the exe of the game to your Anti Virus and firewall program, to make sure check the logs of these to see if it was one if any of them was to blame.

That usually means a 3rd party program, like an Internet security programs, is or could be interfering with the game or update installation.

run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions.

please make sure all game pre requisite are installed with the game, even if you think or fully know there are already installed, it will only over write, and it may be that you have a older or newer version of these where as the game in question may need a certain version.

please make sure you are running the latest game version and have up to date drivers installed on your pc,

If you have the original version. So you'll need to update it from the Internet.
Please note that you'll only need the last update, as the updates are comprehensive. (not needed with steam)

SwordOfJustice
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:29 am

Re: Crash on save game load

Post by SwordOfJustice » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:20 am

Ufnv wrote:
SwordOfJustice wrote:Thanks for the quick answer. Looking inside the Fatal file, it says Out of Memory. My system is a typical home PC: Win 10 Home 64bit with 16GB RAM.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5iiz9vbis1pue5g/Fatal?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h4i2wctadmq8p ... 2.zip?dl=0
The save loads fine on my computer...

Do you have the game installed on the C: drive? I saw the report about the problem with loading when the game is installed on D: drive...
It is indeed installed on my D: drive. I sense we have a clue, Holmes!

SwordOfJustice
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:29 am

Re: Crash on save game load

Post by SwordOfJustice » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:27 am

zakblood_slith wrote:save also loads fine on mine as well

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8 )
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments (zip) rather than pasted into the body of the post.

add the exe of the game to your Anti Virus and firewall program, to make sure check the logs of these to see if it was one if any of them was to blame.

That usually means a 3rd party program, like an Internet security programs, is or could be interfering with the game or update installation.

run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions.

please make sure all game pre requisite are installed with the game, even if you think or fully know there are already installed, it will only over write, and it may be that you have a older or newer version of these where as the game in question may need a certain version.

please make sure you are running the latest game version and have up to date drivers installed on your pc,

If you have the original version. So you'll need to update it from the Internet.
Please note that you'll only need the last update, as the updates are comprehensive. (not needed with steam)
Good general advice.

1. dxdiag report attached
2. Now added as an exception to my AV software. Same issue. I don't see how adding this to my firewall will help. Note that the game launcher and then main menu launch.
3. My home account has admin rights. I can launch all my many other games from Steam.
4. Prerequisites would be installed and checked by Steam during installation, as far as I know.
5. Yes, drivers are up to date. I just bought the game so it is current.

SwordOfJustice
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:29 am

Re: Crash on save game load

Post by SwordOfJustice » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:30 am

Wait! The game just loaded and is working fine! Perhaps adding my entire Steamapps\common folder to AV exception did the trick?

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017
Posts: 15360
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:44 pm

Re: Crash on save game load

Post by zakblood » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:53 am

glad to hear it sorted, good luck on empire building :wink:

Rzhevskiy
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:17 pm

Re: Crash on save game load

Post by Rzhevskiy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:43 pm

Same problem: crash on save game load

from a certain moment saved games does not loading. This is my second game party with this problem. Something's going on in the galaxy, which breaks save files

two save folders: SAVE20 is OK. AUTO3 is not loading

link: dropbox. com/s/bt4scq5wjnsmue4/SAVES.rar?dl=0

Rzhevskiy
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:17 pm

Re: Crash on save game load

Post by Rzhevskiy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:55 pm

.......I think I found a solution to the problem.
I used quotation marks in the name of the ship. And then built it.

Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare
Posts: 688
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:19 pm

Re: Crash on save game load

Post by Ufnv » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:41 pm

Rzhevskiy wrote:.......I think I found a solution to the problem.
I used quotation marks in the name of the ship. And then built it.
Yes, that's the problem. It is fixed in the patch.

SwordOfJustice
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:29 am

Re: Crash on save game load

Post by SwordOfJustice » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:20 am

I'm still having problems with save game loads. It happened last week and also again today with my latest save game. I'll try to load up an autosave to see if there are any ship names with unusual characters but the patch is meant to correct that issue anyway.

Also, I've had games load but take minutes to do so. Other times, the game loads fine.

SwordOfJustice
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:29 am

Re: Crash on save game load

Post by SwordOfJustice » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:09 pm

I loaded an autosave, played some more, then saved again. Now I have similar load problems again. There no renamed ships in my game.

This is getting quite frustrating. I like the game but I never know if I can load my last save.

Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”