Camps in Combat

This forum is for any questions about the rules. Post here is you need feedback from the design team.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

TERRYFROMSPOKANE
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Camps in Combat

Post by TERRYFROMSPOKANE »

My opponent has made a flank march and has a BG of Light Horse headed for my unfortified camp. I have hustled a BG of Bows toward my camp. The Bows and Light Horse are approaching the camp along my baseline from opposite sides. My Bows are close to the camp as my opponent moves his Light Horse near enough to charge it on his next turn. It is my turn.

1. Can my bows move into the camp?

2. Can they move through the camp if there is enough room beyond for them to occupy?

3. Can they move to the near edge of the camp and fire over it at the enemy Light Horse?

4. If the answer to #3 is "Yes", can they also shoot at the LIght Horse in the shooting phase of the turn the Light Horse charges the camp?

Thanks. Terry G.
philqw78
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus

Re: Camps in Combat

Post by philqw78 »

They can move to intercept position and intercept the LH charge into the camp
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!
TERRYFROMSPOKANE

Post by TERRYFROMSPOKANE »

Thanks, Phil. I presume such an intercept move can not enter the camp. Is shooting through the camp to enemy on the far side also prohibited?

Thanks for the help. Terry G.
philqw78

Post by philqw78 »

Normal rules for intercept, so no it cannot touch the camp. You cannot shoot at bases in contact with the camp nor over the camp unless on a hill and the other shooting overhead rules allow
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!

Return to “Rules Questions”