Don & Steve game three

This forum is for any questions about the rules. Post here is you need feedback from the design team.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

donm
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Don & Steve game three

Post by donm » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:52 pm

We played our third game on friday. This time I took on Steve's Alexandrians with a Selucid army. The game flowed much better and we played 10+ moves. My lucky pikemen managed to break through Steve's pike centre. We had a couple of minor problems, but I will not go into them untill I have had a chance to see if they are covered by the new version.

Hope to sit down for my first read through over the weekend, when all the customer enteraining and work is finished.

One thing I noticed with the change in points, was that the Sassanid and Alexandrians we have been using only went a few points over, were as the Selucid I used went 30+ points over.

Don M

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Don & Steve game three

Post by rbodleyscott » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:02 pm

donm wrote:One thing I noticed with the change in points, was that the Sassanid and Alexandrians we have been using only went a few points over, were as the Selucid I used went 30+ points over.
Most of that extra should disappear with the proposed cataphract rules and points revision - see Forthcoming changes thread.

donm

Post by donm » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:05 pm

Most of that extra should disappear with the proposed cataphract rules and points revision - see Forthcoming changes thread.
How did you know that my Seleucid list had two BGs of 4 superior drilled cataphrates :o

Must have had them marked up as a wonder troop type.

Don M

Return to “Rules Questions”