AoW @ Leeds

This forum is for any questions about the rules. Post here is you need feedback from the design team.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

bddbrown
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

AoW @ Leeds

Post by bddbrown » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:37 pm

I am looking to try and run another AoW playtest at the Leeds Doubles (3rd/4th March) this year. I've spoken with the designers and they are happy for us to go ahead. I figure this is a good way to keep a constant flow of high quality feedback coming, interest up in the doubles and continue to cross pollinate the game. This will also be a chance to include more doubles people into the playtesting fold.

In order to figure out whether this is feasible or not, I'd like to get a feel for numbers. If anyone is interested then please let me know asap, preferrably by the end of Monday next week. If there are sufficient numbers then I continue discussions with the designers and starting organising.

Thanks.

hammy
Field of Glory Team
Field of Glory Team

Post by hammy » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:40 pm

I'm in.

Would you be running the games doubles or singles? I suspect we could persuade Martin to play as well.

Hammy

plewis66
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by plewis66 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:50 pm

I would probably be able to make it down, and will hopefully have enough experience to be able to not make too many serious blunders by then.

I think Graham will not be available that weekend, depends if he can make adjustments.

Syd is an outside possibility.

neilhammond
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by neilhammond » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:51 pm

Hi,

I'm a possible. I'd need to negotiate on that at home first. Would it be a doubles AoW format or a singles?

Neil

bddbrown

Post by bddbrown » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:58 am

hammy wrote:I'm in.

Would you be running the games doubles or singles? I suspect we could persuade Martin to play as well.

Hammy
That is a good question. I am not fussed. On the one hand it is a doubles venue and it would be nice to keep that flavour. On the other hand singles games would provide the potential for more games and more feedback.

Certainly I also don't see any problem in a mix up as well. Shall we say doubles by preference, but if someone cannot find a doubles partner or just plain wants to play as a single then that would not be a problem either?

shall
Field of Glory Team
Field of Glory Team

Post by shall » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:21 am

I am hoping to be there.

Si

bddbrown

Post by bddbrown » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:17 pm

JD and I will be sorting out the details over the next week or so - stay tuned!

If you know anyone who would be interested in joining in the fun at Leeds then please get them in contact with me. If you have any thoughts about what you would like to see happen at Leeds then please let me know.

wakeful11
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by wakeful11 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:00 am

Can't get the saturday off sadly. Can make the Sunday, and would be keen to do so......

Phil Giles

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:12 am

I may be able to come if allowed to play. It is a bit of a long way for me to come to observe.

clivevaughan
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by clivevaughan » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:44 am

I'd certainly like to have another go at another AoW competition and have already floated it with she who must be obeyed.

bddbrown

Post by bddbrown » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:17 am

rbodleyscott wrote:I may be able to come if allowed to play. It is a bit of a long way for me to come to observe.
I have absolutely no problems with you playing Richard, and I am sure that no one else would either. More the merrier!

Any chance that Thomas would also be able to make it?

bddbrown

Post by bddbrown » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:20 am

clivevaughan wrote:I'd certainly like to have another go at another AoW competition and have already floated it with she who must be obeyed.
It would be great to see you there. Maybe we need to pursuade JD to start a "better half" persuasion fund - getting time off for wargaming can be an expensive proposition!

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:31 am

bddbrown wrote:
rbodleyscott wrote:I may be able to come if allowed to play. It is a bit of a long way for me to come to observe.
I have absolutely no problems with you playing Richard, and I am sure that no one else would either. More the merrier!

Any chance that Thomas would also be able to make it?
I hope so. I haven't asked him yet. He may be only too glad to escape from wedding preparations. (He is getting married in April).

bddbrown

Post by bddbrown » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:23 am

I thought I heard the word financee at the Chinese meal. Please pass on my congratulations. I hope to see you both there.

bddbrown

Post by bddbrown » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:25 am

Just a heads up, but we'restill talking over the doubles / singles format at the moment. It looks like singles might be the best way to go in order to accomodate many players who won't be able to find partners and increase the number of games (and hence feedback).

If you have strong objections then please let me know.

donm
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by donm » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:16 pm

Bruce,

I am away a fair bit for work during March, but will try my best. It may have to be a last minute thing, so fingers crossed.

Don M

bddbrown

Post by bddbrown » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:33 am

Just a quick check with numbers for Leeds. There is a strong amount of interest outside the current play-testing group, so the more play-testers we can get to go the better.

Currently the list of possible play-testers is:

Bruce Brown
James Hamilton
Simon Hall
Terry Shaw
Clive Vaughn
Neil Hammond
plewis66 - sorry don't know your real name
Richard Bodley-Scott
Don McHugh
Phil Giles (sunday)

Anyone else or anyone on the list cannot make it?

plewis66

Post by plewis66 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:37 am

:D

Phil Lewis

I'll be there.

shall
Field of Glory Team
Field of Glory Team

Post by shall » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:06 am

Terry and I are both planning to be there Bruce. Could you summarise numbers expresing input so far and we might even - if epople wouldn't mind - want to suggest a few armies we want to see in play.

Si

shall
Field of Glory Team
Field of Glory Team

Post by shall » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:08 am

Singles might be best as long as we make sure the authors are not too tied up playing. If you need us to make up numbers too much then next to go doubles so there are less games from the free author to cover.

Si

Return to “Rules Questions”