Initial Impressions and Questions

This forum is for any questions about the rules. Post here is you need feedback from the design team.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

korvus
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Initial Impressions and Questions

Post by korvus » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:31 pm

Hello,

I just picked up the rulebook and first two army books the other day. I must say my initial impression of the product was very good, appearance, organization, etc, were all outstanding. Now that I have a few reads through the rules under my belt it also appears that the rules are clear, well illustrated with examples, and look like they will be fun to play. Unfortunately I can't make Cold Wars next weekend, but fortunately a friend of mine is in the same boat, and we're going to take the rules out for a spin next Saturday. I'll be sure to report our experiences.

I have a few questions that searching the forum hasn't illuminated me on:

- Is there a plan for a future expansion to include items like boats and ships, in-game mounting and dismounting, and the like?
- I'm assuming there will be a Wallachian/Moldavian list in the Ottoman list book, is that correct?

Whatever the case, I am deeply curious about the list. A bit of a hash up has been made of it in the past, and its of some interest to me whether sources like Jehan d'Wavrin's first hand account of campaigning with Dracula's father and brothers, Dracula's letters and other contemporary documents, and the painted church frescoes of contemporary troops will finally be taken into account.

Ever hopeful,
Cole

andy63
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by andy63 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:14 pm

Korvus wrote,
- Is there a plan for a future expansion to include items like boats and ships, in-game mounting and dismounting, and the like?

I dont think so but let one of the authors confirm this.

Korvus wrote,
I'm assuming there will be a Wallachian/Moldavian list in the Ottoman list book, is that correct?

Yes you are correct,and i must say a lot of effort as gone in to all of the lists.

Andy.

Scruff
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Scruff » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:11 am

Re ships, they are slated for a future campaign type book from what i can gather

cheers

BrianC
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by BrianC » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:54 am

Ship to ship fighting could be interesting.

shall
Field of Glory Team
Field of Glory Team

Post by shall » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:56 am

I have just been testing out FOG mechanisms for naval warfare .... Salamis may be a possibility! Yes they are planned for a campaign supplement.

Si

Return to “Rules Questions”