Ambush markers

This forum is for any questions about the rules. Post here is you need feedback from the design team.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

RSDPIT
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Ambush markers

Post by RSDPIT » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:08 pm

I am a bit confused with the placement and size of ambush markers!
1) Are ambush markers placed on the table in the "position" where the concealed troops are ? (if so not much of an ambush!:-))
2) Does the ambush marker have to be the same size as the troops it pupports to represents

paullongmore
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Ambush markers

Post by paullongmore » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:05 pm

You put down a 40mm by 40mm marker to represent a possible ambush. The troops in it have to not be visible from where your opponent could deploy.
I think you can put down up to 3 ambush markers.
You then write down what if anything is in each of your ambush markers, you also write down if you have a flank march. The rules say you write on the marker but I have never seen anyone who actually does this.
Any troops in the flank march or ambush are deducted from your deployment. So if you had a total of 3 of 12 BGs in a flank march and in ambush you would deploy 3,3,3,0. Your deployment shuffles up to fill in for the 3.
Your opponent in this case can deduce from this that you have 2 or 3 units in either flank march or ambush. When it is your go he will also know if you have a flank march.
When you decide to or when the troops in ambush becomes visible to an opponent one of the bases of the unit has to be placed on the Ambush Marker but you do not need to decide their formation when placing the ambush. However, you should make sure they can fit in the terrain concealing them as if they don’t fit you lose them.

petedalby
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by petedalby » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:20 pm

Sounds like you would benefit from a local club. Which country are you in?
Pete

RSDPIT
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by RSDPIT » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:39 pm

Belguim (Brussels)

petedalby

Post by petedalby » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:22 am

Are you in touch with Jacques?

His user name is bahdahbum - you could send him a private message to get details of other FoG players in Belgium?
Pete

RSDPIT
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by RSDPIT » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:15 pm

Yep he is my private nemesis currently training me by chasing me all over the battle field and annihilating me, apparently this is the recommended way to learn :-)

petedalby

Post by petedalby » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:17 pm

Definitely the best way to learn. You should always learn more from a defeat than you do from winning.
Pete

bahdahbum
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by bahdahbum » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:11 pm

8) 8) 8) 8)

Yes but it's been so long I played regularly I have now to learn the game all over again for some of the details .

I will admit freely that I am more interested in MEG but I am also waiting for FOGAM 3 .

Why MEG : because it is quicker and I find the interaction between players interesting . But That does not mean I will abandon FOGAM completely .

petedalby

Post by petedalby » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:33 pm

Personally I'm happy to keep playing V2 exactly as it is until V3 has finished Beta testing and is published - including revised army lists and points.
Pete

Return to “Rules Questions”