Two rules questions (V1)

This forum is for any questions about the rules. Post here is you need feedback from the design team.

Moderators: terrys, hammy, philqw78, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

MartinW
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Two rules questions (V1)

Post by MartinW »

1. Consider the situation below. The Gauls have four bases not able to contribute in the upcoming melee and wants to shift them to the other side where at least two of them could form an overlap. But there is no room to do this since that place is occupied by their Spanish allies. The Spaniards can't make room by moving their overlap from (their) left to (their) right since those bases are already in a position to contribute dice. Neither can the Gauls wrap around the flank of the triarii. These are the rules as far as I can tell. Are the Gauls just s**t out of luck or am I missing something? Is there a way for the Celts to shift the whole line one base witdh? In this scenario the elite triarii slowly routed the Gauls while half of them just stood there and fiddled...

SSSGGGG
SSSGGGG
RR T
RR T

S = spanish scutarii, G = Gallic foot, R = Roman hastati, T = Roman triarii

2. When shooting from 2/3 rank in the impact phase, the rules say that (only) bows can shoot from the 3rd rank. Did they mean to include longbows in that or is it really just bow (i.e. not bow*/longbow/crossbow)? Does seem a bit counter-intuitive to make the longbows less powerful here...
philqw78
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus

Re: Two rules questions (V1)

Post by philqw78 »

The Gauls are in a bad position. Unlucky
I believe it is restricted to bows to keep formations historical
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!

Return to “Rules Questions”