There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
- Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
- Posts: 497
- Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:43 am
As the last of the DLC has sailed (or not?), I was thinking about what I would really love to see in SR2:
- No more settings limitation, so that we can have factions that are more relevant/varied.
- A clear campaign army roster. The random list really detracts from the attachment to your company, and they made some of the MP matches I played very one sided, but it was early in beta.
- A thin strategic layer, as in Final Liberation: This is not to have a strategic mini game on top of the tactical game, but to make the tactical part more meaningful.
- More infantry friendly terrain: buildings that can be garrisoned, and a higher density of terrain that is only passable to infantry and grants cover bonus.
- Deep striking options. I toyed a bit with drop pods in the scenario builder, and it is a shame they were not better integrated in the game (by having a drop pod deployment option).
- A more intuitive penetration system (ie with a penetration roll that depends on the armor/penetration ratio, instead of one penetration, and a separate armor roll). The current system does its job, but it required quite a bit of reverse engineering to piece things together.
- Longer beta! Or maybe I entered too late, but I had the impression that the few iterations we had really made things better, but I wish there were more.
- Twitch Fidelity Award 2017
- Posts: 167
- Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:22 am
Ironman mode and grim dark difficulty from the beginning. And blood angels, tyranids and necrons ; )
- Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
- Posts: 478
- Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:42 pm
Are there firm plans to make Sanctus Reach 2?
- Private First Class - Opel Blitz
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:02 pm
hello I see this thread is dead but I like this game
I would want 3 stuffs only but I believe are very important:
1-factions: eldar, chaos, necrons, tyranids, tau
2-color scheme option
3-custom list of army to play skirmish
4-options turn based mode where you move 1 unit and then opponent move 1 unit instead you move all units and then I have to wait opponent move everyone their units
Last edited by carcanosc
on Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
- Posts: 26
- Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:22 pm
1. More modding friendly.
Looks like we're a bit late to the party. Eldar would be nice, tyranids would be amazing. I was hoping it was going to be them instead of daemons.