Wishlist for Sanctus Reach 2

There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
Galdred
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Wishlist for Sanctus Reach 2

Post by Galdred »

As the last of the DLC has sailed (or not?), I was thinking about what I would really love to see in SR2:
  1. No more settings limitation, so that we can have factions that are more relevant/varied.
  • A clear campaign army roster. The random list really detracts from the attachment to your company, and they made some of the MP matches I played very one sided, but it was early in beta.
  • A thin strategic layer, as in Final Liberation: This is not to have a strategic mini game on top of the tactical game, but to make the tactical part more meaningful.
  • More infantry friendly terrain: buildings that can be garrisoned, and a higher density of terrain that is only passable to infantry and grants cover bonus.
  • Deep striking options. I toyed a bit with drop pods in the scenario builder, and it is a shame they were not better integrated in the game (by having a drop pod deployment option).
  • A more intuitive penetration system (ie with a penetration roll that depends on the armor/penetration ratio, instead of one penetration, and a separate armor roll). The current system does its job, but it required quite a bit of reverse engineering to piece things together.
  • Longer beta! Or maybe I entered too late, but I had the impression that the few iterations we had really made things better, but I wish there were more.
Last edited by Galdred on Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017

Re: Wishlist for Sanctus Reach 2

Post by Parallax »

Ironman mode and grim dark difficulty from the beginning. And blood angels, tyranids and necrons ; )
SimonLancaster
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by SimonLancaster »

Are there firm plans to make Sanctus Reach 2?
YouTube channel for Field of Glory 2: Ancients and Medieval.

https://www.youtube.com/@simonlancaster1815
carcanosc
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by carcanosc »

hello I see this thread is dead but I like this game
I would want 3 stuffs only but I believe are very important:

1-factions: eldar, chaos, necrons, tyranids, tau
2-color scheme option
3-custom list of army to play skirmish
4-options turn based mode where you move 1 unit and then opponent move 1 unit instead you move all units and then I have to wait opponent move everyone their units
greetings
Last edited by carcanosc on Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
A_Wal_
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by A_Wal_ »

1. More modding friendly. :)

Looks like we're a bit late to the party. Eldar would be nice, tyranids would be amazing. I was hoping it was going to be them instead of daemons.
Galdred
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Galdred »

I forgot to add Titans!
With Epic Armageddon dead, this is the only chance to have both infantry and titans fighting together on the battlefield (Armageddon doesn't count, because it is more abstract).
A_Wal_
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by A_Wal_ »

Galdred wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:05 pmI forgot to add Titans!
With Epic Armageddon dead, this is the only chance to have both infantry and titans fighting together on the battlefield (Armageddon doesn't count, because it is more abstract).
How about chaos knights? :wink: https://postimg.cc/2bgVKNSn

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach”