Join the first Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament!

There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
desertedfox
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Join the first Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament!

Post by desertedfox »

I am getting this message against my opponent Wakavengerf.

The scripts or other data being used by your opponent do not match yours. You should contact the other player and ask why their data is different.

It is recommended you should abandon the game and report the issue on the forum.

I am using a steam version of the game with auto update enabled.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Thanks for letting me know. It looks like their scripts are not standard in some way, so we will try and send them a message to reinstall or unfortunately remove them from the tournament.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
TomoeGozen
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by TomoeGozen »

Well , that was a bit of a let down , 18 matches timed out , 3 of them my games.
Not sure it's worth running these if that's the sort of response :-(
Shame , I really enjoyed the games I did get a chance to play. Thanks for running the tourney though.

If any future tournies are planned would it be possible to only have scenarios where you get to do your own deployment. In one game I had 3 units buried in the middle of a forest with very few tracks in and they took ages to get in to the battle , in two other games I spent ages trying to get my unit to their transports which were deployed miles away!

Oh , and the 'units missing their abilities' bug needs to be sorted before another one I think.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for the feedback. Foibles in maps is why the games are paired, so everyone enjoys the same challenges :)

I will be trying to track down the bug today, assuming that the fixes I made recently have not fixed it.

Cheers

Pip
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Yes, thanks very much for the feedback. Deployment phases can be easily added, it would automatically solve any issues like those you have mentioned. The missing abilities bug is very strange, I have been unable to replicate it myself, so let's hope Pip can fix it.

cheers

Paul
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
Irishman
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Irishman »

Thanks for the tournament guys, really enjoyed it.
Some feedback:
-obviously the missing abilities bug to be fixed. Some units are very different without them
-personally I enjoyed not having a deployment phase. It made me think a bit more about what units to pick and stops players gathering all their best units together as a mobile death star. Especially in games without artillery.
-could you add something to let you know which side you are just before the turn replays? Or an indicator in the game titles as to who is who for each one. I find myself not sure which side I am at the start of the replay.
-when matching players, ability levels are important but so are time zones if possible? My last opponent and I seemed to be around at very different times.
Oh and if you could just add the Tau, Necrons, Chaos Marines and Eldar that would be great as well! :-)

Thanks for you hard work!

Kevin
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

I managed to track down and fix the abilities issue today. It was a nasty one... So should be fixed in the next update.

Cheers

Pip
TomoeGozen

Post by TomoeGozen »

Awesome! Well done and thanks very much.
NikiforosFokas

Post by NikiforosFokas »

Will we have another one?
For Byzantium!!
A_Wal_
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by A_Wal_ »

Paul59 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:38 pmDeployment phases can be easily added, it would automatically solve any issues like those you have mentioned.
It's a bug! Only one side gets to deploy if both should be able to and both get to if only one should be able to, they must have switched them over by mistake in a recent update.

pipfromslitherine wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:11 pmI managed to track down and fix the abilities issue today. It was a nasty one... So should be fixed in the next update.
I think that was to do with the sides not being allocated to the right factions, the way I fixed it was to give all the factions access to every ability, the brute force approach. The units still only have the abilities they're supposed to so it just means they have access to their abilities whatever faction the game thinks they are.

NikiforosFokas wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:49 pmWill we have another one?
I hope we do, I missed out on that.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach”