Join the first Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament!

There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Join the first Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament!

Post by AlbertoC »

With today's patch Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach receives full Slitherine Tournament System integration.

It means that from now on we will be running completely automated tournaments for the game, making use of our own system. Players can join the tournament and will be paired by the system, which will also create games between contenders, automatically. Furthermore, players will be notified on when the rounds will be starting by e-mail. You can check the full rules here: https://www.slitherine.com/tournaments/rules

The first tournament for Sanctus Reach will be a smaller one for us to test that everything works correctly. It is by all means a beta tournament, but it should still be fun and, hopefully, a smoothless experience.

There are 16 available slots for joining, so don't refrain and jump in now! It will consist of three rounds, each of the duration of one week. The first round will begin on June 1st.

You can sign up here: https://www.slitherine.com/tournaments
SimonLancaster
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: Join the first Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament!

Post by SimonLancaster »

Is this forum log-in and the log-in to join the tournament different? It always confuses me. I am here okay but it doesn't recognise me when I click on that link...
YouTube channel for Field of Glory 2: Ancients and Medieval.

https://www.youtube.com/@simonlancaster1815
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

The logins are the same, but the forum and main site are different systems so the logins are remembered separately.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
MikeMarchant
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by MikeMarchant »

Does anybody know if there's a systray app, like the one for FoG 2, etc, which alerts you when you have a turn available for Sanctus reach?

Best Wishes

Mike Marchant
MikeMarchant

Post by MikeMarchant »

Am I missing something?

I can't seem to deploy. After selecting my troops the only option is to start the game.

Best Wishes

Mike Marchant
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

The systray app should work for Sanctus too. Is that not happening?

Not all maps have a deployment phase.

Cheers

Pip
MikeMarchant

Post by MikeMarchant »

pipfromslitherine wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:21 pm The systray app should work for Sanctus too. Is that not happening?

Not all maps have a deployment phase.

Cheers

Pip
Thanks, Pip.

There only options in the app are: FoG, FoG 2, Battle Academy, War in the East and Panzer Corps. Maybe there's a newer version with more games included?

Best Wishes

Mike
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

IIRC (and it has been a while) this can be set up on the server and immediately begin working. I will check.

Cheers

Pip
kongxinga
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by kongxinga »

What games does this automated tournament system set games up for? I would very much like it to work with some older games such as Mare Nostrum or Sengoku Jidai. Even Battlefield Academy Series would be nice.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

kongxinga wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:09 pm What games does this automated tournament system set games up for? I would very much like it to work with some older games such as Mare Nostrum or Sengoku Jidai. Even Battlefield Academy Series would be nice.
It is set up for FoG1 & 2, BA1, WitE, PzC, and C:TGW. We could certainly make it live for other games without too much issue.

Cheers

Pip
kongxinga

Post by kongxinga »

Many thanks. I hope to see more of these come online, especially P&S and SJ. Mare Nostrum and BA2 would be nice as well. I am really excited.
Fosil
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Fosil »

I like the first map (Dominus), it has some interesting height difference and LOS angles. playing with a fixed force selection list is a good decision too. both armies for round 1 seemed to be pretty well balanced against each other. I don't know about the fixed deployment slots though.

how does the score system deals with tabling your opponent? it seems to be more advantageous to trap some ranged unit in melee to rake in more "holding objective" points, instead of just finishing the match. that's not fun for either players.
TomoeGozen
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by TomoeGozen »

Hi,
I've got a technical issue with one of my tourny games. I've posted it in the tech support thread but seemingly no one is looking at it as I'm not getting any answers.Could someone to do with running the tourny have a look at my post on the tech support thread please?
Thanks,
Dave
TomoeGozen

Post by TomoeGozen »

Seems I have another technical glitch...
I took a Tempestor prime , in the game he seems to have lost all of his abilities/orders... 200 points(I think) seems a lot for a guy with a pistol and dagger....
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

TomoeGozen wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:49 am Seems I have another technical glitch...
I took a Tempestor prime , in the game he seems to have lost all of his abilities/orders... 200 points(I think) seems a lot for a guy with a pistol and dagger....
Is this in the Cold Canyon tournament scenario, or something else?
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
TomoeGozen

Post by TomoeGozen »

It's the Ork Woods (?) scenario in the tournament. (The 2nd round match). I'm pretty certain that when I selected my force at the beginning I chose a Tempestor Prime(I think that's what he's called) and he had loads of orders and abilities. Now all of the little boxes are blank and he can't do anything to affect the guys around him :-(
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

TomoeGozen wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:42 pm It's the Ork Woods (?) scenario in the tournament. (The 2nd round match). I'm pretty certain that when I selected my force at the beginning I chose a Tempestor Prime(I think that's what he's called) and he had loads of orders and abilities. Now all of the little boxes are blank and he can't do anything to affect the guys around him :-(
I have just started up the scenario to check, and the Tempestus Prime does have all of his abilities in turn one:

I don't know of any way he could legitimately lose them during the scenario. Maybe Pip can throw some light upon this?
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
TomoeGozen

Post by TomoeGozen »

I must admit , I didn't notice if he had them in turn 1 as I wasn't really doing much with him then.
Irishman
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Irishman »

Pretty sure I have had the same issue with a Prefectus Commissar. Not sure about turn 1 but definitely ended up with no abilities. Possible bug?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

I will check it out. Thanks for the info.

Cheers

Pip

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach”