Soul Grinder OP

There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
Ollybgoode
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Soul Grinder OP

Post by Ollybgoode »

Anyone else finding the soul grinder way too OP? I'm playing mainly as Orks, and the only thing that seems to do any damage is the warbike, and even then it's not a tremendous amount. Deff Dredd and Meganoz get in close, do very little damage but get torn apart in return.

Had a few games playing as Daemons and found that I've always had access to at least 3 of these beasts, and they easily tear through anything any other armies throw at them, taking very little damage in return... I'm pretty sure they're not this dominant on the table top.... possible to nerf them a bit??
beatusille
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Soul Grinder OP

Post by beatusille »

I have got the same feeling. Actually, I am so far to be searching for a tactic for winning a game while running away from the soul grinders, since the only downside of the chaos army seems to be that it is not specially fast (no vehicles, no artillery). But it does no work yet. Last time one destroyed a dreadnought in only one turn shooting its front...

Next time I will try to run before them and kill the little units. Maybe so there will not be enough of then to take the LVs.
A_Wal_
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by A_Wal_ »

beatusille wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:09 amI have got the same feeling. Actually, I am so far to be searching for a tactic for winning a game while running away from the soul grinders
Use a melee unit to turn them and then shoot them in the rear. :wink: The wolfguard terminator hero has special ammi that's great for taking out tough targets. The tempestor prime has also has great abilities to help hotshots take down grinders. It's orks who really struggle against daemons because they don't have a good counter to grinders.
beatusille wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:09 amLast time one destroyed a dreadnought in only one turn shooting its front...
That should NEVER happen! Soulgrinders are fairly crap at shooting, it must have been almost dead. Or maybe its armour had been reduced by something.
beatusille

Post by beatusille »

I always try to shoot in the rear of every unit, of course. I admit, that I cannot achieve that every time. But I remember clearly shooting a grinder in the rear, with a Land Speeder cannon, and I could not see any special effects. It was nothing significant.

A_Wal_ wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:44 amThat should NEVER happen! Soulgrinders are fairly crap at shooting, it must have been almost dead. Or maybe its armour had been reduced by something.
I am sincerely surprised to read that, for in every game that I played against chaos soul grinder were the main damage deliverers, both with shots and in close combat. I am not doubting, what you wrote, it is possible, that I'm recalling that wrong, maybe it was a Khorne-thing. But the impression I gained from the soul grinders is that they are terrifying when they shot.
A_Wal_
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by A_Wal_ »

I forgot about the most effective grinder killer, the power sword's demolition charges. I think you get more damage in the rear with those as well.
Try using the grinders yourself to see how other people counter them. If you figure out a good way to counter them with orks let me know, my favourite faction gets owned by the daemons! :)
beatusille

Post by beatusille »

A_Wal_ wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:01 pm If you figure out a good way to counter them with orks let me know, my favourite faction gets owned by the daemons! :)
I will remember this. :)

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach”