Update Finalisation

Moderators: terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Update Finalisation

Post by nikgaukroger »

Life is now less hectic than it was and so I can now sort out a proper timetable for the finalisation of the update. All taken much longer than expected, however, given the degree of changes proposed I think that it has been sensible not to rush things.

I believe that there are still 3 competitions this year where it is planned to use the proposals - Derby (7/8 October), Oxford (21/22 October) and Warfare (18/19 November). As it looks like they will be covering quite a lot of the important/major changes proposed it seems silly to not wait and see what they throw up.

Therefore, I am proposing that we will be working towards having the update sorted at the end of this year (2017).

Over the next couple of months we will be working on the draft wording for changes and identifying which bits of the rules need to be referenced for changes. Obviously as we will be waiting for feedback from the comps mentioned above (and, of course, any other games people are playing) this will not be the final wording until the end of the year, however, it seems sensible to get started now.

Many thanks to all who have, and still are, contributing to this and for your patience as it has gone on longer than expected.
Nik Gaukroger

"Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he will tell you.
If he does not, why humiliate him?" - Canon Sydney Smith

nikgaukroger@blueyonder.co.uk
RonanTheLibrarian
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: Update Finalisation

Post by RonanTheLibrarian »

There is a fourth competition - a one-day Southern League bash at Abingdon on 10 December, organised by Bob Medcraft, using armies from the siege of Vienna 1683. Might be useful for observing how changes to the Polish and Ottoman lists work in the "late" period.
"No plan survives the first contact with the dice."

"There is something wrong with our bloody dice today!"
nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by nikgaukroger »

OK, we'll try and take on board any feedback from that as well - but at some point we do have to draw a line.
Nik Gaukroger

"Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he will tell you.
If he does not, why humiliate him?" - Canon Sydney Smith

nikgaukroger@blueyonder.co.uk
RonanTheLibrarian

Post by RonanTheLibrarian »

I have some sand you can borrow, if that helps.
"No plan survives the first contact with the dice."

"There is something wrong with our bloody dice today!"

Return to “FOGR Update”