Force Organization and Force Points are Broken

Dizzy_slith
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Force Organization and Force Points are Broken

Post by Dizzy_slith »

I wasnt part of the Beta, but maybe you guys missed this one?

First of all, when you select Force Points to play on Multiplayer, you expect to have those points. But you don't get them in some cases. For example, on a custom multiplayer Hotseat game where I gave the Orks 7,000 points, the Force Organization RANDOMLY decides what units will be available and often times doesn't give you the points you request, instead generating a force organization that adds up to far less than the points you were allocated to spend and in this case it added up to around 4,300 points. Not 7,000.

In another example, in a Multiplayer game, I gave Space wolves 6,000 points and the Force Organization generated only 4,320 points of units to choose from. Every unit choice was already selected in red and added up to 4,320.

Secondly, this is being repeated in Skirmish mode as well.

1.) I would like to see a RIGID Force Organization chart based off of the Army List that's selected and have a toggle option for it being completely random. This would enable players to choose various types of armies, be them Mechanized, Infantry, Special units, etc. and add to replayability of this game. You can't do that now as every time a Skirmish or Multiplayer mission is chosen, you get a completely random Force Organization unit selection. So there's no way to repeat a list or choose a tailor picked army. Its always random.

2.) I would like to see the Force Organization spawn unit choices that actually add up to what I have selected in Force Points. Currently, they dont do that, so when I play the AI in Skirmish mode, I can't 'spot' the AI a handicap in points and be sure it got them because it's army is adding up to FAR less than the Force Points it was given. Multiplayer is a mess because of the random Force Organization selection and getting LESS than the Force Points promised you in game. It would be nice if the AI were actually given 5000 points when you select that and not 3000 which is sometimes what it is doing.

3.) I would like to be able to mod what shows up in the Force Organization selection for units for each Army List. I posted a Mod Thread for this purpose. Currently, I don't know of a modding tutorial or guide that explains how to mod anything.

Thank you. I think this will be a tremendous game if this is fixed.
kingmarkie
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Force Organization and Force Points are Broken

Post by kingmarkie »

I have seen a lot of players ask for non-randomized lists, and I could see this in some kind of creative mode. To me a big part of the gameplay and balance in SR is the variety of units and their counters. If non-random lists were introduced to multi-player the matches would quickly degrade into whole armies of the "most powerful unit" removing all the intricacies of the units strengths and weaknesses. If you would like to have a skirmish of all flash gitz vs all hotshot volley guns or something similar, this could be achieved in the map editor. That being said, your opinion is just as valuable as mine, and I think a creative mode where you can choose from all units in the game would go a long way towards satisfying those who want more freedom of choice. As for me, I prefer the random lists. I like the challenge of having to work with whatever is available even if it doesn't include my favorite units. I wouldn't mind seeing the ability to mix the imperium forces (IG and SW) in the same army, and who knows, maybe the Orcs will get some help from cultists and daemons in the future :P
kingmarkie

Re: Force Organization and Force Points are Broken

Post by kingmarkie »

by the way, here is a link to the mod site for the archon engine. hope it helps.
http://archonwiki.slitherine.com/index.php/Main_Page

Return to “Sanctus Reach After Action Reports (AAR)”