Mega-Nobz, KillaCan and Battlewagon AI wonky

Dizzy_slith
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Mega-Nobz, KillaCan and Battlewagon AI wonky

Post by Dizzy_slith »

Mega-Nobz come down a hill on a skirmish mission with full morale, spending two turns to move into an adjacent square with my Dreadnought and the Mega-Nobz did not fire their combi-guns either turn. So I faced my Dreadnoughts back to the MegaNob that was in an adjacent square and it did not either move nor attack me in hand to hand for two turns as I tested it to see what it would do. Once I attacked it, it attacked back, but ending the turn it again and it sat there doing nothing once again. It didnt shoot on its own when it had the chance and it didnt attack me on its own in hand to hand.

Killa Can walked right up to the side armor of my Predator and did not attack with its drill close combat weapon. Nor did it fire its gun at me. It then walked into my backfield and got back armor on my Predator tank and again it did not attack my tanks rear armor or shoot. Sometimes they just walk around and don't shoot.

Battlewagons sometimes do not shoot either.

These reports are confirmed on Steam reviews by thatguy17 and other reviewers.

Ive also noticed with the Orks that they often stagger their waves when attacking me. Instead of trying to get all their units into hand to hand at once, they fail to coordinate their attacks and they die while not attacking in numbers sufficient to overwhelm. I'm not sure if there is any tweaking that can be done to that type of AI, but if they could try and group up their infantry and try an en masse type of attack, it would suit their strength and cover their shooting weakness.

Thank you.

Having a blast playing this game, btw! Its addictively fun! You guys have made something that I think will be a major hit. It just needs a bit of tweaking here and there but I'm playing it having a blast despite the issues. Edit: Oh and its very stable. No crashes or lock ups for me in more than 40 hours playing. Not a single crash. Nice job for a game right out of the gate.

Return to “Sanctus Reach After Action Reports (AAR)”