AddViz Function modification to help Modding Game

Exaercase
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

AddViz Function modification to help Modding Game

Post by Exaercase »

Hello,

I've do a battle log with no problem. But i try to do a more dynamic (but shortly and iconic info) during the fire/melee on hit MAN. To do it i need to use AddVizTextPrecise like we use with the $ at the start of AddVizUnitText to pop-up info on MAN not unit ($ as first char means literal string).

(And in the absolute the $ as first char means literal string in AddVizText function also will be the paradise :) )

I Hope you'll will help me :)
I've try in last resort to use :
AddUserString(tagBody) and RemoveUserString(tag) but fail even with RemoveUserString that i create immediatly after use it the IDS_<tagBody>_<number> don't be clear and i can't reuse it and must track of the <number>. but it's not a solution cause if i can't delete the IDS_<tagBody>_<number> the number of thing i log is very very important and cause stack overflow.
Thx in advance
ExA
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AddViz Function modification to help Modding Game

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Hmmm - I will add to the wishlist.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Exaercase
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Exaercase »

hello,

thx a lot :)

Best Regards, ExA
Olivier Milliot
Exaercase
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Exaercase »

Hello Again,

Now you are less busy on the new DLC. I come again to ask you please could you do and a little add to this two function :
//add a display of text to the tile center, in the colour (colour is a string hex value). alwaysShow means show even if tile is not visible to viewing side
AddVizText(x, y, text, colour, [alwaysShow])

//add a display of text to the coordinates in 100ths, in the colour (colour is a string hex value). alwaysShow means show even if tile is not visible to viewing side. NOTE does not autodelay messages per tile as normal, to allow >1 on tile.
AddVizTextPrecise(x, y, text, colour, [alwaysShow])
To be able to do like the function under that handle literal string : "$ as first char means literal string". Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)
//add a display of text to the unit, in the colour (colour is a string hex value). alwaysShow means show even if tile is not visible to viewing side. $ as first char means literal string
AddVizUnitText(id, text, colour, [alwaysShow])
If you could do it i'll could finally advance in my mod of the game cause like i've explain other mean try to do that do stack overflow .... :(

If you could i'll be very gratefully :)
Thx in advance
Exaercase
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

I will see if I can find time to sneak it in.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Exaercase
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Exaercase »

Thnak's Pip :)

Return to “Sanctus Reach Mods and Scenario Design”