Just purchased, question regarding mod

exsonic01
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Just purchased, question regarding mod

Post by exsonic01 »

Hello

First of all, thank you for the nice game. I just purchased whole package thanks to steam sale.

I have a question though.
1) Are there any modding tool/software for SR? I checked the manual, but there's no detailed info regarding modding or modding tool.

2) Is it possible to change gun/artillery/explosion sound, and add ambient battlefield background noise / add more battle BGMs? I have some mp3 files. Is it possible to make such "sound mod"?

3) Is it possible to modify graphics for projectiles / shooting flash? Or are there any such mods already?

Thanks

Best,
Last edited by exsonic01 on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Just purchased, question regarding mod

Post by zakblood »

thanks for the purchase exsonic01 and welcome to the forum, hopefully some one from the modding section will be able to help you out with your question
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

The engine details are here http://archonwiki.slitherine.com/index.php/Main_Page

Most of the modding is the same as the STUB engine games (as here http://www.slitherinebravo.net/GameWiki/doku.php )

You have access to all the tools that the team use to build the engine - everything is data driven! Changing the FX might be tricky though, as they are fairly entwined with the models and animations.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
exsonic01

Post by exsonic01 »

pipfromslitherine wrote:The engine details are here

Most of the modding is the same as the STUB engine games

You have access to all the tools that the team use to build the engine - everything is data driven! Changing the FX might be tricky though, as they are fairly entwined with the models and animations.

Cheers

Pip
So, the manual says: "Globals mods currently support skinning, and a custom squads file" Is this means no sound mod possible? That is sad....

If I change some mp3 file for sound effect and music, directly from Sounds or Music folder, by switching mp3 file to other file, would it be ok for the stability of the game?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Sound is not something I had considered from mods - I will add it to the wishlist. Changing sounds should have no effect on the gameplay, so go ahead!

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “Sanctus Reach Mods and Scenario Design”