1 Trait Challenge

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

eddieballgame
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

1 Trait Challenge

Post by eddieballgame » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:19 pm

Ok, more (silly?) posts due to being 'cooped up'. :)
So, if one were to play a Campaign & only allowed 1 Trait...what would be the best choice.
Playing on 'Colonel' could/would allow for all the Traits to be viable.
Thoughts?

Nalikill
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: 1 Trait Challenge

Post by Nalikill » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:22 pm

Master of Blitzkrieg for me. If my panzers had been stopped by those damned minor rivers, there are many battles I would have done much, much worse in.

SineMora
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by SineMora » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:32 pm

Hypothetically? Assuming we're allowing rerolls Killer Team would top the list as always. Other than that I'm not sure; I've never played on Colonel. I imagine prestige isn't really going to be much of a problem, though, so those are out. I'd probably end up with something boring like Panzer General (to maximize my slots) or AA Veteran (to null the AI airforce and, once again, free up a lot of slots), because I'd probably get depressed picking Perimeter Control or Flexible Command and not getting the other to go with it.
Mildly pretentious Swede. Goes by Path on most platforms, including Steam.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=596&t=98034 -- Generalissimus AAR (no Liberator / Trophies / Heroes)

Vanha
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Vanha » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:39 pm

Maybe AA Veteran... but I do like the perimeter control a lot.

Hexaboo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Hexaboo » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:15 pm

No Overstrength? :D Just to be a pain!

Nalikill
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Nalikill » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:17 pm

Here's an alternate thought: if you were forced to take ALL the traits (including "no aircraft" and "no artillery), what is the highest difficulty it would be possible to beat the game on?

SineMora

Post by SineMora » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:22 pm

Nalikill wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:17 pm
Here's an alternate thought: if you were forced to take ALL the traits (including "no aircraft" and "no artillery), what is the highest difficulty it would be possible to beat the game on?
Do you at least get the positive ones too (because Denied Air Force with no AA Veteran... fun times ahead)? If so it'd probably be more of an incredibly tedious slog than all that difficult, assuming you don't add the challenge mods to it. You can work around all the penalties but some of them are just so bad that it takes all the fun out of playing (Poor Ground Control, I'm looking at you).

That said, some of those fortified positions are going to be horrible bloody to take.
Mildly pretentious Swede. Goes by Path on most platforms, including Steam.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=596&t=98034 -- Generalissimus AAR (no Liberator / Trophies / Heroes)

Plaid
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by Plaid » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:27 pm

I was too lazy to think about trait balance and special rules, just picked battlefield academy as it looked simple and not over-powered.
Finished the campaign on General without much trouble, I guess you can even play with 0 traits just fine.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”