Guderian scripted events problems

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Trepko
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Guderian scripted events problems

Post by Trepko » Sat May 01, 2021 8:10 pm

Hello,

Playing AO with my 2nd run with Guderian attribute (-5 turns), I've noticed a few problems: every time there are some scripted events which would normally take place during the 5 last turns of the scenario, these events don't exist in the Guderian scenario.
My first example is in AO40, in the training scenario: you can hire Elsa Kloss at turn 5, but when playing Guderian, as the scenario only lasts 2 turns, turn 5 doesn't exist and I can't hire Elsa Kloss. I don't think this is intented that Guderian style prevents the player from having these scripted events.
(on a side note: with only 2 turns the scenario is almost useless for training, but let's say that's part of the Guderian style !)
Is this a known issue and will it be tackled ?
Do you know the "code name" for Elsa Kloss ? (if I want to force the hiring with the cheat code)

I'm also in AO41 with my first run (without Guderian), I think the problem will also occur in AO41, for example in the training scenario: with only 3 turns in Guderian style, I will miss all the events happening after turn 3 (Rudel hero and Meteor documents)
Last edited by Trepko on Sat May 01, 2021 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

scorehouse
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Guderian scripted events problems

Post by scorehouse » Sat May 01, 2021 8:34 pm

nice detective work wish i were computer savy enough to even use a cheat code :?

dalfrede
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by dalfrede » Sun May 02, 2021 1:42 am

PzC1 had the same problem.
In Allied Corps 'Italian Offensive' you have a staged withdraw, the scenario ends before the finial stage, so you lose. :mrgreen:
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.

DarkBlueInk
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DarkBlueInk » Mon May 03, 2021 3:48 am

scorehouse wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:34 pm
nice detective work wish i were computer savy enough to even use a cheat code :?
You don't need to be computer savvy. Just use forum search function. Below is the original list, but I believe more were added in the DLC's.

viewtopic.php?f=464&t=97492&p=836272&hi ... es#p836272

Magni
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Magni » Mon May 03, 2021 6:26 pm

Don't go Guderian in AO campaigns. It breaks scripts, and it unintentionally makes some missions (mainly defense ones) easier than they should be. If you want the challenge, just treat non-defensive scenarios as a failure and restart if you can't finish 5 turns before the end.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Mon May 03, 2021 7:03 pm

Magni wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 6:26 pm
Don't go Guderian in AO campaigns. It breaks scripts, and it unintentionally makes some missions (mainly defense ones) easier than they should be. If you want the challenge, just treat non-defensive scenarios as a failure and restart if you can't finish 5 turns before the end.
We're going to try and have a better solution for this in the future. It might mean disabling 'Guderian' for the AO campaigns that cannot accommodate them (in a similar way to when we had to disabled the ability to have unlimited turns), but also trying to be more flexible going into the future. Bringing some scenario designs and configuration into the future that will allow for turn limit manipulation for both less and more time.

Trepko

Post by Trepko » Wed May 12, 2021 10:33 am

Indeed, I realised that defensive missions are actually easier with Guderian, because most of the time it means that the last ennemy wave can't attack.
I can't use the trick to restart the scenario if I can't finish it 5 turns before end because I play with Iron Man too.
I think I will restart AO40 campaign without Guderian, and to add more challenge, I will take the "1 hero per ennemy unit" challenge (and keep the Iron man + generallissimus of course).

Bee1976
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Bee1976 » Wed May 12, 2021 6:07 pm

Trepko wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 10:33 am
I think I will restart AO40 campaign without Guderian, and to add more challenge, I will take the "1 hero per ennemy unit" challenge (and keep the Iron man + generallissimus of course).
I tried this, careful it hurts alot ;) But yes it is fun.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”