Tournaments and enlisted player that do not play, what to do with?

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

ElLobo
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Tournaments and enlisted player that do not play, what to do with?

Post by ElLobo »

Hi all, i was speaking with some Panzer Corps 2 players already, and every one of them is very "disappointed" by enlisted player that do not play, or even stop playing when they start to loose the game!

I can understand their anger. And i think it´s time to speak about, what to do with!! it does not seem to be very fair when you get in a round 0 points or the minimum of points because your opponent is not playing? how do you all think about?
wecker
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Tournaments and enlisted player that do not play, what to do with?

Post by wecker »

Hi,

I "enlisted" for the tournament just to spend my time until AO1942 comes out.

But I don`t get it how to start a game and what to do whatsoever.

So I`m not able to join anything and I am sorry that I enlisted myself.

I`ll stay in the future on the single player and campaign side.

Is there a video how this all works out?

Sadly bye
wjohnson101a
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by wjohnson101a »

My first tournament to enter, apparently my opponent forgot they entered. so guess ill wait till second round. I hope that if a player does not attempt to play a turn they will be booted out of the tournament...
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

wecker wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:59 pm Hi,

Sadly bye
There are directions on the "rules" where you join the tournament.

In any case, this is my first tournament or even playing a human opponent in any Panzer General/Corps game. Here's what you do:

1. Launch Panzer Corps 2 like normal.
2. Click on "Multiplayer" on the screen where you normally load or start a campaign.
3. You will need to sign into either your Slitherine (i.e. forum/store) account, or Steam account. I chose Slitherine.
4. Once you do that, you'll see a window open that shows "My Games" along with other tabs on top. I believe it opens automatically to where you need to be. Click on "Open" or "Play" (I forgot which it said.)
5. There are two, in case you're confused at first: one for each side (i.e. you play as the Soviets in one game while the Germans on the other) against the same human opponent.

There rest I think is really self-explanatory. Just remember, you cannot undo any moves so take your time.

Hope that helps!
Morrok
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Morrok »

I read the rules about tournament but i have one question:
I managed my army in first round and I'm still waiting for the opponent. As you can assume he did nothing.
We should report somewhere the situation like this, or the game itself can notify who was active so I can receive the "BYE" before round 2?
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

Any player who is not active and does not play a sufficient number of rounds should be kicked out automatically by the system, and won't progress to round 2, while their opponents will be awarded bonus points.
ElLobo

Post by ElLobo »

AlbertoC wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:17 am Any player who is not active and does not play a sufficient number of rounds should be kicked out automatically by the system, and won't progress to round 2, while their opponents will be awarded bonus points.
It´s nice to now that there is a penalty for those one, but truly it´s sad,...that its necessary!!!

And for another side i think it´s a bit of education as well. When my opponent is that good and i can´t win, and i do not want to continue, there is is a possibility for surrender and give up in a correct way.
But to disappear and do not continue playing, is bad education!!!
And thats really sad!!!

Things you start, need to be finished!!!
ElLobo

Post by ElLobo »

For the ongoing Tournament please continue here:

viewtopic.php?f=464&t=106155
wecker

Post by wecker »

adiekmann wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:49 am

Sadly bye

In any case, this is my first tournament or even playing a human opponent in any Panzer General/Corps game. Here's what you do:

2. Click on "Multiplayer" on the screen where you normally load or start a campaign.
3. You will need to sign into either your Slitherine (i.e. forum/store) account, or Steam account. I chose Slitherine.
4. Once you do that, you'll see a window open that shows "My Games" along with other tabs on top. I believe it opens automatically to where you need to be. Click on "Open" or "Play" (I forgot which it said.)
5. There are two, in case you're confused at first: one for each side (i.e. you play as the Soviets in one game while the Germans on the other) against the same human opponent.

There rest I think is really self-explanatory. Just remember, you cannot undo any moves so take your time.

Hope that helps!

Hello adiekmann,

many thanks for your guidance. That helped me a lot. Something like that would be very helpful for noobs like me (maybe as an email to all participants or here in the forums in a special thread).

I was stuck at step 3 (choose between Steam and Slitherine).

Now I saw two games for me - I joined them and made my deployment and my first move.

Then the screen said something like "Uploading" and throw me out of the games.

Is this the way it works? How do I know when my opponent has finished his move? When will my next turn be?

This is all so exciting and too complicated :D
darthlocutus

Post by darthlocutus »

Same for me, been waiting for 2 days now for "gony1984" to play
adiekmann

Post by adiekmann »

wecker wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:24 pm
adiekmann wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:49 am

Sadly bye

Hope that helps!
Then the screen said something like "Uploading" and throw me out of the games.

Is this the way it works? How do I know when my opponent has finished his move? When will my next turn be?

This is all so exciting and too complicated :D
Yes, once you complete your turn and click "End Turn," and it will save and upload your moves. Now, you just have to wait for your opponent to make their move/turn. Once they have, you will see the "My Games" screen/tab say "Play" instead of "Join," which does nothing.

My opponent is 10 hours ahead of my time zone (you can use the F1 chat to send them a message) so that too makes it difficult to know when your opponent has played. I am on summer vacation/holiday so I have lots of time (when there isn't a Euro Cup game going on :P ) so I check several times a day to see if he's (or she's :oops: ) played. I agree, however, that it would be nice to have some other way to find out rather than having to launch the game and login to check. An email or text message alert maybe? I don't know.
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

adiekmann wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:29 pm

My opponent is 10 hours ahead of my time zone (you can use the F1 chat to send them a message) so that too makes it difficult to know when your opponent has played.
I agree, however, that it would be nice to have some other way to find out rather than having to launch the game and login to check. An email or text message alert maybe? I don't know.
"adiekmann!"… The very moment that I read this part of your message... it came to mind to myself that a simple way to solve this perplexing problem... would be too... . Have someone create a special multiplayer-communication device... such as an 'Icon' that can be located on your 'Desktop'... wherein when your opponent player has completed his turn... a sequence of information events then follows through!... such as!... .

*** Your "Multi-Player-Communication-ICON"... will start 'Glowing and Pulsing' [Select the Color for your ICON]… as well as being accommodated with an occasional intermittent acoustical sound byte chime of your choice if you wish to activate it... included with the name of your 'Opponent' as well as yours... displayed with his and your local time stamp indicated on or by the 'ICON'.***

Now!... if someone is talented enough to devise a tool of this craftwork... this could solve this frustration that you all have to endure!.
adiekmann

Post by adiekmann »

Edit: I just learned something new about the "Join" button. When it is NOT greyed out, it means that your opponent is currently live in the game. It happened to me earlier today. I opened the chat and immediately sent him a message and we pounded out a few turns in a few minutes each, back and forth in real time. Unfortunately, it was 3:00 in the afternoon where I live and 1:00 a.m. where he was so we couldn't go much longer than that. But should you see the "Join" button live, click on it and you can watch your opponent's moves in real time like playing against the AI. Let him/her know in the chat that you're there so you can hopefully complete at least several turns in a row!

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”