Discuss the Path to 1942 Tournament here

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Discuss the Path to 1942 Tournament here

Post by AlbertoC »

You can discuss the ongoing tournament on this thread
ElLobo
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Discuss the Path to 1942 Tournament here

Post by ElLobo »

Sorry, but i need to get this one off:

Why people start to play in a multiplayer tournament when they do not like playing against other people?
Playing one vs one includes that one will win and antherone will loose.

Some do like to win, only to win!!!...., so when they meet an stronger player they are stopping playing because they can´t restart the game.
Recover mistakes you made is more difficult than doing a restart of the scenario!! or even to get the max of points out of it!!!

these players i do not understand? I guess for them it´ll be better not to take part in....

For me it´s bad education!! When they can´t win: switching the computer off and running away ...???(running away seems to solve problems)

What i started i should try to finish,....or in this case here, surrender, when i do not want to continue!!!!

Also when it´s only a game, what means to loose is not painfull!!

It would be nice to continue with a minimum of politness and education!!!

What do you think about? I really would like to know if i am the only one that thinks like that?
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

Miffed by 'Sore-Losers':

I personally do not engage in 'Multiplayer', and I also don't know if a 'Set-Of-Rules' or 'Protocols' are in place to regulate how the 'Game' will be organized or run?. Cleary!... some set of 'Standards'... if there are any... seem not to be... in-place or working?.

Also... there should be 'Monitors' who are able to have some jurisdiction in the 'Game' as far as 'Regulating' it... so that it ["The-Game"] is run smoothly. If your not 'Prepared to Lose'... then... as the saying goes... "get out of the 'Kitchen"... don't get involved. Moderators or Monitors of the 'Game'... should be able to intervene... to settle matters... and... as well as to prohibit wayward/disruptive players from further engaging in 'Tournaments'... either permanently or for a given disciplinary period of time, depending on the "indiscretionary/wrongful-act"... that was willfully committed.

"Added-Note":
If a player cannot stand losing or being defeated... then... perhaps a set of options should be available for that player to either outright... "Surrender", "Retreat... with enough surviving forces" to possibly make some kind of a comeback later on... or some other alternate unpleasant choice... which in any-case should still give the player some kind of stat-rating for score puposes in the 'Game'???... its up to you guys how you would like to ''Engineer"... how complex or involved that you want the game to be!.
ElLobo

Post by ElLobo »

Retributarr wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:08 pm Miffed by 'Sore-Losers':

I personally do not engage in 'Multiplayer', and I also don't know if a 'Set-Of-Rules' or 'Protocols' are in place to regulate how the 'Game' will be organized or run?. Cleary!... some set of 'Standards'... if there are any... seem not to be... in-place or working?.

Also... there should be 'Monitors' who are able to have some jurisdiction in the 'Game' as far as 'Regulating' it... so that it ["The-Game"] is run smoothly. If your not 'Prepared to Lose'... then... as the saying goes... "get out of the 'Kitchen"... don't get involved. Moderators or Monitors of the 'Game'... should be able to intervene... to settle matters... and... as well as to prohibit wayward/disruptive players from further engaging in 'Tournaments'... either permanently or for a given disciplinary period of time, depending on the "indiscretionary/wrongful-act"... that was willfully committed.

"Added-Note":
If a player cannot stand losing or being defeated... then... perhaps a set of options should be available for that player to either outright... "Surrender", "Retreat... with enough surviving forces" to possibly make some kind of a comeback later on... or some other alternate unpleasant choice... which in any-case should still give the player some kind of stat-rating for score puposes in the 'Game'???... its up to you guys how you would like to ''Engineer"... how complex or involved that you want the game to be!.

Nicely spoken, and i agree totally, but i think it´s all too much work, it is still only a game, and a game is for fun!! but truly said all games have rules!!
but i think it´s more for the education, or age of the players,...when you can´t stand losing,.....surrender, or do not play!!
Loosing a game is not painfull,.....for me sometimes is a big fun, when i´m loosing a game: giving mine opponent a hard and uncomfortable life until he finally wins!!
Josans
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Josans »

HI, people

Im still waiting the 1st round of my opponent just to begin my game....
Josans

Post by Josans »

If is too late i wont have the time to finnish my round :(
Josans

Post by Josans »

If at last he makes the round I will have so little time to make mine
ElLobo

Post by ElLobo »

The first map for the tounrament i like a lot!!!

Remains me a bit to Panzer Coprs 1 and i need to say it looks fantastic and is great fun to play it!!!

Congratulations for this one!!!

I looking forward to play this map more often and to see more of such maps!!!

Great work!!!
GraftMalt
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by GraftMalt »

Same Issue here - somehow my opponent stopped playing since 2 days after round 1. Very sad after investing some time to create the right army and setup for the map. Are there at least some kind of points for the player not timed out similar to the Field of Glory 2 tournaments?
urbanov4
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by urbanov4 »

El23Lobo wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:22 am The first map for the tounrament i like a lot!!!

Remains me a bit to Panzer Coprs 1 and i need to say it looks fantastic and is great fun to play it!!!

Congratulations for this one!!!

I looking forward to play this map more often and to see more of such maps!!!

Great work!!!
I like this map also. A good, not small, historic map. But I miss those maps yet from multiplayer. Kinda boring the few maps which are excisting.
Folklore
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Folklore »

Was the problem with bonus points fixed? Previously, If you won the map early by capturing all hexes, the points for the remaining rounds were not added.
Edit: seems like it wasn't.
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tkrysiak »

So, what happens to all the people who started a game and opponent just got bored/rage quit? Do they basically get no points for the game? I mean, it would suck having two really amazing matches and then have someone who is a no show or who just quits after a turn or two...
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tkrysiak »

Folklore wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:39 pm Was the problem with bonus points fixed? Previously, If you won the map early by capturing all hexes, the points for the remaining rounds were not added.
Looks like it wasn't. I have an early win and was rather disappointing to see that I just knee capped myself by winning early...
ElLobo

Post by ElLobo »

Folklore wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:39 pm Was the problem with bonus points fixed? Previously, If you won the map early by capturing all hexes, the points for the remaining rounds were not added.
Good morning, here neither, i finished the game several rounds earlier and it looks like i didn´t got the points!!

It looks disapointing when you see how less points you are ahead from your opponent, for finishing a map earlier , winning both games!!
Only some 70 points ahead??
Well i hope that this keeps people playing at least, because like this, you continue with a chance to win, after loosing one game!!
Folklore
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Folklore »

That's atrocious. Why would you start another tournament if you haven't fixed a major points issue that was previously reported by many people?
Cowboy00
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Cowboy00 »

El23Lobo wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:27 am
Good morning, here neither, i finished the game several rounds earlier and it looks like i didn´t got the points!!

It looks disapointing when you see how less points you are ahead from your opponent, for finishing a map earlier , winning both games!!
Well i hope that this keeps people playing at least, because like this, you continue with a chance to win, after loosing one game!!
Hello El23Lobo,
I agree with you, you have developed a fantastic defense and in attack you have been superior too . I don´t understand why the diference in points is so low between us.
Anyway, congratulations
bendtheknee
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by bendtheknee »

Re: Tournoi d'inauguration du Panzer Corps2
Poster par plier le genou» 14 avr. 2021 06:24

Bonjour,

j'ai été surpris de gagner la map (tour 3 du tournoi) en allemand au tour 5 ou 6, j'ai capturé tous les hexagones de victoire une fois (certains recapture bye polish), c'est normal ?

même problème que pour le tournoi précèdent, il n'y a pas d'avantage de point a finir la partie rapidement....
bubu13
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Translation Tools':
It would be an idea to possibly incorporate a 'Tab' somewhere convenient... so that one could easily 'Translate'... say a document made originally in the "French" language... into some of the other major languages... yes!-???... no!-???... "maybe-so?".

Once the 'Language-Translation-Tab' is activated... the user... could then select the alternative language that is then preffered… for easy cognitive reading.
ElLobo

Post by ElLobo »

Cowboy00 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:14 am
El23Lobo wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:27 am

Hello El23Lobo,
I agree with you, you have developed a fantastic defense and in attack you have been superior too . I don´t understand why the diference in points is so low between us.
Anyway, congratulations
thank you very much for your congratulations,...

well it is very difficult to set up an strategy against an human, is quiet different than playing against the programm,...
And defense seems to be easy, but in between you need to retreat, and thats always tho most difficult, not to start to early or too late,....

well you neither played bad, you gave me some problems to solve, wasn´t easy to find the right way i changed several times my ideas, and of course you need some luck too!!!
ESPADATXI
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by ESPADATXI »

In my case, my opponent does play but he does it at such a slow pace that in a week it is impossible to complete the 20 turns and the two games will remain unfinished ... obviously he is aware but continues with his rhythm of just one turn per day ... and you can't do anything ... at least reading here I see that it could be worse ... :?

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”