few 42 questions

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Post Reply
scorehouse
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Posts: 530
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:56 am

few 42 questions

Post by scorehouse » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:15 pm

besides a limited supply of 4 slot F and G German tanks, I've been relying on captured Soviet armor. I'm finishing up Moscow and achieved all the goals but my Soviet Tank reserves have taken a beating. in the 42, will I wish I hadn't semi-depleted my captured Soviet Tank Supply or will there be plenty more to capture? I know the Tiger is introduced by I believe in limited supply. any other German Tanks or AT become available or r the captured Soviet armor the way to go? thanks

VirgilInTheSKY
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:26 pm

Re: few 42 questions

Post by VirgilInTheSKY » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:55 pm

You will see more T-34/42, KV-1/42 and T-34/43 than you want to see in AO42. Armoured equipment is much more than enough if you are dedicated for capturing them. Marder II, Marder III and long-barrelled StuG III will drop in this period, and Tiger will, according to the game file itself, become available in the end of 1942. You also get 30 SU-122 from the captured Kremlin file token, which doubles as AT and SPG.

scorehouse
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Posts: 530
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:56 am

Re: few 42 questions

Post by scorehouse » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:13 pm

thanks. I don't have to replay Moscow. any reason not to play with denied artillery?

adiekmann
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
Posts: 845
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:47 am

Re: few 42 questions

Post by adiekmann » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:53 pm

scorehouse wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:13 pm
thanks. I don't have to replay Moscow. any reason not to play with denied artillery?
Only if you want access to some of the Sturmgeschütz self-propelled type of guns, but even then I think you can buy them as AT and just use the 'switch' feature to use them as ART. I can't think of any other reason. It's in '44, I believe, before the Hummel and Wespe become available.

scorehouse
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Posts: 530
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:56 am

Re: few 42 questions

Post by scorehouse » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:59 pm

does the flamepanzer III show up?

VirgilInTheSKY
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:26 pm

Re: few 42 questions

Post by VirgilInTheSKY » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:31 am

Flammpanzer III is available from 1943.4.15, not yet. Only new flamethrower in 1942 is the SdKfz.251/16, and OT-34 from capture.

BaronVonKrieg
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:45 pm

Re: few 42 questions

Post by BaronVonKrieg » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:30 pm

VirgilInTheSKY wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:31 am
Flammpanzer III is available from 1943.4.15, not yet. Only new flamethrower in 1942 is the SdKfz.251/16, and OT-34 from capture.
isnt there a flammpanzer II variant aswell

VirgilInTheSKY
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:26 pm

Re: few 42 questions

Post by VirgilInTheSKY » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:47 pm

BaronVonKrieg wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:30 pm
VirgilInTheSKY wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:31 am
Flammpanzer III is available from 1943.4.15, not yet. Only new flamethrower in 1942 is the SdKfz.251/16, and OT-34 from capture.
isnt there a flammpanzer II variant aswell
Flammpanzer II is 1941.4.16, so by the time of 1942 you should already have it for a year

Magni
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:10 pm

Re: few 42 questions

Post by Magni » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:36 am

scorehouse wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:15 pm
besides a limited supply of 4 slot F and G German tanks, I've been relying on captured Soviet armor. I'm finishing up Moscow and achieved all the goals but my Soviet Tank reserves have taken a beating. in the 42, will I wish I hadn't semi-depleted my captured Soviet Tank Supply or will there be plenty more to capture? I know the Tiger is introduced by I believe in limited supply. any other German Tanks or AT become available or r the captured Soviet armor the way to go? thanks
T-34/40 will be gone in '42, which is a bummer given how slot-efficient they are. Also KV-1/40s and KV-1/41s will get scarce, and KV-1/42 goes down to 4MP which makes it not worth it any longer IMO.

You'll get Tiger (P) prototypes early, and a few opportunities to get more. Tiger Is arrive as CP options towards the end. Marders and AT-class StuGs are coming in, as are the long-barrel Panzer IVs. T-34/42 is still easily the equal of anything other than german heavies, and you'll see a lot of those. Also, Panzer IIIN arrives and that's one hell of an efficient little assault tank if you overstrength it and put a Vigilant hero on it.

Denied artillery will mean no StuH 42s for you, and no better Nebelwerfers. Still an option, and you really want to not take it in '43 anyway what with all the self-propelled options coming in then.
adiekmann wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:53 pm
Only if you want access to some of the Sturmgeschütz self-propelled type of guns, but even then I think you can buy them as AT and just use the 'switch' feature to use them as ART. I can't think of any other reason. It's in '44, I believe, before the Hummel and Wespe become available.
StuH 42 can only be bought in the artillery tab, and it's the only StuG that can switch modes. The long 75mm StuG variants are pure AT.

adiekmann
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
Posts: 845
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:47 am

Re: few 42 questions

Post by adiekmann » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:30 am

Magni wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:36 am

adiekmann wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:53 pm
Only if you want access to some of the Sturmgeschütz self-propelled type of guns, but even then I think you can buy them as AT and just use the 'switch' feature to use them as ART. I can't think of any other reason. It's in '44, I believe, before the Hummel and Wespe become available.
StuH 42 can only be bought in the artillery tab, and it's the only StuG that can switch modes. The long 75mm StuG variants are pure AT.
That's not true. I just checked to make sure. Both the StuH 42 and the StuG IV are switchable and can be bought as artillery and AT. The StuG IV, however, is not available until 28.12.43. Use the cheat code "cheat AllEqp" and you can see for yourself. They both do appear in the AT tab for purchase.

I was wrong about the Wespe and Hummel; they are available in '43, 13.03.43 and 08.04.43 respectively.

Magni
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:10 pm

Re: few 42 questions

Post by Magni » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:27 pm

adiekmann wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:30 am
That's not true. I just checked to make sure. Both the StuH 42 and the StuG IV are switchable and can be bought as artillery and AT. The StuG IV, however, is not available until 28.12.43. Use the cheat code "cheat AllEqp" and you can see for yourself. They both do appear in the AT tab for purchase.

I was wrong about the Wespe and Hummel; they are available in '43, 13.03.43 and 08.04.43 respectively.
Nope. Both StuH42 and StuG IV can only be bought in their own "original" tab - artillery for the StuH, AT for the StuG IV - unless you use cheats.

You can easily check this out by picking the Italy/Kursk '43 campaign starts. You will find the StuH 42 avaiable in the artillery tab, but not in the AT tab.

adiekmann
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
Posts: 845
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:47 am

Re: few 42 questions

Post by adiekmann » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:34 am

Magni wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:27 pm
adiekmann wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:30 am
That's not true. I just checked to make sure. Both the StuH 42 and the StuG IV are switchable and can be bought as artillery and AT. The StuG IV, however, is not available until 28.12.43. Use the cheat code "cheat AllEqp" and you can see for yourself. They both do appear in the AT tab for purchase.

I was wrong about the Wespe and Hummel; they are available in '43, 13.03.43 and 08.04.43 respectively.
Nope. Both StuH42 and StuG IV can only be bought in their own "original" tab - artillery for the StuH, AT for the StuG IV - unless you use cheats.

You can easily check this out by picking the Italy/Kursk '43 campaign starts. You will find the StuH 42 avaiable in the artillery tab, but not in the AT tab.

Ah...I see. Thanks. That's strange then and too bad. I do remember it was that way in PC and I thought that was wrong. You can't check the StuG IV because it isn't available yet until nearly the end of '43, but I am now going to trust that you are going to be correct about that unit too. It is switchable to be sure, but probably can only be bought as an AT. I think you should be able to buy them either way, or at least choose which mode you want to deploy it as.

Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”