Having a blast with Spanish Civil War!

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Having a blast with Spanish Civil War!

Post by Andy2012 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:17 am

Kerensky wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:37 pm
Andy2012 wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:02 pm
But I do miss the firepower of my Panther Gs and HS 129s one-shotting Shermans.
Why would you expect that from Spanish Civil War era equipment...? :shock:
I wasnt expecting Panthers and other heavy equipment. But having tanks that do at most 2-4 damage on infantry in open terrain and biplanes that just scratch Russian counterparts even with full surround mass attack feels like I am doing things wrong. Which I am not.

Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:21 am

KesaAnna wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:33 am

So , basically , for me , SCW is Christmas in July. :D
Well, happy holidays then. :D

I never said that this is bad, a lot of thought and love went into this. The comedown from flattening my enemies with Sturmtigers and assault engineers to paper planes and Panzer I is just pretty hard for me. Feels like switching from straight vodka to root beer.

BaronVonWalrus
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by BaronVonWalrus » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:03 pm

Kerensky wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:21 am
nexusno2000 wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:46 am
Infinite spawns - and infinite prestige to repair both.
It's strange how the perception of the AI having infinite prestige comes to be. AI has near 0 prestige, with always 0 to start and only a per turn income of about 100 or 200.

Compare that to the tens of thousands of prestige put at the players disposal, and still people manage to run out somehow... :?

I get it that the AI is all about not preserving their units as the player chops down legion after legion of units, but is that not the core gameplay of Panzer Corps? It's all about destroying hordes of enemy units, for the most part.

I enjoy a shooting war much more than a moving units war personally. I dunno, but I do have some ideas for mixing up the enemy in future DLC that doesn't involve just packing on the pounds. A Grand Campaign environment is so long, just packing more fodder into mission after mission is certainly going to be tiresome, which is why we so badly need to inject as much variety into the scenario designs of the new Axis Operations. So far so good, but it's clear from people who like, and also dislike, large mega battle scenarios that these missions need to remain the exception, not the rule. 1 or 2 per 16 scenario DLC? I think that expectation for 'bigger battles' needs to be fulfilled at this very minimum. :!:
I personally like the challenge of huge enemy forces, as long as there's some hope that they can be held back and eventually bled white (via sensible defence, tactical withdrawals and counter attacks). Having to just soak it up endlessly with no other goal than to survive for xxx turns whilst the enemy force never thins out isn't fun. E.g. Bagration in the main campaign - seemingly endless enemy hordes but there was a limit to their strength and a huge sense of gaming achievement from bleeding them out and then pushing back in the last couple of turns.

Still, large numbers of units in play does limit tactical flexibility and manuever.

lightinfa
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by lightinfa » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:20 pm

Only 3 scenarios in but also having a blast with this DLC. Love getting to play around with so much early war stuff that usually goes obsolete so quickly (CR.32 is one of my favorite planes) especially in the beautiful camo schemes that were added for the SCW. If this is the standard for future Axis Operations I'm incredibly excited for what this new grand campaign is going to become. I will say It's going to be funny when my core rolls into Czechoslovakia armed to the teeth with T-26s and BT-5s

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”