AO 1939 scn tree is VERY controversial

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

kondi754
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Re: AO 1939 scn tree is VERY controversial

Post by kondi754 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:48 pm

Simonas wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:32 pm
You guys are really boring or your life is boring, if you are looking problems in such area.

Or maybe we just think it is interesting and important to write about it

o_t_d_x
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by o_t_d_x » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:12 pm

Now that i have finished the missions ag. france and poland, i have to admit, that the french missions haben been better. The french hardware challenged me much more of course, it was a strange feeling to have strong enemys first and then weaker ones. Normally its the other direction. That doesnt mean, that poland wasnt good.

So much useless talk, IF the editor would be, what it should be, everybody could change what he doesnt like. Personally i would include more poland maps and the choice if the player wants the saar off. or poland from the beginning.

Simonas
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Simonas » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:19 pm

kondi754 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:48 pm
Simonas wrote:
You guys are really boring or your life is boring, if you are looking problems in such area.

Why important? How? Anyway its only a game and nobody forces you to play, if you dont like samething. In these days every game gets such people which are always unhappy with samething.

RandomAttack
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by RandomAttack » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:17 pm

Kerensky wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:35 pm
RandomAttack wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:35 pm

Ditto. These first two DLCs seem almost like "throw-aways" to me. A good excuse to play with a bunch of new features like mines, allies, etc., at the expense of typical timeframes. All very clever actually. Can you imagine the outcry if, say, allies had been implemented in a 1940 DLC and messed up that campaign? Visions of say the Belgians attacking towards Norway or something. I am curious to know how many people actually purchased the first DLC-- not counting those of us that got it by virtue of having the FM edition. If a choice, I would not have purchased either of these. Since I have them, I played through SCW once (that was more than enough) and will play through 1939 (probably also once). The REAL ramification is that I will now be VERY cautious of additional DLC. I will now wait until some time passes and have a feel as to whether it's worth my $$, rather than just buying it first-day. They rate we're going, pretty sure I'll pass on some of them.
Eh, while I'm perfectly fine to for everyone in this thread to have very interesting discussions (harsh criticisms included), I have to correct this statement because I don't want misinformation to spread. :evil:

There is no 'throwaway' content. Everything is crafted with a ridiculous amount of care, and goes through many layers of inspection and internal iteration before it's presented for the players to enjoy. If Flashback was really going to produce throwaway content, you think they would have signed off on creating a Grand Campaign level of content? There is so much extra work involved in the 'under the hood' systems required to link campaigns together way above and beyond anything players see in the scenario gameplay experience.
Kerensky, I meant no personal offense. I'm sure everyone is working diligently, but I stand by what I said as far as what it "feels" like. Whether folks like it or not, trying to portray the SCW as this *major* influencer on WW2 is at best arguable. It would be a FINE subject for DLC, later, as an excursion. But importing a SCW core into the main campaign? Anywho, the truly important point is how this will impact marketing. Yeah, you've got a dozen or so rabidly supportive fans of this direction on this forum-- and I'm happy for them. But how is this going to impact SALES. How many have you actually SOLD (outside of FM edition)? How are these first two entries going to impact sales of the later more "mainstream" (hopefully) DLCs? As I said, I for one am going to wait a bit on future DLCs to see just exactly what is in them. And please don't just say "they are selling well", as that effectively means nothing. I know I won't get a number-- but YOU know the number...

I consider myself a pretty mainstream player, and I don't play 6 hours a day 5 days a week. But I do play frequently, and I prefer significant battles-- of which there are DOZENS that PC have not explored, so it's not like there's a shortage or something. Hell, you could do an entire DLC on each of the AGN/AGC/AGS lines. For all the folks that say "use the editor if you don't like it": YOU use the editor if all you want are little raid scenarios or you want to explore capturing a crystal factory near Prague with like two units. Oh the humanity! :) Personally, I want MEANINGFUL battles.

terminator
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by terminator » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:22 pm

o_t_d_x wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:12 pm
So much useless talk, IF the editor would be, what it should be, everybody could change what he doesnt like. Personally i would include more poland maps and the choice if the player wants the saar off. or poland from the beginning.
Campaigns have already been created with the Editor: viewtopic.php?f=597&t=100785

kondi754

Post by kondi754 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:29 pm

Simonas wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:19 pm
kondi754 wrote:
Simonas wrote:

Why important? How? Anyway its only a game and nobody forces you to play, if you dont like samething. In these days every game gets such people which are always unhappy with samething.
If you post such wisdom, it is best to not write anything
Read some posts on the forum, then you will be able to write something that is at least a bit related to reality

To others: We will see what you will write in a year or 2 years, because all the indications show that you can really be anywhere in the summer of 1943 - in Yugoslavia or Norway or beyond the Arctic Circle but not near Kursk :wink:

Simonas
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Simonas » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:20 pm

kondi754 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:29 pm
Simonas wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:19 pm
kondi754 wrote:

If you post such wisdom, it is best to not write anything
Read some posts on the forum, then you will be able to write something that is at least a bit related to reality
So, you cant answer my question - you insult my wisdom. Okey. Looks like you have only big empty talks nothing more. Do you think going to achieve here anything? Nothing, only fool yourself with these ,,controversial'' things. The hero :lol:

kondi754

Post by kondi754 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:38 pm

I don't see the need to talk to you
You write false things and insinuate, and believe me, I haven't even started to insult you yet, but when I start, don't cry boy

EDIT. Anyway, the sales results will be the verification of the correctness of the policy chosen by the game developers and other creators. I don't like it and won't play it anymore.
You're right, discussion is pointless because it won't change anything anyway.
So this is my last post in the PzC2 forum, I'm going back to "my" games because it's not "my" game anymore

Retributarr
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Retributarr » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:01 pm

"Hasta La Vista!!!"

kondi754

Post by kondi754 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:11 pm

Retributarr wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:01 pm
"Hasta La Vista!!!"
Thanks for your kind words as always, Retributar
It only reassured me that this is not the place for me :)

I have suggestions for you, establish a PzC2 Church and become its chief priest, or preferably declare yourself pope right away

Mikaba
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Mikaba » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:38 pm

I have read those prior posts for days now and do not get it. What is wrong to do something what is a bit apart from mainstream? I have enjoyed the SCW battles and I am now enjoying the battles around the Saar. It might be not completely right, seen from historical perspective, but does it count if it is enjoying ? I understand that not all can enjoy it that way, expecting more the main and huge battles. But remember, we are just starting in 1939. The main battles will follow later. @ Kerensky: I am right?
Since I had the first battle in Spain in PG2 I was eager to play it again, looking for some mods in PC1. Now I got it and it was a good feeling when I took over my core to 1939. Of course knowing this core will be developing throughout this dlc and maybe I will not use my prototype tanks any longer. And yes, I am up now to change them against new core units. What is the issue if there might be enough dlcs coming and bringing up the classical battles together with some new - like Forbach which i have started this morning, really.enjoying the mechanics of how it could bring up 3rd and 4th army against each other?
Working at a publishing house I know about the needles of good sales numbers of course and I think it could be a good idea to talk about the plans for future dlcs and the expectations. If I remember right, there is a special threat about it in the forum.
@ Kerensky again, would it be possible to just give some ideas about the next dlcs? Maybe this helps to make also the mainstream players getting a hint of what is coming next.
As turnbased games are a niche only nowadays I am really wondering why there is not more constructive support here. So I am asking the question of questions: Who is enjoying the so far dlcs? And who would buy propably the next ones?

Mikaba

Post by Mikaba » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:38 pm

Next to me? :lol:

Mikaba

Post by Mikaba » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:39 pm

Cause I definitely will...

nexusno2000
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by nexusno2000 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:48 pm

I enjoy 1939.

I really appreciate the French and Finish scenarios. Especially the French ones. Really fresh, really fun.

The inclusion of a non-violent entry point gets a HUGE thumbs down, but is not a deal breaker.

Denmark...meh, but ok.

The lack of Polish scenarios is, however, not cool. It's not what I expected going in, and the other goodness can't quite compensate.

I really wish there were some more Polish scenarios in there, with some additional branches. That would be perfect.

As it stands, it's pretty good and I will play the DLC again soon, I think.
Green Knight
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenKnight2001

Simonas
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Simonas » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:59 pm

kondi754 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:38 pm
You write false things and insinuate...
What i did write? What false things? Where? :roll:
kondi754 wrote:
I haven't even started to insult you yet, but when I start, don't cry boy
Now im really scary. :mrgreen:
kondi754 wrote:
EDIT. Anyway, the sales results will be the verification of the correctness of the policy chosen by the game developers and other creators. I don't like it and won't play it anymore.
Im going to use one sentence from one guy in first page:

"GaMe sucKs, MWahaHAA I wilL IgnOre yoU and go PlaY DiffeREnt GaMes, LOok at How P0werFUl I Am! :lol:

You just proved your posture/attitude
kondi754 wrote:
So this is my last post in the PzC2 forum, I'm going back to "my" games because it's not "my" game anymore
Just dont forget your promise, but if you do so- this going only to prove that you have only big empty talks. I will remember this to you with my pleasure. :P

Anyway, I just asked simple question. Oh well :roll:

Have a nice day and my wisdom ends here :lol:

Retributarr

Post by Retributarr » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:00 pm

"Count Me In!!!"…

I am hoping that in addition to the "regular-fare" of the 'Basic Campaign Episodes'... that we could also be treated for some-more of the 'not-so-regular' conflict involvements that had a direct or indirect development or impact on the Major-Campaigns!.

Patrat
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Patrat » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:04 pm

kondi754 wrote:
Isn't that a bit rash? Even though I disagree with your opinion of the DLC, you have been a valuable member of this community and if you leave your input will be missed.

Nobody should think less of you if you reconsider and stay.

PS. I myself have in the past been involved in much more heated discussions in other forums. And I've learned its usually best not to post things in the heat of the moment, so to speak.
This breaking news just in,,,,
Generalissimo Francisco Franco,,,, Is Still Dead!

Here's a follow up to that story,,,,
Generalissimo Francisco Franco is valiantly struggling to remain dead!
(Chevy Chase SNL Weekend Update 1975)

Patrat
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Patrat » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:13 pm

Mikaba wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:38 pm
So I am asking the question of questions: Who is enjoying the so far dlcs? And who would buy propably the next ones?
I'll certainly buy all the DLCs. They are what, about 15 dollars apiece, spread over at least a couple of years. Heck my old lady and I had my sister and her husband over yesterday and I spent over 60 dollars on pizza and cannoli. Lol
Last edited by Patrat on Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This breaking news just in,,,,
Generalissimo Francisco Franco,,,, Is Still Dead!

Here's a follow up to that story,,,,
Generalissimo Francisco Franco is valiantly struggling to remain dead!
(Chevy Chase SNL Weekend Update 1975)

Simonas
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Simonas » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:14 pm

Mikaba wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:38 pm
Who is enjoying the so far dlcs? And who would buy propably the next ones?
I do.

Played spanish DLC - i really liked this small spanish campaign and interesting idea about AI controlled forces. Its samething new.

DLC 1939 - also is interesting. Non-violent entry is samething different and more unique in his own way. Not copy paste.

And i would agree with people who wants more Polish scenarios. I really love early days/months of war in the Poland and France.

kondi754

Post by kondi754 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:23 pm

Simonas wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:59 pm
kondi754 wrote:
You write false things and insinuate...
What i did write? What false things? Where? :roll:
kondi754 wrote:
I haven't even started to insult you yet, but when I start, don't cry boy
Now im really scary. :mrgreen:
kondi754 wrote:
Im going to use one sentence from one guy in first page:

"GaMe sucKs, MWahaHAA I wilL IgnOre yoU and go PlaY DiffeREnt GaMes, LOok at How P0werFUl I Am! :lol:

You just proved your posture/attitude
kondi754 wrote:
Just dont forget your promise, but if you do so- this going only to prove that you have only big empty talks. I will remember this to you with my pleasure. :P

Anyway, I just asked simple question. Oh well :roll:

Have a nice day and my wisdom ends here :lol:
Who are you to judge me?
With those 30 posts you wrote here, you are just a miserable troll in my eyes who wants to shine in the discussion but has nothing meaningful to say. Nevertheless, you and Retributar made me realize what kind of **** is going on here.
I don't want anything to do with you. BYE

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”