DLC Roadmap

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

gallycadet
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

DLC Roadmap

Post by gallycadet » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:47 am

Just wondering if any kind of DLC roadmap has been released or discussed? Obviously you are preparing yourselves for the 39-45 grand campaigns on the German side, but any plans for an Allied Grand Campaign at some point? I just enjoy playing as the US a lot more, personal thing. If not, I completely understand and will await the inevitable fan campaigns (the Big Red One currently available is highly enjoyable).

KesaAnna
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: DLC Roadmap

Post by KesaAnna » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:52 am

I'm just another player , so these are guesses and opinions.

My guess would be that in another six months the Axis Powers fan base will be obliged to go on hiatus , and sit on their hands for six months.

My opinion is that this is how it should be , so that the Western Powers fan base can get what they paid for.

This is given , mind you , that I am at least one who would have to sit on my hands for six months .

And in my case it is a personal thing , or , an aesthetic thing. I would happily play the French or the Russians , but I will never play the British or the Americans.

For example , as regards the British ; I like the crown cypher , I like the red coats --- that they do not wear into battle , and the only British piece of equipment I right off hand favor was the grossly - out - dated Rolls Royce armored car that put in some appearance in North Afrika.

Otherwise , I don't like their uniforms , I don't like their equipment , and I don't like their iconography.

But , the Western Powers should get their own campaign , and not in ten years , I think.

dalfrede
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by dalfrede » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:40 am

My 'inside' information is that there is not a 'roadmap' released or otherwise.

The publisher is waiting for the reaction to AO39 before making any decisions.

For background:
The main campaign was done by Uran21, and Rudankort.

AO-SCW-39 by Kerensky.
He is working on AO-40, but it takes time to find battles no one else has heard of.
Be prepared for a ten battle Norway campaign followed by a couple of French scenarios.
In case you were not aware, at any given time Germany had more divisions in Norway than they had in Africa.
So it makes sense to have a Norway campaign to match the Africa Corps campaign in PzC1.
https://www.axishistory.com/list-all-ca ... rld-war-ii

Nikivdd who did USCorps for PzC1 has done some minimal posting in the PzC2 forums, but has not made any statements about what he doing.
He has done a lot of unpaid mods for PzC1 so it may not be official DLC work.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:44 am

Wow 10 Norway scenarios. Zone of Destiny indeed!

o_t_d_x
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by o_t_d_x » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:16 pm

Next 4 DLCs norway only. I am fine with that.

Letz call it "norwegian corps: the decisive battles of ww2 !" :mrgreen:

And dont forget the 20 different allied ai´s that are controlled through one order only: "PDSNSWSMPP"
translation: "Please do something non stupid without sucking my precious prestige."

GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:04 pm

No problem for me about which theaters the next dlc will cover, I just hope they come out at a very fast pace, no less than one a month. I have practically already finished AO1939 and I don't like playing the same dlc several times, if too much time passes between one and the other I lose affection and atmosphere of the game ...

KesaAnna

Post by KesaAnna » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:19 am

o_t_d_x wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:16 pm

Letz call it "norwegian corps: the decisive battles of ww2 !" :mrgreen:

And dont forget the 20 different allied ai´s that are controlled through one order only: "PDSNSWSMPP"
translation: "Please do something non stupid without sucking my precious prestige."
That was funny ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
o_t_d_x wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:16 pm
It's an odd thing ; the mountainous terrain of Norway , and then the Caucuses , wasn't exactly my favorite.

But then , in Spain , I elected to go north , to the Basque country.

dalfrede
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by dalfrede » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:16 pm

Imagine Africa Corps where you get to pick Italian or German troops, the other becomes your AI ally.
It would take 25% more time to develop. Getting the two default army's to balance will take the extra effort.
That way one gets a 'new' look at a campaign already covered in PzC1 and in the PzC2 main campaign.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.

adiekmann

Post by adiekmann » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:34 pm

Another poster in another thread made the suggestion of having North Africa DLC where you have a separate core and prestige allotment for Germans and Italians. It would force you to balance your forces and not load up only on German units. Apparently this was done in OOB so I think it wouldn't be unrealistic or too difficult to do for PC2. (However, unlike SCW, you retain complete control of all Italian forces.)

Snake97644
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Snake97644 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:12 pm

I found both of the AO campaigns so far to be very fun and innovative. While I know many people are awaiting the rest of the historical AO line, not to mention the Allied and Soviet campaigns, as I am as well; I would like to suggest to the Kerensky and the other dev a proposal. I would suggest that at some point they could release a "AO alternate" dlc path. I could be two or three installments, and would follow the "what ifs" line many of us enjoy playing, while allowing those that enjoy a strict historical play through the ability to op-out by not purchasing it. I could start after the fall of France, and include as Retributarr suggested before, Operation Felix to start. Given the SCW dlc and the history "the general", Wagner, and Ana Sophia Vega have in Spain it would tie in to the story well. From there the devs could go any where in the plausible realm of the often speculated "what ifs" of history. Yes such a line would be a turn off for many players, but looking at the "what might have been" has always been a part of the PG genre, doing better than history. To me that's the fun and challenge of these games, and as Axis were the losers in the war, they naturally offer the most potential in interesting ahistorical alternatives.

Retributarr
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Retributarr » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:51 pm

Snake97644 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:12 pm
I would like to suggest to the Kerensky and the other dev a proposal. I would suggest that at some point they could release a "AO alternate" dlc path.

I could be two or three installments, and would follow the "what ifs" line many of us enjoy playing, while allowing those that enjoy a strict historical play through the ability to op-out by not purchasing it.

It could start after the fall of France, and include as Retributarr suggested before, Operation Felix to start. Given the SCW dlc and the history "the general", Wagner, and Ana Sophia Vega have in Spain it would tie in to the story well. From there the devs could go any where in the plausible realm of the often speculated "what ifs" of history.

Yes such a line would be a turn off for many players, but looking at the "what might have been" has always been a part of the PG genre, doing better than history. To me that's the fun and challenge of these games, and as Axis were the losers in the war, they naturally offer the most potential in interesting ahistorical alternatives.
"Snake97644"_Wow!!!... "You-Beat-Me-To-It!."

I am now!... and have always been an 'Avid-Fan' of "plausible-realistic alternate-history outcomes". As I have 'Never-Believed' that one and only one outcome is the only final-course or inevitable result!. So!... now I say... for those who prefer to keep spinning their tires in the sand... forever going 'no-where new'... not achieving any other different final result... but are instead... determined steadfast die-hards at endlessly wanting to repeat the same droll-repetitive result or conclusion every-time... over and over and over again... let them have at it... they deserve it... better them than me!.

For them [The Drollerites]… the 'A-La-Basic-"Ordinaire"-Retread-WWII-Package'... is recommended for them and the only way for them to go!... with 'Nothing-New' included!!!.

Yes!... let these/those 'Drollerites' keep on gorging themselves with the same old 'Cookie-Cutter' pastry untill they are sickened by it... while some of us adventurous others... strike out to explore new frontiers... to try to "Go-Where-No-One-Has-Gone-Before!'... to experiment with a whole spider-web of new ideas and formulations.

Alternate-History-Example: I really believe that for example... that "Napoleone" 'could -have!'... 'should-have!' 'Won' at... 'The Battle Of Waterloo'... especially... if 'Grouchy with one third of Napoleone's Grande-Armee' had not been futility floundering about aimlessly walking everywhere through deep mud... trying to locate and destroy Blucher's Army-Group!.

Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Andy2012 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:18 am

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:04 pm
No problem for me about which theaters the next dlc will cover, I just hope they come out at a very fast pace, no less than one a month. I have practically already finished AO1939 and I don't like playing the same dlc several times, if too much time passes between one and the other I lose affection and atmosphere of the game ...
Well, I heard OoB releases a new DLC soon. So... :wink:

Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:29 am

Kerensky wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:44 am
As long as it is fun, why not. :D
BTW, while SCW annoyed me a lot at times (bugs, AI allies) and forced me to cheat to get through it, AO 1939 is fine and I am having a lot of fun.

For me, this kind of proves my notion that mission design, writing and research for SCW was excellent, but the AI cannot do what you want it to do to make this fun. As soon as I relinquish control, every mission goes belly up. Interestingly, Battle of the Ebro and Saarbrücken showed very similar AI behavior: Odd posturing, piecemeal attacks over rivers. Seems the AI cannot do assault crossings well. In Saarbrücken, this was no problem since I was defending and had full control. Also, my prestige management is working again and I am no longer bankrupted by the AI all the time.
Summed up: If possible, do a minor revision of SCW with separate prestige pools, make my italian troops permanent for this DLC (no rebuying every mission) and maybe shrink AI forces and give me some of them as aux troops each mission. As I said, mission design ideas and briefings, research etc is excellent. AI allies just break the balance. Remove this or tone this down and you get an excellent dlc like AO 1939.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:07 pm

Panzer Corps 2 hasn't really explored full modding potential yet. Anything is possible. :)

But if you guys keep hyping yourself up for 10 Norway scenarios, when no official source has ever said anything even close to those lines, you're just setting yourself up for your own disappointment. It was a conscious decision to rip Norway out of 1939 because 1939 is already stuffed with so much (and yet still somehow not enough Poland apparently). That doesn't mean DLC 1940 is going to be 25 scenarios of Norway/France though... that scenario count is outside the realm of DLC territory and it's into Expansion Pack sized content.

And that's not what the Axis Operations are. Believe it or not, we're trying to keep them as reasonably priced as possible. Because if we don't... it's gonna be like a $250 package for the full Axis Operations, and people are going to look at that and think we've lost our minds. People were already grumbling over the 10 pieces of original Grand Campaign costing more than the base Panzer Corps game, and that was only $50.

nexusno2000
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by nexusno2000 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:13 pm

Kerensky... I own plastic miniatures that cost 250 dollars a pop... I don't understand your point :mrgreen:
Green Knight
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenKnight2001

dalfrede
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by dalfrede » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:40 pm

Kerensky wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:07 pm
. . . But if you guys keep hyping yourself up for 10 Norway scenarios, . . .
Should I tell anyone it was a joke. :mrgreen:

Retributarr

Post by Retributarr » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:44 pm

dalfrede wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:40 pm
Kerensky wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:07 pm
. . . But if you guys keep hyping yourself up for 10 Norway scenarios, . . .
Should I tell anyone it was a joke. :mrgreen:
"Fool me once... shame on me!... Fool me twice... shame on you!".

Rhaeg
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rhaeg » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:23 pm

One thing I would really like to know: is it still useful to give opinions and advice for the 1940 AO DLC? I'm sure I'm not the only one who has specific thoughts about what would and would not be good for the 1940 scenarios. However, if everything has already been locked down and decided then we wouldn't need to bother and we might as well give more general suggestions.

o_t_d_x
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by o_t_d_x » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:02 am

Andy2012 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:29 am
Kerensky wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:44 am
As long as it is fun, why not. :D
BTW, while SCW annoyed me a lot at times (bugs, AI allies) and forced me to cheat to get through it, AO 1939 is fine and I am having a lot of fun.
In Saarbrücken, this was no problem since I was defending and had full control. Also, my prestige management is working again and I am no longer bankrupted by the AI all the time.
Summed up: If possible, do aminor revision of SCW with separate prestige pools, make my italian troops permanent for this DLC (no rebuying every mission) and maybe shrink AI forces and give me some of them as aux troops each mission. As I said, mission design ideas and briefings, research etc is excellent. AI allies just break the balance. Remove this or tone this down and you get an excellent dlc like AO 1939.
I fully support that idea. Spain could be great, even better then AO39.

Vorskl
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Vorskl » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:22 pm

We need new unheard/unpopular battles, not 10 Norway scenarios.
Like the largest ever tank battle was 1941 Dubno (or Brody in English sources) but noone heard about it because Prokhorovka got all the PR to cover for stupid decisions of general Rotmistrov.
Or did you know there was a full-size auto bridge just north of Kiev? You wont find it now - the area was flooded in 1960 when a dam was built. But that bridge could have allowed Germans to encircle Soviet even easier than that occurred in reality. Hence Soviet deployed a lot of River boats and everyone's favorite Il-2 in continuous efforts to destroy it.
Or 'Tallinn' escape of the Baltic Fleet from Tallinn to Leningrad?
Or actually successful raids of Soviet cavalry in German rearguard during the battle of Moscow?

So there are many interesting locations/ideas/actions beyond making a scenario for every single Norwegian pine.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”