Panzer Corps 2 - v1.1.21 Update

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Panzer Corps 2 - v1.1.21 Update

Post by Edmon »

We have made a number of fixes thanks to your feedback on Axis Operations: 1941. Some of these fixes resolve crashes that some players were facing, so we have rolled these fixes out to you as quickly as possible in a hotfix.

We hope you continue to enjoy Axis Operations: 1941.

1.1.21 hotfix change log:

========================
- Fixed random crash when selecting enemy units.
- Fixed the crash when loading a scenario into the Editor.
- Fixed "stack overflow" crash at the end of some scenarios.
- Fixed achievement triggering when finishing Axis Operations 1941 campaign.
- Fixed DLC display in the main menu sometimes showing the wrong status.
- Fixed incorrect merging of Units.csv and Rules.json files from mods.
- Fixed "Terrain Expert" player trait making units immune to retreat.
- Added options to disable showing move zone and combat predictions for enemy units.
- Added some of the missing player traits so they show up in random maps.
- Fixed some localization issues.
- The "Auxiliary Force" player trait now gives extra slots in the case where pre-deployed auxiliary units occupy some of the slots provided by this trait.
- Fixed importing units with default entrenchment level from Panzer Corps 1 scenarios.
asuser
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - v1.1.21 Update

Post by asuser »

Thank you for the latest patch. I also checked out the editor hotfix part right away, it is also in there.

It would be nice if there could be a dedicated thread where the developers could show the changes planned for the next patch. Mr. Rudankort probably would said the "To Do List".

This could be helpful for the modders who are currently working on scenarios and campaigns where the latest patch could affect them.
OldFocker
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by OldFocker »

.21 has made no difference to the Editor issue. When selecting 'play' I still get -

This program can't start because api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l2-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.

The game then proceeds to start a regular game with no input from me.

How many times do I have to re-install this program??? The updates are not patches but the entire program!!!
R2G2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by R2G2 »

AI units don't follow Move commands while air embarked. I think this changed with one of the recent updates. Was that intentional?
eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame »

OldFocker wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:06 pm How many times do I have to re-install this program??? The updates are not patches but the entire program!!!
Sadly, I don't look forward to 'updates' for this great game & Fantasy General II; due to the time spent downloading & installing.
Even though I have the Steam versions (which offer quick updates), I prefer my Slitherine versions.
I had it explained to me that the Slitherine version's updates contain more than just the update itself...for some reason.
Fortunately one does not have to redownload all the DLCs, as just one includes all of them if it is listed as 'Multi DLC Installer
PanzerCorps2-MultiDLCSetup'
That saves a hell of a lot of GBs. :)
asuser

Post by asuser »

R2G2 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:56 pm AI units don't follow Move commands while air embarked. I think this changed with one of the recent updates. Was that intentional?
For the paratrooper activities it is important how this is set in the editor. I only found out by trying:

1. Disembark (hexfield coordinates)
2. Move (target coordinates after landing)
3. Other functions
R2G2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by R2G2 »

asuser wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:27 am
R2G2 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:56 pm AI units don't follow Move commands while air embarked. I think this changed with one of the recent updates. Was that intentional?
For the paratrooper activities it is important how this is set in the editor. I only found out by trying:

1. Disembark (hexfield coordinates)
2. Move (target coordinates after landing)
3. Other functions
I think we might be discussing move orders at different points in the AI script. Just to clarify, have you been able to make the AI move in a specific flight path while embarked in their air transport? I can do this with landing craft and trains, but I can't get it to work with air transports. Thanks.
asuser

Post by asuser »

No, that's not how the air force transport control works. The order in which the commands are given is important. The editor only accepts one Disembark target coordinate. That means, you can fly over the whole map, with one or more steps (without setting the route, with more or less on a straight line) but only with a single command.

If a Move action is set before the Disembark function, this leads to implausible play behavior of the transported unit. That's my experiences...
R2G2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by R2G2 »

asuser wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:33 pm No, that's not how the air force transport control works. The order in which the commands are given is important. The editor only accepts one Disembark target coordinate. That means, you can fly over the whole map, with one or more steps (without setting the route, with more or less on a straight line) but only with a single command.

If a Move action is set before the Disembark function, this leads to implausible play behavior of the transported unit. That's my experiences...
Thanks for confirming. It's the same with my experiences. It'd be nice though to have the same control with AI air transport movement like we have with AI landing craft.
Figarella
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - v1.1.21 Update HELP

Post by Figarella »

So I've reinstalled vc_redist.x64 more times than I care to remember, but I just can't get the 1.1.21 to run

The 1.1.15 does with no problem.

I've been downloading from Steam.

Would anyone recommend buying the game again from Slitherine and seeing if it installs from the beginning?

'Not-thrilled in Nashua'

LuF
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Where is the 1.1.21 download anyway? I'm currently 1.1.20 and when I go to My Page > Downloads to get 1.1.21 it's not there!
jeannot le lapin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by jeannot le lapin »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:14 pm Where is the 1.1.21 download anyway? I'm currently 1.1.20 and when I go to My Page > Downloads to get 1.1.21 it's not there!
Same for me, I only have [PC] Update v1.01.20 on MY PAGE.
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:14 pm Where is the 1.1.21 download anyway? I'm currently 1.1.20 and when I go to My Page > Downloads to get 1.1.21 it's not there!
https://www.slitherine.com/game/panzer-corps-2
It's on the stores web page where you don't have to log in to download.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

dalfrede wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:32 pm https://www.slitherine.com/game/panzer-corps-2

No, i still can't find a button that says 'download 1.1.21'
Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Edmon »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:34 pm
dalfrede wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:32 pm https://www.slitherine.com/game/panzer-corps-2

No, i still can't find a button that says 'download 1.1.21'
We are looking into this.
dalfrede

Post by dalfrede »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:34 pm No, i still can't find a button that says 'download 1.1.21'
It's not a button, it's a link, click on the line that says 1.1.21
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

dalfrede wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:46 pm It's not a button, it's a link, click on the line that says 1.1.21
Thanks, I found it
jeannot le lapin

Post by jeannot le lapin »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:01 am
dalfrede wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:46 pm It's not a button, it's a link, click on the line that says 1.1.21
Thanks, I found it
The release date for [PC] Update v1.01.21 is wrong: Date Mar 29, 2020 :shock:
msharcourt
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by msharcourt »

Per your advice in a forum reply, Edmon, I reported a bug to support @ slitherine.co.uk related to a failed Steam achievement trigger when using "runany Victory 0" in the final scenario of the DLC AO 1941 campaign. I received a reply from a helpdesk person who wrote in part "...where you are having problems with an achievement or a gameplay issue, then unfortunately on the helpdesk we do not know enough about the specifics of the games to advise on these. So please can you ask the question in the forum below where the community can advise on this and if not then the developers monitor the forums so will be able to advise: viewforum.php?f=464". Consequently per the email reply, I am repeating the information here that you advised me to send via email to support @ slitherine.co.uk.

While playing the final Kiln scenario in the DLC AO 1941 campaign on a PC on Steam, no Achievements triggered when I toggled the Chat window on Turn 10 and entered "runany Victory 0" after no Soviet units remained. Per a detail about Hot fix 1.1.21, one of the issues fixed indicated: "- Fixed achievement triggering when finishing Axis Operations 1941 campaign." By loading the Turn 10 save and clicking on the end turn all the way through past Turn 15 without toggling the Chat window, Steam Achievements triggered. In the past, when I have toggled the Chat window and entered "runany Victory 0", Steam achievements would trigger. Is this new behavior introduced by Hot fix 1.1.21, or is it a bug, or is it a consequence of the a design decision that "runany Victory 0" is meant to load the next campaign (which has no link currently since AO 1941 East is the last in the current DLC series) after exporting the core file? Thanks. I really enjoy playing PC2.
Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Edmon »

msharcourt wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:06 pm Per your advice in a forum reply, Edmon, I reported a bug to support @ slitherine.co.uk related to a failed Steam achievement trigger when using "runany Victory 0" in the final scenario of the DLC AO 1941 campaign. I received a reply from a helpdesk person who wrote in part "...where you are having problems with an achievement or a gameplay issue, then unfortunately on the helpdesk we do not know enough about the specifics of the games to advise on these. So please can you ask the question in the forum below where the community can advise on this and if not then the developers monitor the forums so will be able to advise: viewforum.php?f=464". Consequently per the email reply, I am repeating the information here that you advised me to send via email to support @ slitherine.co.uk.

While playing the final Kiln scenario in the DLC AO 1941 campaign on a PC on Steam, no Achievements triggered when I toggled the Chat window on Turn 10 and entered "runany Victory 0" after no Soviet units remained. Per a detail about Hot fix 1.1.21, one of the issues fixed indicated: "- Fixed achievement triggering when finishing Axis Operations 1941 campaign." By loading the Turn 10 save and clicking on the end turn all the way through past Turn 15 without toggling the Chat window, Steam Achievements triggered. In the past, when I have toggled the Chat window and entered "runany Victory 0", Steam achievements would trigger. Is this new behavior introduced by Hot fix 1.1.21, or is it a bug, or is it a consequence of the a design decision that "runany Victory 0" is meant to load the next campaign (which has no link currently since AO 1941 East is the last in the current DLC series) after exporting the core file? Thanks. I really enjoy playing PC2.
Thanks for doing this, people who go to these efforts really help us improve the game.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”