ROYAL HUNGARIAN CAMPAING PLAN OFFICAL

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

tothgeri01
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: ROYAL HUNGARIAN CAMPAING PLAN OFFICAL

Post by tothgeri01 »

Hello again mates! :)

Here is a new topic, where I want to add more historcal scenarios: I hope you like it! :) :lol:
(PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEA, PLAN YOU WANT TO TALK, OR DISCUSS ABOUT, JUST DROP A MESSAGE I WILL ANSWER IT VERY LIKELY! :) )

1, "Az Alföldi csata" (1944.10.15) -HISTORICAL
-------------------------------------------------------------
I dont even know how could I leave this mission out from the V 0.1 already :( sorry folks, this battle was the SECOND biggest tank battle after Kursk, it takes place on the Hungarian great plains: The Alföld,
In this mission, you have to defeat the soviet steam roller which is trying to encircle the whole german, and hungarian troops still fihting in Transilvania. But dont worry the Elite german 1st, 23th, and 24th panzer division, with the support of
the famous 503rd Heavy Panzer Battalion are here to assist you to victory, and defend the city of Debrecen called "The east Rome" (Because this is the most cultural centre of the calvinist religion in the east)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

2, Cegléd "Attila-line" (1944.11.04) -HISTORICAL
------------------------------------------------------------------
After you succesfully evacuated the german and the hungaraian troops from Transilvania, the soviet steam roller is advancing to the capital city of Hungary, Budapest. The Arrow cross party had like 2 weeks to construct a new defencive line in Pest megye called "Attila line" which we hope, can slow down the soviets and romanian forces!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

3, Kovel - Partisan Hungting (1943.08.25) -HISTORICAL
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
After the 2nd Army was brutaly overruned, and destroyed, only a few occupation troops remained in the USSR. and that Summer the German operation Citadell has failed! The remaining hungarian forces in the USSR was forced to search for partizans in the Pripyaty forest and swamps. Historically in this year, in summer only the hungarian air forces played active missions on the front. So not much to say here, go find the commies, but be very carefully, they can make some trouble!

4, "Death from Above" / "Nyári szezon" (Summer season") (1944.04.14) -HISTORICAL
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In this mission you CANT deploy ground forces, only Air units are possible, and there will be NO enemy ground forces, you have to destroy only american bombers which are trying to destroy the Hungarian railway stations, Factories, (like the Ganz-Mávag, Csepel Weiss Manfréd, And the Rába in Győr) this map is covering almost all of Hungary. Here you can assist the LEGENDARY 101th Puma squadron!! :) get ready to face them, and defend the country at all cost, even the odds are 1:25, We are hungarians, we dont fear them! (The summer seasons, often called as American season)

5, Subcarpathia (1939.03.15) -HISTORICAL
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After the dissolution of Czechoslovakia, a self governemnt of ukranian subcarpathia declared independence, which the Hungarian government taked as Casus beli to invade the small nation which lived only 24 hour making it on of the world shortest lived country at all, in this mission you have easy job, just advance to reach the 1000 year old borders in the North-East Carpathians, BUT WATCH OUT! There are numerous report thaat the newly formed Sic guards want your head, while advancing in the forest, and the mountains! :) :lol:

And just as always stay safe guys! :) and stay strong in this hard times! See ya later :)
tothgeri01

Post by tothgeri01 »

Hello guys! :)
So after almost every map has been completed, its time for the hardest part in this whole project, (for now, it will be harder as time goes on)
I spend the night with finding the perfect units to expand the hungarian (around 34 piece) unit base... So after all McGuba Panzer corps 1 mod was to my help, such as wikipedia, books)
Now after all I completed a hungarian base with around more then 110 units(!)

In this Pictures i want to show all changes that I want to make inside the game: Be adviced there are many problems for me, for example I need to make somehow new untis, 3D or something whch is chinesse to me :? :|
For example Need a 44M Tas, 44M Tas TD, Toldi páncélvadász, 43M "Lehel" Turán III, 44M Zrínyi I (75mm), 29M Crossley, 29M 80mm Bofors AA gun, Toldi III, He-46, and many more :( Some units can be almost copy from ingame units
for example the "Hungarian" 88mm aa gun is familiar to the hungarian 29M bofors gun, but should have to remove the wheels, and the armor plates, such as 29M Crossley is with the AAC-1937... but have to remove the gun, make the machine gun placed at the middle, and the machine gun next to the driver should be on the left side, a new turret and thats it, For the Toldi Páncélvadász only need a Toldi I chassis and done, I can almost copy it with german Marder IIA, well yes it was a copy too soo :lol: Anyway in the following pictures you will find all the places where I want to clone them to hungarian units as a BASE, later on have to change they,re stat of course :) The (XXX) means its already in the hungarian unit list, the (---) means with the country tag that where do I want to clone from, to add to hungarian... the NEW MODEL means, I have to make somehow a new unit, with full new 3D outlook :( :shock: Then after all the hungarian skin would be critical.... cuz the original skins are non sense in real life history.... and dont forget the Hungarian armored insignia before 1942.... thats still missing from the game :(

And much thanks for R2G2, who helps me with the MODDING, and always in close contact :) thanks mate!
Last edited by tothgeri01 on Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tothgeri01

Post by tothgeri01 »

infantry.png
infantry.png (21.2 KiB) Viewed 2853 times
tanks.png
tanks.png (24.63 KiB) Viewed 2853 times
recon.png
recon.png (5.91 KiB) Viewed 2853 times
tothgeri01

Post by tothgeri01 »

antitank.png
antitank.png (16.75 KiB) Viewed 2852 times
antiair.png
antiair.png (3.75 KiB) Viewed 2852 times
fighter.png
fighter.png (12.38 KiB) Viewed 2852 times
tothgeri01

Post by tothgeri01 »

tact.png
tact.png (8.61 KiB) Viewed 2854 times
strat.png
strat.png (7.79 KiB) Viewed 2854 times
transport.png
transport.png (12.39 KiB) Viewed 2854 times
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Hi,
tothgeri01 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:20 am and dont forget the Hungarian armored insignia before 1942.... thats steel missing from the game
I guess you also need the triangle shaped tricolour aircraft marking for 1938-41.

tothgeri01 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:20 am Be adviced there are many problems for me, for example I need to make somehow new untis, 3D or something whch is chinesse to me
I agree that adding correct 3D units to this game is the biggest obstacle for modders. Unless you find someone who could help I guess you need to learn how to create 3D models with some program and then how to add them to the game. Ideally in the same quality as the vanilla models so that they would not stand out when being placed next to those. Unfortunately I have no such skills so I cannot provide any help in this. Creating the missing units in 2D for PzC1 took me quite a lot of time and effort and I guess it is even more difficult and time consuming to do it in 3D.

For example Need a 44M Tas, 44M Tas TD, Toldi páncélvadász, 43M "Lehel" Turán III, 44M Zrínyi I (75mm), 29M Crossley, 29M 80mm Bofors AA gun, Toldi III, He-46, and many more :( Some units can be almost copy from ingame units

for example the "Hungarian" 88mm aa gun is familiar to the hungarian 29M bofors gun, but should have to remove the wheels, and the armor plates
I am not sure if you can edit the existing 3D models of the game as you describe it here. Have you tried to locate the necessary files and to export the models to a format that you can use in a 3D editor? Is it possible at all to do so? If not, do you have a plan B like trying to make the mod without these added units?

By the way, I think some of the units from the list may be unnecessary like the 29M Crossley of which only 2 were made or the Fiat 3000B (5 examples), moreso that I only found indirect information about their combat use in the Hungarian army in 1939. Recently I found out that the Fiat 3000B tanks were most likely not used in actual combat and the combat use of the 29M Crossley is also in doubt. Therefore I plan to remove these from the next version of the Turan mod and probably will only continue to use them in the tutorial (training) campaign.

I would also argue if it is necessary to add some or most of those "rare" and "very rare" units, many of which were only prototypes in reality or only existed on the drawing board. Although it would be nice to have them, too many of these may turn the campaign to a fantasy game which may not what you want to achieve.

However, the missing artillery tractors would be a must and so would be the various field guns (which you did not list for some reason). As far as I know the various WW1-era artillery guns are not present in the vanilla game so these would need to be added by all means as they made up the bulk of the Hungarian and other minor nation equipment.

And if we are here, what about the missing unique units of the other nations like Yugoslavia, Romania, Slovakia and USSR. Do you have all of these that is necessary for the campaign? I mean like the various Soviet artillery tractors, WW1 artillery guns used by the other nations, aircraft, etc.?
ImageImage
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36969
tothgeri01

Post by tothgeri01 »

Dear McGuba thank your posting! :)

First of all, yes i have made the artillerys too :) just as I see... I forget to add to the topic.
Then of course I have to make the slovakian, yugoslvanian, romanian, and ussr units too of course :)
They will be much easier than the hungarians, for example in the romanian base, we can almost find everything... In the slovkian the biggest problems is the airplanes, and the Hlavna Guards...
Then yes, the main problem would be the heavy tractors, I thought there was at least 1 units ingame but sadly no :( ....
And the last thing: The prototypes... I know I want to make a realistic game, of course! but I still want to make a very open "anything can happen" game if the player dont want a historical way, if he just want to play for fun,
or play with the idea of: "what if"... so I also want to make them a clear way to have fun all in all. So i want to add the Tas, Turán, Zrínyi, Szebeny and many more units, even if they lived on paper... RMI-8 for example or WM-23 "Ezüst Nyíl"
But we are still talking sadly.... I tried only once to put any unit ingame, but its doesn,t want to work, so I have to go to the forums and spend a lot of time there I guess. It will be hard to just put a clone of them in to the Units.csv for me :?
Attachments
artillery.png
artillery.png (11.45 KiB) Viewed 2818 times
Snake97644
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Snake97644 »

Is this campaign still happening? It looked promising, I hope you all can make it happen. Also maybe the thread should be moved to the custom campaign section
BR4ZIL
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BR4ZIL »

May i sugest you port your maps into Panzer Corps 1? You already did the hardest part, the remaining steps with the units are all pretty much already done in the PC1's modding community, theres alot of very complete hungarian rosters there.

We have multiple equipment files with all the units ready to be used (including McGuba's own equipment files and graphics). You can also easily mix and match any units that are used in other unit packs to fill in any gaps.

Sadly this lack of usability on adding new units is one of the main things holding PC2's modding scene back, i wish the devs would allow for a mod-friendly install of the game where unit models and textures were easily avaiable for edit, but alas... they are all locked behind unreal engine asset files.
tothgeri01

Post by tothgeri01 »

Not abandoned it, just need some help! :( :D
Attachments
1_mwXHpdt6CTQHxH78dwc6NA.jpeg
1_mwXHpdt6CTQHxH78dwc6NA.jpeg (111.94 KiB) Viewed 2328 times
tothgeri01

Post by tothgeri01 »

Hey guys!

The first 13 map has been updated since it had some problems :)
And I just wanted to ask you guys about my dilemma... :o

When making the maps, i always like to make it perfect, and the names too, so when giving them "strings" I still dont know that I should write it down in Hungarian or English? :idea: like its kinda difficult since i created "Hunglish" :lol: :roll: for example like the airfield are: "REPTÉR" nor [city name, + AIRFIELDS like "Budapesti reptér" - Budapest airfield] then the rivers, facilities, bridges, The sea, fortification line, borders, swamps etc, made problems for me. some of them was in hungarian, and some of them in English
Then i decided to make two version of the mod later on. One in hungarian and one in english language. (or german, russian too if someone will translate it :D )
Then the conflict about how to name the citys! (outside the Carpathian basin its easy.... ukrainian, russian city names etc) but inside the basin its kinda hard which name to use since it has many.... in german, hungarian, romanian, serbian, slovakian,
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (31.28 KiB) Viewed 2198 times
jeannot le lapin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by jeannot le lapin »

First in English...
tothgeri01

Post by tothgeri01 »

Hey Guys! :D

Just a short information!
This summer I was lucky enough to visit my cousin,s in Kolozsvár/Cluj-Napoca :D
Soo just wanna write you some short info that if you visit this region, you MUST visit this beautifull place! :shock: 👀👀
Attachments
must see.png
must see.png (617.72 KiB) Viewed 2149 times
scorehouse
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by scorehouse »

all I can say is WOW!! look forward to playing it!!!!
tothgeri01

Post by tothgeri01 »

Cake time! :D :) 🎂🎉🥳
Was a hard and long way, but I made it! :) was an absolutely great game so far, sadly we dont get any news what happened after we won but nah :D
CANT WAIT FOR NEW RELEASE SLITHERINE! (give me more challenge! 😂 :wink: jk)
Attachments
Achievement.png
Achievement.png (502.17 KiB) Viewed 1841 times
tothgeri01

Post by tothgeri01 »

Hey guys! :D
its nice to write for you again! I just camed back from Cusset, France after a 3 week Erasmus trip and it was awesome!
Anyway I had some time and I worked a lot on the project: I just added a few mission idea (some of them are historical and non-historical) to the tree and now its looks like it would contain a maximum of 46 scenario (!! :lol: )
30 are done, 14 are still in progress and sadly: but 2 of them are completely broken! (those 2 was very advanced, had a lot of stings, special unit names, objectives, briefings etc) and now I cant even open it) I hope they could be fixed again, or else I,ll have to remake them from the begining :roll: I hope it wont happen with the other 44 later on.... :roll:

Anyway introducing you the latest scenario: "Ural Factories" (1944.03.22)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This scenario could be reached by playing the: "winning the war side", for this you have to save the 2. Hungarian army at the Don river then fights your way all along Saratov-Kuybyshev then the way will be cleared for you to take out previously evacuated russian factories near the Ural Mountains but be carefull! they are still in use, and producing armored veichles like crazy :shock: : this map contains the famous: Chelyabinsk Tractor Plant ("Tankograd"), The Jaroslav rubber factory in Ufa, The Zlatoust arms factory and the famous Zis factory, the Ural Automotive Plant near the city of Miass, and the Uralvagonzavod in Yekaterinburg. By raiding and capturing those factories you may end your crusade in the east, BUT after the Red star is gone forever, can we really go home and live in peace, next to our so much trusted "allies" :?: :shock: time will tell....

Anyway thank you for reading this small topic: before ending this: i would like to know if is there someone who could help me later on, making this plan... this idea coming true. because the hardest part is just to begin after making those maps.... :/ :( (only my will, is that i have to carry on this project, i always hated I.T lessons in middle school, and dont know basic things about modding in the world of numbers I always get confused but will try....) Have a nice day Guys! Be safe and take care! :D
tothgeri01

Post by tothgeri01 »

pke4m7pvo3u01.jpg
pke4m7pvo3u01.jpg (968.89 KiB) Viewed 1652 times
world-war-2-map.jpg
world-war-2-map.jpg (177.31 KiB) Viewed 1652 times
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

scorehouse wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:01 pm all I can say is WOW!! look forward to playing it!!!!
I too would look forward to 'Playing-It!'... "as well"... if only 'Slitherine' could get the 'Crashing-Bugs' out of this 'PzC2' Game.

I'm still 'Not' playing 'PzC2' at this time... as I am having severe 'Crashing-Issues' with it... especially after the 1st Scenario of a Campaign is played... the 'Crash' occurs... when the 2nd-Scenario starts to begin??… why is this 'Harrable-Malfunction' happening at all???.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Retributarr wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:10 am
scorehouse wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:01 pm all I can say is WOW!! look forward to playing it!!!!
I too would look forward to 'Playing-It!'... "as well"... if only 'Slitherine' could get the 'Crashing-Bugs' out of this 'PzC2' Game.

I'm still 'Not' playing 'PzC2' at this time... as I am having severe 'Crashing-Issues' with it... especially after the 1st Scenario of a Campaign is played... the 'Crash' occurs... when the 2nd-Scenario starts to begin??… why is this 'Harrable-Malfunction' happening at all???.
Could you share a savegame of the end of the first turn to test ?
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

terminator wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:43 am
Retributarr wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:10 am

Could you share a savegame of the end of the first turn to test ?
I am 'Unable' to do that!. I have my 'Saves' stored on my 'Computer' at...
[I only wish to submit the... LAST TURN.sav at this time for illustrative/demonstrative purposes],... however I am unable to 'Open' it to be able to post it here!. To open it, I am asked... "How do you want to Open this File"_ Look for an app. in the Microsoft Store _ So... Now... which "app" should I choose or alternatively... is there another way to do this?.

My PzC2 'Saved Games' are located at...
Users - RICHARD-PC - OneDrive - Documents - My Games - Panzer Corps 2 - Saves -LAST TURN.sav

I titled it as "LAST TURN"... because I already know that I will next be experiencing a "CRASH!"... so what is the point of naming it otherwise!.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”