Nw Player question on DLC and Main Campaign

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Inishfree
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Nw Player question on DLC and Main Campaign

Post by Inishfree »

I have a question on how the mechanics work with the DLCs and the standard original campaign.
I'm brand new to the game and want to play in a logical order.

I see the standard game comes with a German Campaign, but the DLCs seem to happen earlier timewise.

Do I play the standard game Campaign first? Or if I am getting the whole package do I start with the '36 DLC?

I guess I'm just wondering if I start with the '36 DLC will the game skip the original Poland Campaign or does it incorporate it into the progression?

If the Standard German Campaigned is "tuned" to be a start point, won't it be imbalanced if I go there with a Experienced Strong core from earlier scnearios?

Thanks
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Re: Nw Player question on DLC and Main Campaign

Post by dalfrede »

The standard campaign and the DLCs are independent.
The standard campaign goes from '39 to '45, has a historic path to Berlin, and a non historic path to the USA.
Can be played twice to the end, without replaying a single scenario.

The AO DLCs are a linked campaign running from '36 to '41. It is a work in progress.
You can not transfer your army between the AO campaign and standard campaign. [One can mod the game to transfer but it is not recommended]
Your army in AOSCW can be imported into AO39, AO39 into AO40 . . .

I would recommend playing the standard campaign first, to learn game mechanics.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
Vorskl
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Vorskl »

Inishfree wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:04 pm I have a question on how the mechanics work with the DLCs and the standard original campaign.
I'm brand new to the game and want to play in a logical order.

I see the standard game comes with a German Campaign, but the DLCs seem to happen earlier timewise.

Do I play the standard game Campaign first? Or if I am getting the whole package do I start with the '36 DLC?

I guess I'm just wondering if I start with the '36 DLC will the game skip the original Poland Campaign or does it incorporate it into the progression?

If the Standard German Campaigned is "tuned" to be a start point, won't it be imbalanced if I go there with a Experienced Strong core from earlier scnearios?

Thanks
The reason you want to start from SCW is to 'shop' excellent Soviet arty (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngWHrCe9DwA ) Watch Edmon's other videos as he goes into details of the game mechanics
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

Since you are new to the game (and I am guessing the series?), I also would suggest the vanilla campaign before the DLCs. There is more complexity involved in the DLCs for the new player. That's not to say it's a bad thing; in fact it is not. But I think it would be a steeper learning curve if you began with the Spanish Civil War.
Inishfree

Post by Inishfree »

Thanks for the newbie help.
I am brand new to Panzer Corp but I am an old PG2 veteran.
I played that so much I had the first 5-6 scenarios memorized.

I'll start off with the standard campaign and worry about the DLCs later.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”