The Official 'Bring Wagner Back' Thread

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

gf85
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: The Official 'Bring Wagner Back' Thread

Post by gf85 »

Kerensky wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:38 pm You want Panzer Corps 2 going to go full on Wolfenstein with Nazi occultists bringing back Hauptmann Wagner? :lol:
I remember you answer a domain squatter post a few month ago and told him not to take the "panzer-cropse" domain name...
Sure you are planning to use it right? :wink:
Bee1976
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Bee1976 »

Kerensky wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:18 am
Bee1976 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:13 am I still wait fpr that Zombie-Tank Camo :twisted: And yes i know operation pink was an aprils fool, but i think the idea of flavor dlcs has potential 8)
I would think some people who have been waiting for Allied campaign content might be pretty annoyed to see flavor DLC arrive before historical Allied content does.

Personally, I would happily see both land in parallel. But then I also don't think there is a such thing as too much content. The more there is, the more choice players have. :mrgreen:
And, of course i can only speak for myself, thats the point. The biggest issue for me are the downtimes on PC2 (and FGII - the Devs there do an amazing job aswell) DLCs. ;)
But yes, of course i can wait...;)

Optional "nice to have"Flavor stuff, would be most welcome for me :D (later maybe ? if not parallel)
euramer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by euramer »

I also wish a better end to our Condor veteran which fell in love when he was abroad like I did. There is a some Lyrics in its adventure, a little bit like the Tristan and Isolde from its namesake. :D
Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

Vorskl wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:43 am Wagner has actually been an NKVD spy. [...]

Attached is his NKVD dossier where he's known as "The Composer"
Hehe, thx for the smile :D
Vorskl
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Vorskl »

Bee1976 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:38 pm
Vorskl wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:43 am Wagner has actually been an NKVD spy. [...]

Attached is his NKVD dossier where he's known as "The Composer"
Hehe, thx for the smile :D
Hey, I managed to logically tie together all scenario inconsistencies!
paragan

Post by paragan »

Death of Wagner reminded me scene from MASH where Lt. Col. Henry Blakes plane was shot down over Sea of Japan while returning back to the U.S. Sad :(
So if there is small possibility that Wagner survived it would be nice (always hoped he will gain iron cross). He was well written and funny character.

PS: for fun - about conspiracy things: there exist book "I odin v pole voin" (Yuri Dold-Mikhaylik) you should translate it as Alone soldier in field where main hero is :
- baron
- spy
- staff officier (in military intelligence, not in army group command)
acts as Heinrich baron von Goldring, but he is his double - soviet captain Grigory Pavlovitch Goncharenko.
Agrastas
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Agrastas »

Bee1976 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:35 pm In english the words are "We have retrieved Stefans body, but the medics do not think he is going to make it"
So he was not dead at that moment. There is still hope!
Indeed, there is no official confirmation that he is dead... he is gonna back in 1942 with sick eyepatch :D
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

...and geeez-louise! He is LONG OVERDUE for a promotion already!! Why is he stuck on Hauptmann? He should have been promoted to Major in AO40 at the latest!
Purlax
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Purlax »

Which idiotic, infantile, misanthropic ass decided to remove Hauptmann Wagner and replace him per Leutnant Gerhard ??? He was the paperclip for the campaign and his story was interesting and well written.
Now this is gone and with it a large part of my interest to play on the game. Besides that: Why had he to go on to the battlefield ? It worked as well after he was dead !! And Leutnant Gerhard is a boring Char whose only advantage is, that
the writer doesn't need to strain his brain for a good story !!!
Rifraff
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Rifraff »

The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.
... Wagner...

Is this maybe some Richard Wagner tribute?

Ride of the Valkyries

Our Wagner,

Riding in a halftrack near Velikiye Luki

Duh da da da Duh da da da Duh duh da da
Last edited by Rifraff on Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scrapulous
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Scrapulous »

Purlax wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:39 am Which idiotic, infantile, misanthropic ass decided to remove Hauptmann Wagner and replace him per Leutnant Gerhard ??? He was the paperclip for the campaign and his story was interesting and well written.
Now this is gone and with it a large part of my interest to play on the game. Besides that: Why had he to go on to the battlefield ? It worked as well after he was dead !! And Leutnant Gerhard is a boring Char whose only advantage is, that
the writer doesn't need to strain his brain for a good story !!!
There are a lot of things in the world worth getting this worked up about. The story in a game is not one of them.

Take a breath, relax. It's a story, and it's unfinished. Let it play out.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Scrapulous wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:16 pm
There are a lot of things in the world worth getting this worked up about. The story in a game is not one of them.

Take a breath, relax. It's a story, and it's unfinished. Let it play out.
Don't worry about hurt feelings over harsh words, let them speak their peace.

It's as honest feedback as you can expect, because it is absolutely coming from a place of passion. Clearly they care about the narrative playing in the background to the core gameplay, and that's really neat. A little bit of harsh language coloring the message... well that's not the best, but it absolutely emphasizes the message they want to communicate. :)
Schneides42
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Schneides42 »

adiekmann wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:17 pm ...and geeez-louise! He is LONG OVERDUE for a promotion already!! Why is he stuck on Hauptmann? He should have been promoted to Major in AO40 at the latest!
Yeah, but if he gets promoted too much then he gets a new job and we don't see him again. Now medals, they don't come with a change in job, so give him some medals :lol:
paragan

Post by paragan »

Schneides42 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:03 am
adiekmann wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:17 pm ...and geeez-louise! He is LONG OVERDUE for a promotion already!! Why is he stuck on Hauptmann? He should have been promoted to Major in AO40 at the latest!
Yeah, but if he gets promoted too much then he gets a new job and we don't see him again. Now medals, they don't come with a change in job, so give him some medals :lol:
Don´t worry his work as Hauptmann was just a mere camouflage. Real work just began ...

Little hint :lol:

Schneides42
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Schneides42 »

What, he becomes a Scientologist? :)
paragan

Post by paragan »

Schneides42 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:31 pm What, he becomes a Scientologist? :)
It looks like he has taken a level in badass :lol:
Gfot
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Gfot »

The real surprise here is Gerhardt is still alive and in his position, that guy wouldn't last a week in a real Panzer Corps (unless he was Hitler's nephew or something).
Scrapulous

Post by Scrapulous »

Gfot wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:20 pm The real surprise here is Gerhardt is still alive and in his position, that guy wouldn't last a week in a real Panzer Corps (unless he was Hitler's nephew or something).
On one hand I agree with you. That dude does not impress.

On the other hand, we have learned the hard way that we can't trust Wagner not to drive straight into enemy fire, so it's probably best to have more than one staff officer around ;)

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”