The Official 'Bring Wagner Back' Thread

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

impossible
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

The Official 'Bring Wagner Back' Thread

Post by impossible »

srsly. we the people DEMAND wagner back.

if ned stark was brought back to got and bobby in dallas you can do it too. wagner IS pcz2 AO. without him the fight is pointless.
Snake97644
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: The Official 'Bring Wagner Back' Thread

Post by Snake97644 »

impossible wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:08 am srsly. we the people DEMAND wagner back.

if ned stark was brought back to got and bobby in dallas you can do it too. wagner IS pcz2 AO. without him the fight is pointless.
As much as I hate that "soup sandwich" lieutenant that is trying to fill Wagner's shoes, I do respect the devs killing off a key character. Nothing worse than watching a story set in a war only to have all the main characters miraculously survive.
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

impossible wrote: if ned stark was brought back to got and bobby in dallas you can do it too. wagner IS pcz2 AO. without him the fight is pointless.
Should we tell him that Ned Stark was not brought back.
[His nephew John yes, but Ned no.]
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
Bee1976
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Bee1976 »

Snake97644 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:57 am
impossible wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:08 am srsly. we the people DEMAND wagner back.

As much as I hate that "soup sandwich" lieutenant that is trying to fill Wagner's shoes, I do respect the devs killing off a key character. Nothing worse than watching a story set in a war only to have all the main characters miraculously survive.
Im not sure if Wagner is really dead. In the german localisation it was something like "we found his body, doctors conviced he wont make it" something like that. That sounds (to me) like he is badly injured but yet still alive.

But i would really like a return of Wagner. That new lieutnant fits storywise (misinformation/surprises), but i miss wagner :/

Edit:

In english the words are "We have retrieved Stefans body, but the medics do not think he is going to make it"
So he was not dead at that moment. There is still hope!
monkspider
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by monkspider »

I love Gerhardt, the socially awkward, lovable and naive nerd but I really hope Wagner comes back! He has been with us since 1936, he is essential! in many ways, Axis Operations IS Wagner's story. I love and hate that we ended the story on such a cliffhanger, was he dead, or not? It is such a cruel suspense! This is the most suspense I think we have seen about a fictional character's possible death since Mr. Burns and J.R. I don't want to imagine a world where Johanna doesn't get to meet her father. I really do hope he comes back.
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

Bringing him back as a seriously wounded man, not being able to serve anymore would also have some good story impact. I'm frankly fine either way, but this was a well done twist and should have some lasting consequences in at least the form of permanent injury.
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

He can come back even if he forever has to walk with a limp or some other disability. He's a staff officer; he's not running from one position of cover to another on the front lines.

Actually...it would be cool if they altered his art/picture that showed him with an eye patch or one arm or whatever as he continued to serve... :idea:
adiekmann

Post by adiekmann »

Come to think of it...I wonder if the devs ever read one of our ideas here on the forum and then said to themselves, "Oh, crap! There goes that idea that we had. One of them thought of it already so there goes that surprise. Back to the drawing board!" :lol:
Vorskl
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Vorskl »

Wagner has actually been an NKVD spy. He was recruited by Komintern in Spain in the very beginning of the war and since then worked as a top-level Soviet spy providing valuable intelligence. That's why Republicans knew when and how to strike at Ebro, the battle that devastated so many of our fellow generals. In Poland, NKVD let him attack Soviet troops and capture valuable Soviet prototypes (KV-2, Il-2) to increase his value in the eyes of his commanders. During the SeaLion, Wagner leaked the invasion plans to Moscow, which traded them to London. That explains why the British Home Fleet was absent during the landing - it placed a trap by letting Germans to land and then destroying the Kriegsmarine and their road back.
But.. as Abwehr was getting suspicious that someone is using cheats (such as 'runany Victory 0'), NKVD planned a sophisticated disguise operation at Gomel: Wagner with a draft plan of Guderian's offense to Moscow was 'captured' by partisans and extracted to Moscow. A severely mutilated corps looking like him was left in his vehicle.
In 1942, Wagner will be "reimplanted": NKVD will "let him escape" at Voronezh to make Germans believe that Soviets lost all their strength and the road to Stalingrad [trap] and Caucasus oil is wide open...

Attached is his NKVD dossier where he's known as "The Composer"
Attachments
nkvd.jpg
nkvd.jpg (152.39 KiB) Viewed 3480 times
Moransky
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Moransky »

Agreed with those people who want Wagner back. Gerhardt is too boring and love story was interesting.
Panzer Corps 2 is the most ahistorical game in the history of WW2 games
Snake97644

Post by Snake97644 »

Vorskl wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:43 am Wagner has actually been an NKVD spy. He was recruited by Komintern in Spain in the very beginning of the war and since then worked as a top-level Soviet spy providing valuable intelligence. That's why Republicans knew when and how to strike at Ebro, the battle that devastated so many of our fellow generals. In Poland, NKVD let him attack Soviet troops and capture valuable Soviet prototypes (KV-2, Il-2) to increase his value in the eyes of his commanders. During the SeaLion, Wagner leaked the invasion plans to Moscow, which traded them to London. That explains why the British Home Fleet was absent during the landing - it placed a trap by letting Germans to land and then destroying the Kriegsmarine and their road back.
But.. as Abwehr was getting suspicious that someone is using cheats (such as 'runany Victory 0'), NKVD planned a sophisticated disguise operation at Gomel: Wagner with a draft plan of Guderian's offense to Moscow was 'captured' by partisans and extracted to Moscow. A severely mutilated corps looking like him was left in his vehicle.
In 1942, Wagner will be "reimplanted": NKVD will "let him escape" at Voronezh to make Germans believe that Soviets lost all their strength and the road to Stalingrad [trap] and Caucasus oil is wide open...

Attached is his NKVD dossier where he's known as "The Composer"
:D that should go on the meme conspiracy thread
Scrapulous

Post by Scrapulous »

Good news! The Wehrmachtshelferinnen have found somebody who can help:
necromancer.jpg
necromancer.jpg (129.63 KiB) Viewed 3339 times
Image from Kari Christensen's DeviantArt page.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

You want Panzer Corps 2 going to go full on Wolfenstein with Nazi occultists bringing back Hauptmann Wagner? :lol:
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

Civ 6 has zombie mode now, so it's a valid option to take inspiration from. :)
Scrapulous

Post by Scrapulous »

Look, if you want historical accuracy, talk to Vorskl or George Parr or somebody like that. Somebody knowledgeable. If you want creative solutions to difficult problems (remember the idea of sending German forces to fight in China? Huh? Huh?), I'm your guy.

Besides, monkspider told me Wagner is actually a sentient halftrack, so in that case what I'm proposing is more of a repair job than employing the dark arts.

I am also confident that I know what is actually going to happen, but I'm so confident that I regard it as almost a spoiler, so I don't mention it.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Scrapulous wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:15 pm Look, if you want historical accuracy, talk to Vorskl or George Parr or somebody like that. Somebody knowledgeable. If you want creative solutions to difficult problems (remember the idea of sending German forces to fight in China? Huh? Huh?), I'm your guy.

Besides, monkspider told me Wagner is actually a sentient halftrack, so in that case what I'm proposing is more of a repair job than employing the dark arts.

I am also confident that I know what is actually going to happen, but I'm so confident that I regard it as almost a spoiler, so I don't mention it.
I mean, I don't want to exactly put fuel on this fire. But I feel it was a deliberate decision by someone, at some time, for some reason, to have the motorcycle vehicle be crewed while Wagner's Halftrack has empty seats... :!:
Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

Kerensky wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:38 pm You want Panzer Corps 2 going to go full on Wolfenstein with Nazi occultists bringing back Hauptmann Wagner? :lol:
Thx for asking :D Uhm i would definitly spend my money on a "Flavor DLC -Zombie-Mode" ;)

I still wait fpr that Zombie-Tank Camo :twisted: And yes i know operation pink was an aprils fool, but i think the idea of flavor dlcs has potential 8)
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Bee1976 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:13 am I still wait fpr that Zombie-Tank Camo :twisted: And yes i know operation pink was an aprils fool, but i think the idea of flavor dlcs has potential 8)
I would think some people who have been waiting for Allied campaign content might be pretty annoyed to see flavor DLC arrive before historical Allied content does.

Personally, I would happily see both land in parallel. But then I also don't think there is a such thing as too much content. The more there is, the more choice players have. :mrgreen:
Scrapulous

Post by Scrapulous »

Bee1976 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:13 am
Kerensky wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:38 pm You want Panzer Corps 2 going to go full on Wolfenstein with Nazi occultists bringing back Hauptmann Wagner? :lol:
Thx for asking :D Uhm i would definitly spend my money on a "Flavor DLC -Zombie-Mode" ;)

I still wait fpr that Zombie-Tank Camo :twisted: And yes i know operation pink was an aprils fool, but i think the idea of flavor dlcs has potential 8)
What do you think the Z in the Bf 109-Z stands for? Zwilling? Please. It's clearly Zombie.
Scrapulous

Post by Scrapulous »

Kerensky wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:41 pm
Scrapulous wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:15 pm Look, if you want historical accuracy, talk to Vorskl or George Parr or somebody like that. Somebody knowledgeable. If you want creative solutions to difficult problems (remember the idea of sending German forces to fight in China? Huh? Huh?), I'm your guy.

I mean, I don't want to exactly put fuel on this fire.
Not to worry: the fire is self-sustaining at this point. No fuel required.
Kerensky wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:41 pm But I feel it was a deliberate decision by someone,
!
Kerensky wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:41 pm at some time,
!!
Kerensky wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:41 pm for some reason,
!!!!
Kerensky wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:41 pm to have the motorcycle vehicle be crewed while Wagner's Halftrack has empty seats... :!:
Precisely! I...

wait, what? Motorcycle? Empty seats? I... guess the 3 strength halftrack could represent empty seats? But I remember no motorcycles.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”