W/O Heros

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

David Hansen
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

W/O Heros

Post by David Hansen »

I've started a new campaign w/o heros and have played thru the 1939 and 1940 AO's.
In my first play through I felt heros "unbalanced" the gameplay for me and made things a little to "unrealistic" for my tastes.
This second play through w/o heros has certainly made things more interesting/enjoyable...to say the least.
Background...no power 4...no perimeter control...and a house rule of no scout planes...4th level of campaign difficulty.
MY CONCERN...as the war progresses and new DLC's are made available...am I setting myself up for failure down the road by handicapping myself without the option of heros?
Does the difficulty ramp up significantly as the Russian front gets underway?
Should I be playing a campaign with the option for just one hero/unit only in order to handle the future DLC's?...or...can I continue to proceed as is?

PS-I guess this question needs a dev perspective.
Bee1976
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: W/O Heros

Post by Bee1976 »

David Hansen wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:33 pm I've started a new campaign w/o heros and have played thru the 1939 and 1940 AO's.
[...]

PS-I guess this question needs a dev perspective.
I would assume even devs cant answer you this ;) It depends on your playstyle, what you consider fun, and of course your "skill-level" (no offense intended).

On fiddiculty 4 and without the hardest dlc scw, im quite sure it is possible to play and finish ao39 to ao45.

Watch Edmons Ultimate-Challenge for example. He plays with heros (most of them are garbage) a bunch of real painful negative traits, no positive traits (besides killer team which delivered bad heros... :D ) difficulty 5 and he is performing real impressive in that campaign.
And i would consider his challenge way harder than w/o heros.

So my advice would be:
If this is fun for you, go for it. Try it out. The worst thing, that can happe nis that you have to go for a new playthrough ;)
WalterTFD
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: W/O Heros

Post by WalterTFD »

I think you will be able to keep on going. But you still have the heroes, right? Just not assigned to your units. So if you run into trouble in a future DLC you can just bring them out.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”