AO1942??

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Bee1976
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: AO1942??

Post by Bee1976 »

wecker wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:45 pm Hi Bee,

then please be so kind and share a link to this given information from Slitherine.

Do you mean the teatime sessions?

Not everybody has time to listen half an our to a person drinking "Negroni" just to hear that there will be soon great things for PanzerCorps2 - like what? The game is available in the Epic Games store?
Hey dude,

i already did share the informations, with link and the exactly time where to find them. But of course, i will quote myself
Bee1976 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:02 pm
Tea Time with Slitherine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2laroONn8g (youtube re-live video)

Minute 38:20

:)
"There will be a birthxday for pc2"
"we are going to do a big pc2 celebration very soon"
"stay tuned, its going to be massive"
"that and more to be announced on the pc series"

;)
And in that "Negroni-TeaTime" (i enjoyed it) Marco repeated that they are working on AO42 and more for PC2, so not that epic store news ;)

The thing is, Slitherine do share information with us, we even have the possibility to ask questions, and we get answers there. I dislike that modern social media stuff, but i try to watch every tea time live or most of the time re-live. I would prefer a summary and/or post on the forums but the user i asnwered complained that Slitherine dont give us information. And well, they do give us information.
Even more than that 2-3 sentences asuser wanted ;)

In my opinion Slitherine offers great informations about their games. No other devteam or publisher i know offers weekly updates or give the fanbase the chance to ask questions.
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

wecker wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:45 pm Hi Bee,

then please be so kind and share a link to this given information from Slitherine.

Do you mean the teatime sessions?

Not everybody has time to listen half an our to a person drinking "Negroni" just to hear that there will be soon great things for PanzerCorps2 - like what? The game is available in the Epic Games store?

Just my 2 cents.

Is Kerensky really offline? Edmon is also very quiet.

Some posts of "Vorskl" - whose ideas I like very much - dissapeared also on the beta forum.

Something strange is happening indeed...
No. Nothing strange is happening. Holidays, pandemic, other responsibilities, Kaiju, ... the usual stuff.

However if you mean more is happening than usual .. then yes .. but you'll have to wait for Marcos announcement.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

Patrick Ward wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:27 am Kaiju
:mrgreen: <3 "the ususal stuff" hehe
wecker
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by wecker »

Hi all,

thank you for the answers - now I see that you are all alive :D

I meant no offense to anybody in the forums or officials.

But this is the problem for gamers like me (working, family man and age over 50).

To watch tea time, official forum, beta forum - I would prefer an "Official News & Announcement thread" - easy to find or always on top.

And off course Marco may drink his Negroni on his birthday - but you see - I keep on messing and mixing information from different sources.

Then I will try do be patient (despite my progressing age) and am curious about the big things going on.

And I learned something new: Kajin

Bye.
Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

wecker wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:51 pm Hi all,

Me neither...or neither did i ? Im unsure which term is correct...english issues...im still trying to improve...
I just wanted to mention that, because if i read my answer to you, translated in my head it sounds....unfriendly...but that wasnt the plan
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

Bee1976 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:29 pm

Me neither...or neither did i ? Im unsure which term is correct...english issues...im still trying to improve...
I just wanted to mention that, because if i read my answer to you, translated in my head it sounds....unfriendly...but that wasnt the plan
Nah, nobody was rude or vulgar. When the natives get restless, it means that the good people involved with this game are doing something right because it means the fan base cares greatly about their product. We complain because we're itching for the next installment - already over a month ago.

I understand the fine line between not wanting to make promises that can burn them later if things change, but keeping us basically totally in the dark is a bit baffling. Even with the tea time Q&A saying "they're working on it" is hardly good enough. That much any reasonable person can deduce already for themselves. My original post was a plea to just keep us satiated rather than completely clueless and, for some, possibly losing interest in the game. I am not in marketing but I'd think that just makes good sense. They could give an update that is very general and short and doesn't commit to anything that they'd be sorry for later. Plus, it would give us here in the forum something to chat or speculate about that helps keep the interest high for even the more marginal fan.
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Yeah we always try to remain aware that English syntax is very subtle and something native speakers deal with intuitively. If you arrange English words the same way as you do in other languages, with verbs, pronouns, adjectives etc. in a very different order, then it can come across as arrogant or aggressive. TBH, that someone can speak English as a second language and make themselves understood in a reasonably coherent manner, is a constant source of amazement to me. I failed French and Italian.
So we try to give the benefit of the doubt. Time usually shows who the really bad apples are.

My son is currently learning Mandarrin and has similar issues .. although there the results tend to be funny rather than nasty. ( yes, some of us here are actually older than most of our customers )

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

Patrick Ward wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:44 pm Time usually shows who the really bad apples are.
:oops: I hope i didnt sound like one of those bad apples :/
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

adiekmann wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:37 pm

Nah, nobody was rude or vulgar. When the natives get restless, it means that the good people involved with this game are doing something right because it means the fan base cares greatly about their product. We complain because we're itching for the next installment - already over a month ago.

I understand the fine line between not wanting to make promises that can burn them later if things change, but keeping us basically totally in the dark is a bit baffling. Even with the tea time Q&A saying "they're working on it" is hardly good enough. That much any reasonable person can deduce already for themselves. My original post was a plea to just keep us satiated rather than completely clueless and, for some, possibly losing interest in the game. I am not in marketing but I'd think that just makes good sense. They could give an update that is very general and short and doesn't commit to anything that they'd be sorry for later. Plus, it would give us here in the forum something to chat or speculate about that helps keep the interest high for even the more marginal fan.
Yup, we should sometimes say a little more than we do but I think we're often a little paranoid about saying too much too soon. We've made that mistake before. Even releasing little nuggets of information has to be micro-managed now because unfortunatly, the maxim, all publicity is good publicity, is just not true.

The reasons for 1942's slight delay are varied but overall aren't important. Just know that events outside our control have contributed to a couple of projects backing up. Even without a pandemic this happens so internally, it's niether here nor there. Projects regularly get shifted round to suit a whole host of internal and external requirements and no one else is (usually) any the wiser. The right people know, plans are in place. All's good.

So, thanks for your patience and support.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Bee1976 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:33 pm
Patrick Ward wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:44 pm Time usually shows who the really bad apples are.
I only maintain one of the lists, and so far you're not on it.

There is, however, another list. I have no control over that one.
You don't want to be on that list ....

We're watching. Always watching...
Roz eyes.gif
Roz eyes.gif (599.9 KiB) Viewed 1921 times
:lol:

Pat a Pixel Pusher

nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

Patrick Ward wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:32 pm
Bee1976 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:33 pm
I only maintain one of the lists, and so far you're not on it.

There is, however, another list. I have no control over that one.
You don't want to be on that list ....

We're watching. Always watching...

Roz eyes.gif

:lol:
"I'm watching you, [Enter name]. Always watching. Always."
Green Knight
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenKnight2001
monkspider
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by monkspider »

Patrick, can you confirm that Kerensky is oK? His out of character silence is a little concerning. Perhaps he is just too busy with his work but it is unlike him.
Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

monkspider wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:06 pm Patrick, can you confirm that Kerensky is oK? His out of character silence is a little concerning. Perhaps he is just too busy with his work but it is unlike him.
Im not Patrick, and ofc i dont know why Kerensky is so silent. But

Last active:31 May 2021 06:46

He is still here, just not postion atm. ;) Maybe a lot of work, or vacation or he is fighting one of those mentioned "kaijus" ;)
klhbekool
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by klhbekool »

I sit and wait patiently. I hope Wagner will comeback with any eye patch or something in the middle of AO42. We should have a better officer than that dork we have now. I have started over in Spain just to have Wagner back. I maybe a little attached to him--lol
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

monkspider wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:06 pm Patrick, can you confirm that Kerensky is oK? His out of character silence is a little concerning. Perhaps he is just too busy with his work but it is unlike him.
Kerensky is fine and working hard on 1942 and others. He's just having a break from the forum.
He's been interacting consistently here, on the beta forums and on half a dozen others for a year or more without a break while also trying to develop the campaign. That's a lot for anyone, let alone while in the midst of a pandemic.

So thats all it is. He's taking a forum holiday and will be back once he's rested.

I'm sure he'll appreciate your concern.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

monkspider

Post by monkspider »

Patrick Ward wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:20 pm
Kerensky is fine and working hard on 1942 and others. He's just having a break from the forum.
He's been interacting consistently here, on the beta forums and on half a dozen others for a year or more without a break while also trying to develop the campaign. That's a lot for anyone, let alone while in the midst of a pandemic.

So thats all it is. He's taking a forum holiday and will be back once he's rested.

I'm sure he'll appreciate your concern.

Pat

Thank you for the info!
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Today is Thursday, I have been keeping my fingers crossed since this morning!!! 😉
klhbekool
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by klhbekool »

I have a feeling June 24 close to the start of Fall Blau June 28 1942.
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

klhbekool wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:32 pm I have a feeling June 24 close to the start of Fall Blau June 28 1942.
It could be perfect for release... We are still guessing the announcement date!
klhbekool
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by klhbekool »

Next Thursday on Tea Time, something will be announced, I asked Marco today on Tea Time.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”