Fun Combat Randomness setting?

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

413x3
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Fun Combat Randomness setting?

Post by 413x3 »

For a realistic player to enjoy the game what is your favorite combat randomness slider setting? Default is 50
Thanks
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Fun Combat Randomness setting?

Post by nexusno2000 »

Try playing with 100 randomness and the perk that won't let you see combat odds. That way you have to judge the odds yourself, taking all the rules and permutations into account, and still get bitten by the fickle nature of war.
Green Knight
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenKnight2001
DarkBlueInk
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by DarkBlueInk »

I'm not a huge fan of RNG so I have been playing on 10% randomness. I have been thinking about bumping this to 15% or 20% for my next pass through, but I don't expect to go any higher.
Bee1976
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Bee1976 »

nexusno2000 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:34 am Try playing with 100 randomness and the perk that won't let you see combat odds. That way you have to judge the odds yourself, taking all the rules and permutations into account, and still get bitten by the fickle nature of war.
So much this! Ok 100% is to high for me, but i prefer higher randomness than 50% aswell. War is something unpredictable, so it adds some flavor to me. "arrogant" is a beautiful (hard) trait and a prestige burner. When i play with arrogant, i always play much more careful, with unit backups to finish the job on single enemy units. No combat predictions are no "big deal" on the normal fighting stuff like tank vs infantry in the open, but it gets way harder in a lot of situations. especially when enemy heros join the fight.

So yes higher randomness AND arrogant can deliver some real fun. At least for me
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

100% is the equivalent of what Panzer Corps 1 was played. I like that randomness because it leaves some uncertainty. However, most of the time I play at 50% simply because it is faster when I'm restarting/rerolling for a favorable Killer Team set. :mrgreen:
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

I play on default 50%, as this nicely simulates the fact that combat was not always about equipment, experience and supplies, but sometimes just luck, determination, positioning etc. This brings that welcome level of uncertainty where I can see possible combat results, but I'm never 100% sure what I will get. That said, on higher difficulty, especially when starting the first time, or playing with huge negative traits, reducing the random element has its merits.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”