What's the user retention?

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

SidNSlide
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

What's the user retention?

Post by SidNSlide »

Hello there!

I'm coming from a different game that's in the same general genre as Panzer Corps 2 and the owner is trying to find out what the user retention statistics of similar games are because currently he believes his game's retention is much worse than it should be. The game is a fairly small browser based (yuck i know haha) TBS game that racks in around 3-4k users a month and has a user retention rate of around 5-10% after 30 days.

What we're trying to figure out: What is the percentage of users that still play the game after 30 days of purchase or first time launching? Is there anyone here that might be able to help me with this?

I'll check this post every day or you can email me: zaneryan@live.com

Thank you in advance for reading and creating an amazing game!
Lest
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: What's the user retention?

Post by Lest »

For me the retention for PC2 is 100% :D
Even after a year. Of course this has everything to do with the new content that keeps coming. I think that is part of your answer why people aren't sticking around longer.
Best of luck.
brettz123
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by brettz123 »

I'm guessing there is literally no way you could ever find this out. I am just guessing but the only thing you could glean about longevity of the player base would be to go to steam and see what percentage of players are getting the achievements for finishing the game. Certainly not a 30 day number but at least you would have an idea what percentage of players who have bought the game spend the time to finish it.
Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

In this moment steam says 700 ppl playing the game right now.

2-3 days ago, during nighttime here, about 400 ppl played the game.
WalterTFD
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by WalterTFD »

For me, PC2's user retention is based on DLC. I finished the campaign, and, like with most single player games, I'd normally be done with it. But they've been good about releasing DLC, and each time they do I log in and play the new stuff.

From what you are saying about your app, it would make sense if most people were like me. They try your app, play through the content, then leave when there's nothing else to do. To retain them/bring them back, you'd need to drop more content, either DLC or free, from time to time.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”