Panzer Corps goes Pacific

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

WalterTFD
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Panzer Corps goes Pacific

Post by WalterTFD »

Alright! I'm stoked for pacific content.

<sarcasm!>Clearly these are all leading up to an MCU style ultimate 45 campaign mission, where our Axis Operations German force invades across the Atlantic and teams up with our new Pacific DLC chain Japanese force invading from the alternate direction. </sarcasm!>
kverdon
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by kverdon »

Is this going to be a Japanese centric campaign starting in China or a US/British/Australian/Dutch starting in 1941?. If it is the former I’ll give it a pass
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

kverdon wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:33 am Is this going to be a Japanese centric campaign starting in China or a US/British/Australian/Dutch starting in 1941?. If it is the former I’ll give it a pass
It is a US campaign confirmed by the creator of Panzer Corps on Slitherine's Twitch TV channel several days ago.
kverdon

Post by kverdon »

Nice!! Thanks!
Auchinleck
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Auchinleck »

Hope this is a stand alone product for $39.95! Will never be interested in being one of Hitler's Generals for another 40 bucks, just to play this.
ADMIRAL3
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ADMIRAL3 »

The maritime warfare in pzc2 is definitely ridicolous, vaste sea maps are needed, carrier ops must be correctly developed, underwater warfare must be considered as well as ASW ops , damage control, smoke curtains, torpedo atk by air and by surface units and so on. Amphibious ops are not a mere disembarkment of any kind of troops. Recconnaisance and identification are paramount as well intel ops. Pzc2 is far below OOB WWII in those matters and the Pacific Theatre is mainly maritime. GOOD LUCK ! LBM
CaesarCzech
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by CaesarCzech »

ADMIRAL3 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:31 pm The maritime warfare in pzc2 is definitely ridicolous, vaste sea maps are needed, carrier ops must be correctly developed, underwater warfare must be considered as well as ASW ops , damage control, smoke curtains, torpedo atk by air and by surface units and so on. Amphibious ops are not a mere disembarkment of any kind of troops. Recconnaisance and identification are paramount as well intel ops. Pzc2 is far below OOB WWII in those matters and the Pacific Theatre is mainly maritime. GOOD LUCK ! LBM
Well AO 1943 is not going to be concurent so 1943 is basically delayed, eh i dont know why they did it too many people complaining you can only play germans and calling Slitherine Nazis ? i honestly wouldnt be surprised nowadays.
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

Vast Sea Areas:... is this an insurmountable problem?:
Perhaps having more than one 'Sea-Area-Map' or even several of them could be used in conjunction with designated 'Exit & Enter' portals/locations... which can then be used to be able to transit from one region or location to another?. The 'Islands' themselves... could accommodate what-ever required amount of 'Sea-Hexes' as needed to fulfill the scenario requirements... or even 'non-at-all' depending on the situational needs for that particular occasion.
'
Stephen1024
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Stephen1024 »

CaesarCzech wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:59 pm
ADMIRAL3 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:31 pm The maritime warfare in pzc2 is definitely ridicolous, vaste sea maps are needed, carrier ops must be correctly developed, underwater warfare must be considered as well as ASW ops , damage control, smoke curtains, torpedo atk by air and by surface units and so on. Amphibious ops are not a mere disembarkment of any kind of troops. Recconnaisance and identification are paramount as well intel ops. Pzc2 is far below OOB WWII in those matters and the Pacific Theatre is mainly maritime. GOOD LUCK ! LBM
Well AO 1943 is not going to be concurent so 1943 is basically delayed, eh i dont know why they did it too many people complaining you can only play germans and calling Slitherine Nazis ? i honestly wouldnt be surprised nowadays.
AO43 Team are taking bit of break as been working very hard for 5 years. So yes first Pacific dlc will come first. There are separate teams working on AO and Pacific so they won't be affecting each others release dates.

Bit of break be good as give team time to think maybe come up with new and interesting ideas.
GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Stephen1024 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:11 am
AO43 Team are taking bit of break as been working very hard for 5 years. So yes first Pacific dlc will come first. There are separate teams working on AO and Pacific so they won't be affecting each others release dates.

Bit of break be good as give team time to think maybe come up with new and interesting ideas.
I hope this doesn’t means We have to wait for AO43 six months... actually I hope Pacific in september and AO43 in October (3 months after AO42)
Stephen1024

Post by Stephen1024 »

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:32 pm

I hope this doesn’t means We have to wait for AO43 six months... actually I hope Pacific in september and AO43 in October (3 months after AO42)
Dont know the time frames. Game companies are bit more tight with release dates due to covid causing issues. Twitch stream gives best info so keep eye out.
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

I'd suggest you watch Thursday Tea Time. Speculating, leads to gossip. Gossip leads to unhappiness. Un-happiness leads to conspiracy theories.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

adiekmann

Post by adiekmann »

Patrick Ward wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:09 pm

I'd suggest you watch Thursday Tea Time. Speculating, leads to gossip. Gossip leads to unhappiness. Un-happiness leads to conspiracy theories.

Pat
But [some] conspiracies are real!! And speculating...well, maybe one or two good ideas presented here on the forum will work their way into an upcoming DLC. Of course, you guys can play it off like you thought of it and were going to do it all along! :mrgreen:
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

adiekmann wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:28 am
kverdon wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:33 am Is this going to be a Japanese centric campaign starting in China or a US/British/Australian/Dutch starting in 1941?. If it is the former I’ll give it a pass
It is a US campaign confirmed by the creator of Panzer Corps on Slitherine's Twitch TV channel several days ago.
One Reply to both comments:
Quote: "Is this going to be a Japanese centric campaign starting in China or a US/British/Australian/Dutch starting in 1941?". … I personally would not 'take a pass' on this venue... as "this!"... "these starting points!" for the "Pacific-Campaign"... sounds very-good to me!... I hope that the 'Japanese-Campaign' starts off in 'Korea'.

Why-Not!... let our 'Japanese-Forum-Members'... have a say in this Game creation development... let's encourage them to voice their opinions... to see where they would like to see where the direction of the 'Japanese-Campaign' might go!. They may have a very different viewpoint on this subject.
'
Khancotlette
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Khancotlette »

Retributarr wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:36 am I hope that the 'Japanese-Campaign' starts off in 'Korea'.
Why so? Korea was occupied by Japan in 1904—1905 and formally annexed in 1911. Maybe you've meant Manchuria?
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Khancotlette wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:35 am
Retributarr wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:36 am I hope that the 'Japanese-Campaign' starts off in 'Korea'.
Why so? Korea was occupied by Japan in 1904—1905 and formally annexed in 1911. Maybe you've meant Manchuria?
Yes!... "Manchuria!".
Schneides42
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Schneides42 »

This is not new so many will already know about it but as we wait for this you may be interested in the Dan Carlin Hardcore History 6 part series on the war in the Pacific https://www.dancarlin.com/product/hardc ... he-east-i/.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

"TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP)_Chinese Aggression Stance Is Unabated!":
***China flies record 52 planes toward self-ruled Taiwan***
© Provided by The Canadian Press
China flies record 52 planes toward self-ruled Taiwan

A "Future-Edition of PzCr2"... just may be... " "TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP)_Chinese Aggression in the East China Sea"

The sortie included 34 J-16 fighter jets and 12 H-6 bombers, among other aircraft, according to Taiwan's Ministry of National Defense. Taiwanese air force scrambled the jets and monitored the movement of the Chinese warplanes on its air defense system.

Starting last Friday, on China's National Day, the People's Liberation Army sent 38 warplanes into the area and 39 aircraft on Saturday, previously the most in a single day since Taiwan began releasing reports on the flights in September 2020. China sent an additional 16 planes on Sunday.

The number of flights into Taiwan's air defense identification zone had prompted a statement from U.S. State Department spokesperson Ned Price over the weekend, who warned that China’s military activity near Taiwan risks miscalculation and undermines regional peace and stability.

“We urge Beijing to cease its military, diplomatic, and economic pressure and coercion against Taiwan,” the statement said.

Huizhong Wu, The Associated Press
PLEASE REMOVE THIS DUPLICATED POSTING
Last edited by Retributarr on Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

"TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP)_Chinese Aggression Stance Is Unabated!":
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/ch ... np1taskbar

A "Future-Edition of PzCr2"... just may be... " "TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP)_Chinese Aggression in the East China Sea"

The sortie included 34 J-16 fighter jets and 12 H-6 bombers, among other aircraft, according to Taiwan's Ministry of National Defense. Taiwanese air force scrambled the jets and monitored the movement of the Chinese warplanes on its air defense system.

Starting last Friday, on China's National Day, the People's Liberation Army sent 38 warplanes into the area and 39 aircraft on Saturday, previously the most in a single day since Taiwan began releasing reports on the flights in September 2020. China sent an additional 16 planes on Sunday.

The number of flights into Taiwan's air defense identification zone had prompted a statement from U.S. State Department spokesperson Ned Price over the weekend, who warned that China’s military activity near Taiwan risks miscalculation and undermines regional peace and stability.

“We urge Beijing to cease its military, diplomatic, and economic pressure and coercion against Taiwan,” the statement said.

Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Retributarr wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:01 pm "TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP)_Chinese Aggression Stance Is Unabated!":

THIS POSTING IS AN ACCIDENTAL DUPLICATE!... PLEASE!... HAVE IT REMOVED.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”