Your wishes for AO43 and above

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Bee1976
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Your wishes for AO43 and above

Post by Bee1976 »

Well, Dev-Team takes a break. Thats completely ok. Of course i would love more and fast DLCs but i can wait for more content. But maybe this is a good time to gather some feedback, what might be nice in AO43 and the others.

I got 2 big wishes and some minors:

1. Big:
Some love for the hero system. For example the UI. Re-Assigning heros is real work :mrgreen: So some possibilty to unassign all or set favorites, or premade hero teams you can assign together.
Something like that would be a big QoL thing.

2. Big:
More battles and more coherent Missions. (I hope google gave me the correct word...). I AO42 i disliked that "Frontline hopping", or firefighting. I enjoyed the Stalingrad battles because they felt "connected".
Oh and pls, not so many "air only" scenarios pls.

Minor wishes would be new heros. I would love to see a recon hero, or a hero for a strat bomber. And of course more tank heros. I mean, we got 3 infantry heros but only 1 tank hero.
Stephen1024
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Your wishes for AO43 and above

Post by Stephen1024 »

I hope see infantry not be so weak as in Pc1 as we progress tanks became to strong vs infantry.

Hoping for some more new units for all AO to date once all Pacific been done. Do understand hard to make new units and that team been busy with Pacific.

Agree heroes could do with system helps make moving them about easier.

Appreciate the variety of missions in AO hope that continue. Plane only be nice if we got few that not plane only but maybe ships or commando raid like rescue italian dictator.

Really want historical path and ahistorical path.

Further ahead like British/Commonwealth AO and Western path for German AO. Finally US really enjoy AO for 7th and then over to Africa for Africa AO

Someone really shouldn't asked me for christmas list

Finally better ending for things going back main menu not best.
BaronVonKrieg
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BaronVonKrieg »

Stephen1024 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:57 pm I hope see infantry not be so weak as in Pc1 as we progress tanks became to strong vs infantry.

Hoping for some more new units for all AO to date once all Pacific been done. Do understand hard to make new units and that team been busy with Pacific.

Appreciate the variety of missions in AO hope that continue. Plane only be nice if we got few that not plane only but maybe ships or commando raid like rescue italian dictator.

Further ahead like British/Commonwealth AO and Western path for German AO. Finally US really enjoy AO for 7th and then over to Africa for Africa AO

mby for infantry to get gradually better like in OOB, like every year infantry can be upgraded with new equipment and slightly raise its stats ?
RVallant
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by RVallant »

Stephen1024 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:57 pm I hope see infantry not be so weak as in Pc1 as we progress tanks became to strong vs infantry.
I personally feel that infantry needs a re-work. The lack of CD isn't helping them, to the extent that I'm going Engineer-only as IMO Infantry is specifically to use in Close Terrain, and yet only Engineers (and Mountain troops) get Close defences. That's just me though.

I haven't bought the AO's yet, but I'm concerned that reviews seem to be fairly mixed about them. I loved the GC in the original game, and that had a lot of positive reviews throughout, which was why I bought them! Reading about the AO, they seem to be in need of a tighter director/project manager to keep things consistent. I've been reading extensively about how frustrating AO: Spain is (though, credit for trying new things) and how the campaign tree for AO'39 was fairly poor/controversial.

So, yeah, I hope future AO's and DLC will be more considerate of the bigger picture.

I am looking forward to seeing how they handle the Pacific, and I am definitely looking forward to seeing their naval rework - I hope that air power is particularly potent, for aircraft carriers especially and that we don't see any useless units (Battleships and Subs in Order of Battle for example, IMO.)

My big hope is that they eventually do a GC for Allied Europe and Soviet as well. I enjoyed the Soviet campaign in the original game but it felt fairly short. I finished the OOB trilogy, but they felt unfun and poorly designed tbh, so I'd love to see it in PzC2, plus it would be a chance to play with the Soviet unit list! My hope if they go for an Allied Europe is that they do front-hopping there, and allow you to end up with a mixed core of units, with the British being the predominant force early on (with volunteer Polish etc.) I think the potential is there for a defensive European campaign, I think the British (And American) Africa campaign has been done to death in a way, and very little focuses on Allied defending in Europe (Poland, Norway, France) but I doubt it'll ever happen.
Stephen1024

Post by Stephen1024 »

BaronVonKrieg wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:10 pm

mby for infantry to get gradually better like in OOB, like every year infantry can be upgraded with new equipment and slightly raise its stats ?
Think that's good way to deal with infantry. Also agree with someone comment that only few infantry seem worthwhile. Yeah infantry really need some love.
Stephen1024

Post by Stephen1024 »

RVallant wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:30 pm
I personally feel that infantry needs a re-work. The lack of CD isn't helping them, to the extent that I'm going Engineer-only as IMO Infantry is specifically to use in Close Terrain, and yet only Engineers (and Mountain troops) get Close defences. That's just me though.

I haven't bought the AO's yet, but I'm concerned that reviews seem to be fairly mixed about them. I loved the GC in the original game, and that had a lot of positive reviews throughout, which was why I bought them! Reading about the AO, they seem to be in need of a tighter director/project manager to keep things consistent. I've been reading extensively about how frustrating AO: Spain is (though, credit for trying new things) and how the campaign tree for AO'39 was fairly poor/controversial.

So, yeah, I hope future AO's and DLC will be more considerate of the bigger picture.

I am looking forward to seeing how they handle the Pacific, and I am definitely looking forward to seeing their naval rework - I hope that air power is particularly potent, for aircraft carriers especially and that we don't see any useless units (Battleships and Subs in Order of Battle for example, IMO.)

My big hope is that they eventually do a GC for Allied Europe and Soviet as well. I enjoyed the Soviet campaign in the original game but it felt fairly short. I finished the OOB trilogy, but they felt unfun and poorly designed tbh, so I'd love to see it in PzC2, plus it would be a chance to play with the Soviet unit list! My hope if they go for an Allied Europe is that they do front-hopping there, and allow you to end up with a mixed core of units, with the British being the predominant force early on (with volunteer Polish etc.) I think the potential is there for a defensive European campaign, I think the British (And American) Africa campaign has been done to death in a way, and very little focuses on Allied defending in Europe (Poland, Norway, France) but I doubt it'll ever happen.
Agree about rework for infantry increase stats as progress idea from another user is good idea. Totally agree some types infantry are so much better that makes having others pointless.

AO I enjoyed to date. Spain having to support AI troops can be hard work but having different nationalities working together not going be plain sailing. Also say that good general will make most all situations. 39 has some interesting maps. I am glad they tried new things. Could they improve systems and ideas yes. Think more types orders for Spanish would help. 7th having not control makes real hard work so think that would be better if more like Spain plus more types orders.

I total forgot a Russian campaign yes agree be nice see full long campaign as the soviet corps from PC1 bit short feeling. That also why like fuller Africa campaign. Also like Burma campaign but that would be hard campaign not sure they do it.

Hoping Pacific be fun and fresh and hope it will lead to eliminating few the issues in European AO. Pacific isn't tank war so hoping it lead to better infantry as example. Also hope Pacific lead to better ship combat.

As for British/Commonwealth I would love have European defensive and I think it be good place bring in commando raids, maybe ship combat too.

There are issues but there is vast possibilities and think game get stronger and better as more DLC come out and it will lead to elimation of weaknesses and new innovation.
PaxusZero

Post by PaxusZero »

Would really love to see an alternate future where nukes weren’t completed/successful in the timeline. Start another hot war in 1950 in Korea and have it spread to Europe with part of Germany joining the nato effort, etc.
makoto14
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by makoto14 »

1. Big:
Some love for the hero system. For example the UI. Re-Assigning heros is real work :mrgreen: So some possibilty to unassign all or set favorites, or premade hero teams you can assign together.
Something like that would be a big QoL thing.
Yes! At the very list please alphabetize the hero list so same heros show up together. I am tired of scrolling for the butcher/flag attack heros and cant remember if I have 2 or 3 of them. A alphabetized list would at least easily let me see how many I have and can assign them to units at once.
Rhaeg
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Rhaeg »

I just gave this ancient thread a bump. Sad to see not much, if anything, has happened on that front.

While we are at the topic of sound, how about releasing one new piece for the soundtrack for each new DLC? You spend a lot of hours in this game and by now hearing the same tunes again and again even when starting new content does not help in creating excitement and the feeling you're about to try something new.

All in all I think the scenarios themselves in the AO DLCs are good to very good. Other than that the DLCs feel very bare bones. You get the scenarios and some new units but not a lot else. No promised sound improvements even after 16(!) months, not a single new piece of music, not a new "city ruins" terrain for Stalingrad, not a tiny model of the Kremlin for the Moscow map, not anything little extra that says "we go all out to make these DLCs something extra compared to the standard campaign". After the Spain one, which had the new allied AI system,it really feels like the AO DLCs are the work of 2 men: Kerensky doing the scenarios and someone else creating a couple new unit models. IMO, the DLCs need some more overall love from the devs.
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Rhaeg wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:19 am I just gave this ancient thread a bump. Sad to see not much, if anything, has happened on that front.

While we are at the topic of sound, how about releasing one new piece for the soundtrack for each new DLC? You spend a lot of hours in this game and by now hearing the same tunes again and again even when starting new content does not help in creating excitement and the feeling you're about to try something new.

All in all I think the scenarios themselves in the AO DLCs are good to very good. Other than that the DLCs feel very bare bones. You get the scenarios and some new units but not a lot else. No promised sound improvements even after 16(!) months, not a single new piece of music, not a new "city ruins" terrain for Stalingrad, not a tiny model of the Kremlin for the Moscow map, not anything little extra that says "we go all out to make these DLCs something extra compared to the standard campaign". After the Spain one, which had the new allied AI system,it really feels like the AO DLCs are the work of 2 men: Kerensky doing the scenarios and someone else creating a couple new unit models. IMO, the DLCs need some more overall love from the devs.
1/ We've only just released 42 and have already stated its going to be a longer wait for 43 as the AO team is having a break. But by all means keep discussing 43 and above.
2/ Re: sound .. fair enough but I can't comment on it.
3/ City ruins was implemented in AO42 along with Industrial terrain and other improvemments, specifically for Stalingrad. The designer did not have time to implement them in the scenarios so I expect they will be added with an update. They've been available to modders since the release of 42 and were anounced many places including here viewtopic.php?f=464&t=106287
4/ Kremlin model .. adding unique elements to the terrain system is much more complicated than it sounds and while it is on the list, is very low down.
5/ Yes. It's a small niche game with a small but perfectly formed team. The fact that only Kerensky is front of house is about providing one point of contact, to aid beta testing, and a result of shielding the team from abuse.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Rhaeg

Post by Rhaeg »

Patrick Ward wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:53 pm 1/ We've only just released 42 and have already stated its going to be a longer wait for 43 as the AO team is having a break. But by all means keep discussing 43 and above.
Given the title, that was exactly the point of this topic, I'd say.
Patrick Ward wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:53 pm 2/ Re: sound .. fair enough but I can't comment on it.
By now I guess I'll just assume it won't happen and be positively surprised if it ever does.
Patrick Ward wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:53 pm 3/ City ruins was implemented in AO42 along with Industrial terrain and other improvemments, specifically for Stalingrad. The designer did not have time to implement them in the scenarios so I expect they will be added with an update. They've been available to modders since the release of 42 and were anounced many places including here viewtopic.php?f=464&t=106287
:roll:
Patrick Ward wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:53 pm 4/ Kremlin model .. adding unique elements to the terrain system is much more complicated than it sounds and while it is on the list, is very low down.
It's just an example of a small thing that could be done to add some flavour to the new content you are releasing. I'd be very curious to see some of the things that are higher on this list you mentioned, because to me it seems none of these things ever make it into the AO DLC. This is what I mean by things feeling very bare bones to me and thinking the DLCs could use a bit more love from the devs. Admitting that you're not happy with the sounds in your own game, saying you'll work on it soon but nothing having emerged on that front in 16 months time is pretty much proof that the game is not getting much love in all its departments. Kerensky's scenarios are generally very good, the unit models look nice... but that's pretty much it.
Patrick Ward wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:53 pm 5/ Yes. It's a small niche game with a small but perfectly formed team. The fact that only Kerensky is front of house is about providing one point of contact, to aid beta testing, and a result of shielding the team from abuse.
I hope "abuse" is not referring to mild and politely phrased criticism such as in my post. It's just an opinion of one of your consumers, no more, no less.
Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

Patrick Ward wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:53 pm
5/ Yes. It's a small niche game with a small but perfectly formed team. The fact that only Kerensky
Pat
:( PC" is not small, at least not for me :D

Btw, missing Kerensky here

And one question, its not meant to be offending or demanding. The team is taking a break, thats completly ok for me. But my question is, will we recieve a patch/upgrade for PC2 after that break or is that something that is worked on serperatly ?
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Bee1976 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:19 pm
Patrick Ward wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:53 pm
5/ Yes. It's a small niche game with a small but perfectly formed team. The fact that only Kerensky
Pat
:( PC" is not small, at least not for me :D

Btw, missing Kerensky here

And one question, its not meant to be offending or demanding. The team is taking a break, thats completly ok for me. But my question is, will we recieve a patch/upgrade for PC2 after that break or is that something that is worked on serperatly ?
Kerensky is the focus of the AO team so yeah .. you'll have to make do without him for a while.

Oh yes. A patch is incoming soon and Kerensky is heavily involved with that. Plus the Pacific is in production and is developed separately.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

Thx for the answer Pat :)
UncleAi
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by UncleAi »

1. I hope the alternate path is a smooth path to win. Not a “convenient” win like destroy Red Army in one scenario.
2. I want a good explanation about Wagner's return.
3. Bring back railway transport.
4. More Rudel level heroes , especially tank heroes.
Raganr129
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Raganr129 »

UncleAi wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:01 pm
4. More Rudel level heroes , especially tank heroes.
I so badly want any combination of Michael Wittmann, Otto Carius, or Kurt Knispel.
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

My biggest hope for AO1943 is operazione little saturn and his conseguences.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... aturno.jpg
smashtheaxis

Post by smashtheaxis »

UncleAi wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:01 pm1. I hope the alternate path is a smooth path to win. Not a “convenient” win like destroy Red Army in one scenario.
I hope the alternate path involves a successful coup and regime change. And ends in a somewhat realistic armistice, after a series of defenses and counter-offensives on all fronts, and not with a completely unrealistic "final victory" with panzers rolling down Pennsylvania Avenue.
George_Parr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by George_Parr »

smashtheaxis wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:26 am
UncleAi wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:01 pm1. I hope the alternate path is a smooth path to win. Not a “convenient” win like destroy Red Army in one scenario.
I hope the alternate path involves a successful coup and regime change. And ends in a somewhat realistic armistice, after a series of defenses and counter-offensives on all fronts, and not with a completely unrealistic "final victory" with panzers rolling down Pennsylvania Avenue.
I'm not sure if a coup followed by an armistice is any more realistic than that. Even if somehow things wouldn't turn into a civil war, such an event would lead the the immediate collapse of morale and cohesion on the front. If Germany as it was couldn't fight the enemies to a standstill, than a divided Germany certainly had even less of a chance at that.

The most "realistic" victory path would probably some sort of success in the East, followed by fending off an invasion in the West, leading to a stalemate in which Germany is took weak to threaten Britain (much less the US) but the Allies don't really have what it takes to land on the continent either.
brumleek
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by brumleek »

George_Parr wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:24 am
smashtheaxis wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:26 am
I'm not sure if a coup followed by an armistice is any more realistic than that. Even if somehow things wouldn't turn into a civil war, such an event would lead the the immediate collapse of morale and cohesion on the front. If Germany as it was couldn't fight the enemies to a standstill, than a divided Germany certainly had even less of a chance at that.

The most "realistic" victory path would probably some sort of success in the East, followed by fending off an invasion in the West, leading to a stalemate in which Germany is took weak to threaten Britain (much less the US) but the Allies don't really have what it takes to land on the continent either.
I like this idea very much. The question is how to convince players that consolidation and a successful defense is "the ultimate victory" plot and gameplay-wise? For an ahistorical branch, I would like to see the following routes...

East:
- Moscow (again) campaign.
- Leningrad campaign.
- Murmansk campaign.
- Arkhangelsk campaign.
- Ural campaign.
- Azerbaijan campaign.

West:
- Campaign to drive off Allies from Italy.
- Campaign to drive off Allies from Mediterranean (Malta - strong aerial potential).
- Campaign to drive off Allies from North Africa.
- Middle East campaign.
- India campaign (to meet with IJA perhaps).
- UK Home Fleet destruction campaign (strong aerial potential).
- Western Europe defense - would be a blast if ahistorical DLC ended in Spain again (I see some happy family reunion plot potential there :mrgreen:)

Where "campaign" = 1-N scenarios. It does not have to be whole AO DLC of course.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”