Do Axis Operations "remember" previous DLC?

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Xenos
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Do Axis Operations "remember" previous DLC?

Post by Xenos »

I see that some pieces of equipment you can find and keep in your core are clearly used as triggers for events, but are there other triggers? Is there any way for the game to remember objectives achieved and choices made in previous DLC if you import the same core through all of AO? For example, having fought in Finland and England will change something down the line?
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Re: Do Axis Operations "remember" previous DLC?

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

Those tokens are what AO uses to track your game play when importing a core, so if there isn't one from that scenario/route, then I guess no.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Sealion is definitely being remembered :)

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=103922
PaxusZero
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by PaxusZero »

Are we supposed to do anything with the 5 262?
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

PaxusZero wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:14 pm Are we supposed to do anything with the 5 262?
Keep them, and we shall see.
PaxusZero

Post by PaxusZero »

That’s what I figured. But no word in 1942 made me wonder if I was supposed to field test them for the director or something.
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

PaxusZero wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:25 pm That’s what I figured. But no word in 1942 made me wonder if I was supposed to field test them for the director or something.
You have to know that Me 262 is becoming regular equipment in 1943~1944.
BaronVonKrieg
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BaronVonKrieg »

VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:08 am
PaxusZero wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:25 pm That’s what I figured. But no word in 1942 made me wonder if I was supposed to field test them for the director or something.
You have to know that Me 262 is becoming regular equipment in 1943~1944.
the best youll get is like 20 prototypes before the official introduction of the plane into service i guess
Wolfenguard
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Wolfenguard »

yep i thinked the same at the training scenario
oh great i get now some more MEs for a full squadron maybe with the female Hero,
but no here, then i thinked there is maybe a trick or a secret like, the small scripted event like the training scenario in the previos AO Campaign when you get a unit to the south west part of the map, where some soldiers tell you, that you have to return and your units holds theyr map upsidedown
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

Wolfenguard wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:22 pm but no here, then i thinked there is maybe a trick or a secret like, the small scripted event like the training scenario in the previos AO Campaign when you get a unit to the south west part of the map, where some soldiers tell you, that you have to return and your units holds theyr map upsidedown
I think that one is referring to the Jaworzno Concentration Camp, you can see the location Jaworzno to the NW of that map. This also explains why the officer says "our army friends" which indicates they are not from the Wehrmacht, but the SS. He also wears black uniform, another element suggesting that he is from the SS.
BaronVonKrieg
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BaronVonKrieg »

VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:17 pm
Wolfenguard wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:22 pm but no here, then i thinked there is maybe a trick or a secret like, the small scripted event like the training scenario in the previos AO Campaign when you get a unit to the south west part of the map, where some soldiers tell you, that you have to return and your units holds theyr map upsidedown
I think that one is referring to the Jaworzno Concentration Camp, you can see the location Jaworzno to the NW of that map. This also explains why the officer says "our army friends" which indicates they are not from the Wehrmacht, but the SS. He also wears black uniform, another element suggesting that he is from the SS.
wow i have like 10 playtroughs and never have i goten this ,anything similar in AO40 ?
Last edited by BaronVonKrieg on Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaronVonKrieg
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BaronVonKrieg »

BaronVonKrieg wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:51 pm
VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:17 pm
wow i have like 10 playtroughs and never have i goten this is there something similar in AO40
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

BaronVonKrieg wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:51 pm wow i have like 10 playtroughs and never have i goten this ,anything similar in AO40 ?
No. This is the only case until now.
Magni
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Magni »

BaronVonKrieg wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:51 pmwow i have like 10 playtroughs and never have i goten this ,anything similar in AO40 ?
It's in the 1941 training scenario. Have a unit cross the swamps to the fortifications in the lower left corner of the map.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”