what r the best heroes for Tanks

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

scorehouse
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

what r the best heroes for Tanks

Post by scorehouse »

fighting Cities? also Infantry? what Heroes r wasted on Infantry because its inherent by the unit. exterminator question. Plus attack when assaulting below 50% strength units. is the 50% calculated on regular unit strength, i.e., say 10 for Tanks, 15 for Infantry, 10 for Aircraft, etc. or is it the unit's scenario starting strength factoring in OS, Consolidator, etc.
Bee1976
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: what r the best heroes for Tanks

Post by Bee1976 »

If you want to fight against infantry in city tiles with your tank i suggest: ignores entrenchment, no retaliation and butcher. If you dont have no "no retaliation" hero you urgently need vigilant or if your tank is strong enough to kill that infantry at least first strike. Attacking infantry results in heavy losses with a normal tank with out those heros

The first "vigilant" hero i get assigns to the best armored tank i got. together with strike first. A KV with that combo can hold any city tile in every def mission so far.
Jaimainsoyyo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Jaimainsoyyo »

scorehouse wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:56 pm fighting Cities? also Infantry? what Heroes r wasted on Infantry because its inherent by the unit. exterminator question. Plus attack when assaulting below 50% strength units. is the 50% calculated on regular unit strength, i.e., say 10 for Tanks, 15 for Infantry, 10 for Aircraft, etc. or is it the unit's scenario starting strength factoring in OS, Consolidator, etc.
Vigilant & Ignore entrechment , add to these Rapid Fire and the unit become a beast in cities ( or mountains hills, woods etc)
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

Flame tanks have free ignore entrenchment :D
Green Knight
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenKnight2001
scorehouse

Post by scorehouse »

Love the Dragon tank in cities BUT its hell to get past the Russian Tanks to get it there and once in the city aka Moscow they attack also.
scorehouse

Post by scorehouse »

wonder if a couple of Dragons with heavy AT Support would work. besides an AT unit, which Tank has the most support firepower with the AT hero attached? German or Russian. I've stockpiled over 100 each KV1 40 and 41's, T-34 40 and 41's and KV2's.
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

scorehouse wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:58 pm wonder if a couple of Dragons with heavy AT Support would work. besides an AT unit, which Tank has the most support firepower with the AT hero attached? German or Russian. I've stockpiled over 100 each KV1 40 and 41's, T-34 40 and 41's and KV2's.
Learn to compare unit status yourself. AT support uses unit Hard Attack value, arty support used Soft Attack value, etc.
scorehouse

Post by scorehouse »

roger
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

A really fun little triangle is FlammPz2, StuGB and long stug. Very few slots, really flexible and mutually supporting. Even wo heroes.
Green Knight
scorehouse

Post by scorehouse »

WHAT ABOUT THE PZn?
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

Yes, for urban combat with the heroes mentioned above the PzIIIN is the best tank, especially when considering its core slot cost.

The problem with the flame tanks is their low 3 ammo allotment. If it is experienced, you can expect a possible overrun or two and before you know it your ammo is depleted and that opens it up to counterattack on the AI's turn.

One new hero that I wish they would add to the game would be something that reduces the amount of ammo you use per shot. PG2 had such a hero, called "Fire Discipline" I recall, and it used ammo had 1/2 the rate.
scorehouse

Post by scorehouse »

what about if you split the unit? does 1 get 2 shots and the other only 1? does the Italian Dragon Tank have only 3? I'd look for myself but I don't know a shortcut without loading the game and a scenario? I'm tracking scores, watching highlights, etc. right now thanks.
Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

adiekmann wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:34 am

One new hero that I wish they would add to the game would be something that reduces the amount of ammo you use per shot. G2 had such a hero, called "Fire Discipline" I recall, and it used ammo had 1/2 the rate.
I would prefer a "special hero" like Galland or Kloß for tanks with +ammo. If the would add this one as a "normal" hero in the random pool this might lead to real bad combinations with overrun. But if you only have 1 hero that delivers some more ammo, you can make a meaningful decision for your core.
adiekmann

Post by adiekmann »

scorehouse wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:40 am what about if you split the unit? does 1 get 2 shots and the other only 1?
No, it's like they are separate units. They each get 3 shots, but I rarely split my units so I cannot guarantee this.

does the Italian Dragon Tank have only 3?

Yes. As far as I remember, all of the flame vehicle have only 3 shots including the flame halftrack that is listed in the "tank" category.

I'd look for myself but I don't know a shortcut without loading the game and a scenario? I'm tracking scores, watching highlights, etc. right now thanks.
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

adiekmann wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:34 am Yes, for urban combat with the heroes mentioned above the PzIIIN is the best tank, especially when considering its core slot cost.

The problem with the flame tanks is their low 3 ammo allotment. If it is experienced, you can expect a possible overrun or two and before you know it your ammo is depleted and that opens it up to counterattack on the AI's turn.

One new hero that I wish they would add to the game would be something that reduces the amount of ammo you use per shot. PG2 had such a hero, called "Fire Discipline" I recall, and it used ammo had 1/2 the rate.
Flame tanks should be backed up by supporting units at all times.
Green Knight
sakura006
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by sakura006 »

Tank builds.
1. Support tank. AT support + artillery support + Camouflage. Tanks can be very useful to provide support fire. Best pair with Panzer 3N. Easily the best supporting weapon in this game.
2. Main battle tank. Rapid fire + Crippling attack + First strike/Ready to fight. Both good in defense and offense. Almost guaranteed to one shot kill any units on open terrain and take no damage.
3. Scavenger. Envelopment + Overwhelming Attack + Prudent + Scavenger(if you have 4 hero slots). One shot kill to take out force surrender. The optimum strength of your tank is 4 to 5 so that you almost don't take damage and deal minimum damage to your trophies.

That's the main type of tanks I use in my playthrough. Some heroes are hard to get, and the above 3 are some optimum builds. But generally speaking, most heroes work well on tanks. There are a few exceptions though. Butcher is utterly useless if your tank has 20 SA, they are useful for early tanks though. IMO, never use your tanks to attack a unit in close terrain no matter what hero you have. Tank initiative is capped at 1 in most close terrains. They can't take enemy close defense. They have less strength and deal less damage than infantry in close terrain. It takes too many good heroes to make an urban tank work. Given the same heroes, infantry can just do a much better job. Your flamm tanks should be used against units in fortifications. That's open terrain but still has a very high entrenchment level.

Infantry build
Azul build: Overrun + ignore entrenchment + Oleh Dir. Nothing more to say, this is the strongest infantry in this game. A real meat grinder.
All-round build: Prudent + Consolidator + First strike + Zero slots(if you have 4 slots). Put these heroes on your engineers. it's good on offense and defense.

You don't need many infantry. 5 infantry is good enough. Infantry are expensive and unlike tanks, they will take heavy casualties. This makes them a prestige black hole if you don't armor them to their teeth. Give them half-track transport, this not only gives them high mobility, but also +4 soft attack which is crucial to any infantry units. Heroes that boost survival is great on infantry. However, infantry can take enemy close defense, their initiative is not capped at 1 in close terrain, they have 15 base strength. This makes infantry extremely lethal in close terrain and deal much more damage than any tanks, artillery or bombers. Ignore entrenchment and rapid fire are the best heroes on infantry, although they are also great on other units. Again, butcher is utterly useless on infantry with SA higher or equal than 12. It is still useless on engineers though. It's just a bad hero on infantry.
Panzer73
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Panzer73 »

sakura006 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:00 pm t takes too many good heroes to make an urban tank work. Given the same heroes, infantry can just do a much better job. Your flamm tanks should be used against units in fortifications. That's open terrain but still has a very high entrenchment level.
Vigilant. With Vigilant the tank's regular ground defense is used in close combat.
-> Vigilant + Ignores Entrenchment + (First Strike or any ability related to initiative)on a PzI, PzII, PzIV or PzIIIN
-> Vigilant on a flame tank
scorehouse

Post by scorehouse »

if an enemy is entrenched to 4, your entrenchment Hero is ignore 4x, the Hero cancels out the entrenchment, correct? now if the entrenchment is say 7, does the 4x bring it to 3 but the ignore entrenchment Hero totally ignores it? and r both these Heroes for attacking only?
Panzer73

Post by Panzer73 »

scorehouse wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:26 am if an enemy is entrenched to 4, your entrenchment Hero is ignore 4x, the Hero cancels out the entrenchment, correct? now if the entrenchment is say 7, does the 4x bring it to 3 but the ignore entrenchment Hero totally ignores it? and r both these Heroes for attacking only?
Don't confuse Ignores Entrenchment with Entrenchment Killer 4x. The former ignores all entrenchment. The latter attack with the entrenchment included, but will destroy four levels of entrenchments instead of just one.
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

Panzer73 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:13 pm
scorehouse wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:26 am if an enemy is entrenched to 4, your entrenchment Hero is ignore 4x, the Hero cancels out the entrenchment, correct? now if the entrenchment is say 7, does the 4x bring it to 3 but the ignore entrenchment Hero totally ignores it? and r both these Heroes for attacking only?
Don't confuse Ignores Entrenchment with Entrenchment Killer 4x. The former ignores all entrenchment. The latter attack with the entrenchment included, but will destroy four levels of entrenchments instead of just one.
An additional factor, a unit with remaining entrenchment [above terrain base level] will not retreat.
'IgnoreEntrenchment' will have more combat kills/suppression, but may not force retreating.
'EntrenchmentKiller4x' will make retreat more likely/sooner.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”