Any idea about this "Bronislav Myshkin" in AO 39 Taipale?

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Any idea about this "Bronislav Myshkin" in AO 39 Taipale?

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

The one LaGG-3 in this scenario has this name, but even Google cannot find such a name for me.
Taipale scenario is also marked in game as Jan.19.1940, at a time that I-301, the prototype of LaGG-3 haven't even finish its flight test according to wikipedia, so I really wonder where did this name came from.
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Re: Any idea about this "Bronislav Myshkin" in AO 39 Taipale?

Post by adiekmann »

VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:45 pm The one LaGG-3 in this scenario has this name, but even Google cannot find such a name for me.
Taipale scenario is also marked in game as Jan.19.1940, at a time that I-301, the prototype of LaGG-3 haven't even finish its flight test according to wikipedia, so I really wonder where did this name came from.
I do not know in this case, but sometimes in the past they have made up names, or used names given or taken after someone involved in the project. In other words, not all the names are based on historically significant people.
adiekmann

Post by adiekmann »

For instance, I have never found an "Oleh Dir" outside of this game. Have any of you?
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

adiekmann wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:20 pm For instance, I have never found an "Oleh Dir" outside of this game. Have any of you?
https://www.quora.com/Who-were-the-most ... -or-top-10
Google gave me this result which hits the name. Devs mentioned that they have few choices when making named heroes for player as portraits and photos for those famous one are usually copyrighted.
adiekmann

Post by adiekmann »

VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:41 pm
adiekmann wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:20 pm For instance, I have never found an "Oleh Dir" outside of this game. Have any of you?
https://www.quora.com/Who-were-the-most ... -or-top-10
Google gave me this result which hits the name. Devs mentioned that they have few choices when making named heroes for player as portraits and photos for those famous one are usually copyrighted.
Yeah, I've seen that before but there's so little information to confirm it.
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
scorehouse
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by scorehouse »

damn! I'm surprised how the Canadians kicked ass in WW1 but the Russians in WW2.....off the charts
scorehouse

Post by scorehouse »

Oh and the Finnish sniper, considering the short duration of the Finn/Russian conflict, kicked ass. too bad he's not a hero in the Finn campaign :D
George_Parr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by George_Parr »

scorehouse wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:18 am Oh and the Finnish sniper, considering the short duration of the Finn/Russian conflict, kicked ass. too bad he's not a hero in the Finn campaign :D
Maybe we might get a Finnish DLC way in the future. Once we are through Germany, Pacific, Soviets an all sorts of further Allied campaigns, individual campaigns for Italy, Romania, Hungary and Finland could be fun as well.

I wonder what sorts of traits would be appropiate for Hayha. At first I though Butcher, No Retaliation and Evasive, but then again, maybe it could be First Strike instead of No Retaliation, to have him be effective on attack and defense, which could allow to change Evasive to something else as well.
Bee1976
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Bee1976 »

George_Parr wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:43 pm I wonder what sorts of traits would be appropiate for Hayha. At first I though Butcher, No Retaliation and Evasive, but then again, maybe it could be First Strike instead of No Retaliation, to have him be effective on attack and defense, which could allow to change Evasive to something else as well.
Over 500 confirmed kills in ~4 month of war. I would give him "Overrun" as trait ;)
scorehouse

Post by scorehouse »

steamroller! seriously though these sharpshooter sniper heroes should be given a range increase. after all, their expertise is kills from a long range?
George_Parr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by George_Parr »

Bee1976 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:02 pm
George_Parr wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:43 pm I wonder what sorts of traits would be appropiate for Hayha. At first I though Butcher, No Retaliation and Evasive, but then again, maybe it could be First Strike instead of No Retaliation, to have him be effective on attack and defense, which could allow to change Evasive to something else as well.
Over 500 confirmed kills in ~4 month of war. I would give him "Overrun" as trait ;)
Now that's a really good fit. All we need now is the DLC :mrgreen:
scorehouse wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:07 am steamroller! seriously though these sharpshooter sniper heroes should be given a range increase. after all, their expertise is kills from a long range?
That would be a bit excessive, I think. An infantry rifle had a maximum range of about 500m, and very rarely was that range used. Maybe specific sniper rifles had a bit longer range than that, but not by much. And Hayha didn't even use a sniper rifle anyway, he used a generic one, even without a scope, which makes his numbers even more impressive. All of that is still far below the ranges the lowest level artillery can fire at, with is a few kilometers.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”