Random heroes during A0s in v1.02

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Jaimainsoyyo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Random heroes during A0s in v1.02

Post by Jaimainsoyyo »

Does anybody knows which class of random heroes haven´t any chance of appearing in v1.02 AO campaigns? It´s clear that "On the roll" and "2.0 rapid fire" are banned , but what about "phased movement" or "artillery support" . BTW , have all the random heroes the same probability of appearing? . Thanks, mates.
Bee1976
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: Random heroes during A0s in v1.02

Post by Bee1976 »

Jaimainsoyyo wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:35 pm Does anybody knows which class of random heroes haven´t any chance of appearing in v1.02 AO campaigns? It´s clear that "On the roll" and "2.0 rapid fire" are banned , but what about "phased movement" or "artillery support" . BTW , have all the random heroes the same probability of appearing? . Thanks, mates.
I havent played much since AO42 8only 1 playthrough) waiting for the fix, but some Heros are tied to the selection of traits you did for your general. I.e. with Trophies of war you shouldnt get "Scavenger" heros. With agressive Deployment there should be no chance to get a fast deployment hero.
Hero randomness was a little strange with AO42, in that mentioned playthrough i got 4 or 5 Double attack Heros just from the 42 content ( Oo) maybe real luck or something seems bugged.

Artilley Support is still in the game, i got 1 in my PT, i cant say if there is still a chance to get a phased movement hero. Im waiting myself for this one to create my resilent "recon-Verdeja" :mrgreen:
Jaimainsoyyo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Jaimainsoyyo »

Bee1976 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:06 pm
Jaimainsoyyo wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:35 pm Does anybody knows which class of random heroes haven´t any chance of appearing in v1.02 AO campaigns? It´s clear that "On the roll" and "2.0 rapid fire" are banned , but what about "phased movement" or "artillery support" . BTW , have all the random heroes the same probability of appearing? . Thanks, mates.
I havent played much since AO42 8only 1 playthrough) waiting for the fix, but some Heros are tied to the selection of traits you did for your general. I.e. with Trophies of war you shouldnt get "Scavenger" heros. With agressive Deployment there should be no chance to get a fast deployment hero.
Hero randomness was a little strange with AO42, in that mentioned playthrough i got 4 or 5 Double attack Heros just from the 42 content ( Oo) maybe real luck or something seems bugged.

Artilley Support is still in the game, i got 1 in my PT, i cant say if there is still a chance to get a phased movement hero. Im waiting myself for this one to create my resilent "recon-Verdeja" :mrgreen:
Good to know, Bee , and good luck with your chase of "phased movement" hero. :D
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

That's not necessarily true, Bee. I did get a Scavenger hero once while playing SCW after the current patch. So if that's the intent, it isn't working! And I have also gotten "Thorough Preparation" even though I had Perimeter Control. That's happened multiple times. While what you say makes sense, I don't think it's true, or working correctly.

Beyond Rapid Fire 2x and "On the Roll," they are all possible if they were ever made available. But the randomness is...very random. It's weird. I have rolled Killer Team and used the end game cheat to skip through all the way to the last scenario to see what I would get many, many times. And I can say I've seen a lot of very strange stuff. It does indeed seem like it sometimes has a mind of its own like certain heroes keep popping up over and over again, while others seem extinct. I guess it's like Apple's random shuffle on iTunes; it was so truly random that that 1 in a 1,000,000 chance of the same song playing twice in a row were reported to actually have happen to some people who then turned and complained that it wasn't working!

I've frequently seen players post something like, "Oh, I've never gotten a ______ hero so I don't think it's active," only to read it and say to myself, "Well, I just got one the other day." But in all my rolls and experimentation, some heroes do seem to pop up more often than others. It's a mystery, or just true randomness displaying all of its possible bizarreness.
adiekmann

Post by adiekmann »

Jaimainsoyyo wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:33 pm

Good to know, Bee , and good luck with your chase of "phased movement" hero. :D
BTW: I've gotten Phased Movement before, though rarely.
Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

adiekmann wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:31 am That's not necessarily true, Bee. I did get a Scavenger hero once while playing SCW after the current patch. So if that's the intent, it isn't working! And I have also gotten "Thorough Preparation" even though I had Perimeter Control. That's happened multiple times. While what you say makes sense, I don't think it's true, or working correctly.
Well, so i think its not working as intended, because this
Players with "Trophies of War" trait will no longer be given Scavenger heroes
is from the latest Patch notes. I try to avoid playing with trophies, so i cant tell if its still possible via normal hero generation (outside of /setany newhero - or what the cheat was)
adiekmann

Post by adiekmann »

Bee1976 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:54 pm
adiekmann wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:31 am That's not necessarily true, Bee. I did get a Scavenger hero once while playing SCW after the current patch. So if that's the intent, it isn't working! And I have also gotten "Thorough Preparation" even though I had Perimeter Control. That's happened multiple times. While what you say makes sense, I don't think it's true, or working correctly.
Well, so i think its not working as intended, because this
Players with "Trophies of War" trait will no longer be given Scavenger heroes
is from the latest Patch notes. I try to avoid playing with trophies, so i cant tell if its still possible via normal hero generation (outside of /setany newhero - or what the cheat was)
What did work was the fact that I wasn't getting bonuses from both any longer. Perhaps that is what it said? I'd have to go back and reread it.
Wolfenguard
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Wolfenguard »

Hehe sometimes you have luck and sometimes not.
Have someone plays where I get only 1 half core hero from scw to 42 but 2 counter arty and anti tank support aso

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”