It has been almost 11 weeks without any news on game content

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

scorehouse
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: It has been almost 11 weeks without any news on game content

Post by scorehouse »

I'm probably jinxing myself but I've never experienced a crash but the slow down is definitely occurring loading and during play.
George_Parr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by George_Parr »

Haven't really noticed that in my saves. Though I do run into a slowdown on big maps when plenty of units are seen at the same time, especially with ships. It starts just fine, but in the middle of for example Operation Cerberus, ship on ship combat can take 20-30 seconds to resolve. Not so much when a few points get taken down, but when a ship sinks. It stops if you leave and start the game again, but comes back quite a few rounds down the line. It's far from unplayable, but it takes some time.
Bee1976
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Bee1976 »

George_Parr wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:59 am Haven't really noticed that in my saves. Though I do run into a slowdown on big maps when plenty of units are seen at the same time, especially with ships. It starts just fine, but in the middle of for example Operation Cerberus, ship on ship combat can take 20-30 seconds to resolve. Not so much when a few points get taken down, but when a ship sinks. It stops if you leave and start the game again, but comes back quite a few rounds down the line. It's far from unplayable, but it takes some time.
Well, my experienceis: its getting worse the longer you play ao42. Playing all Stalingrad missions without closing the game is nearly impossible for me/my computer.
Resolute
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Resolute »

Bee1976 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:29 pm
George_Parr wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:59 am Haven't really noticed that in my saves. Though I do run into a slowdown on big maps when plenty of units are seen at the same time, especially with ships. It starts just fine, but in the middle of for example Operation Cerberus, ship on ship combat can take 20-30 seconds to resolve. Not so much when a few points get taken down, but when a ship sinks. It stops if you leave and start the game again, but comes back quite a few rounds down the line. It's far from unplayable, but it takes some time.
Well, my experienceis: its getting worse the longer you play ao42. Playing all Stalingrad missions without closing the game is nearly impossible for me/my computer.
I've noticed that as well. It feels like the longer you play in a consecutive session, the more resources the game needs though I did not check the memory useage - might next time.
jeannot le lapin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by jeannot le lapin »

OIP.jpg
OIP.jpg (67.65 KiB) Viewed 2624 times
Thunderhog
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Thunderhog »

I'm going to say maybe end of October start of November for a teaser. With release in December
jeannot le lapin

14of5(2).jpg
14of5(2).jpg (55.21 KiB) Viewed 2518 times
davida
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by davida »

Patrick Ward wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:51 pm OK so the best I can say is that there's movement, and we have a tentative internal range of dates, but thats it.
A longtime player of PG and its successors, I bought every DLC that Panzer Corps 1 and 2 have offered.

For comparison: with PC1, the complete 7 part Grand Campaign was released within 10 months of the original game (my order confirmation stems from 5/22/2012, the game released July 11, 2011). GC West was then released with 3 parts over 5 months from October 2012 to February 2013. In Total, that's 10 DLCs over the course of 20 months.

With PC2, almost the same 20 months have now passed, and we stand at 5 DLCs, with the last one being buggy without a roadmap for a patch.

I strongly believe that the success of PC1 can be attributed to the fact that there was a lot of content available quite early. I hate to see people turning away from this great game because neither do we have a lot of content, but also no one knows when and IF there will be anything coming.

So Patrick, if you say that there is "some movement" and a "tentative" range of dates, that's actually concerning for me. Maybe I'm just a bit too nit picky here, but your wording is anything but persuasive that the development of further DLC is set in stone and we can expect content anytime.

I do understand that there's a business running here. So, if PC2 or the AOs are simply not a financial success, I think that clear communication would help to keep your loyal customers stay on board. Leaving them with hope for stuff that may or may not come may instead leave a sour note that may alienate some customers.

David
DefiantXYX
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by DefiantXYX »

Wrong topic maybe, but does anyone know If you can win the war in upcoming DLCs (1943, 1944, 1945)?
Or will it be designed like 1940, can you do operation seelion but the outcome will not depend on your victorys?

I know, it's hard to design. You might need two completly different pathes...
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

DefiantXYX wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:38 pm Wrong topic maybe, but does anyone know If you can win the war in upcoming DLCs (1943, 1944, 1945)?
Or will it be designed like 1940, can you do operation seelion but the outcome will not depend on your victorys?

I know, it's hard to design. You might need two completly different pathes...
In the end of AO 42 you will be able to choose different paths, that are clearly stated as "historical" and "ahistorical", so the answer should be "yes". The 1940 Sealion detour is not supposed to end the battle in the west, as it is "too early" to kick the British out at this time.
Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

davida wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:40 am In Total, that's 10 DLCs over the course of 20 months.

With PC2, almost the same 20 months have now passed, and we stand at 5 DLCs, with the last one being buggy without a roadmap for a patch.
Well, PC2 is way more complex mechanicwise in my opinion, so i can understand that we dont have the 10 DLCs atm. And i can understand that pandemia has a big impact on game development. a lot of bigger developers struggle since pandemia. But yes, more than 3 month wiutout a patch starts to concern me a little. But all we can do is wait ;)
davida

Post by davida »

Bee1976 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:12 pm But all we can do is wait
True, but I think we can expect a bit more communication - thats my main point. The lack of communication ist what usually disappoints customers most. If slitherine said: Hey, its Covid related, and we are in a delay, but you'll see 3 more DLC next year - fine I guess. If its "hey, this game simply does not make enough money, so we're pulling a stop" - not fine, but fair enough, after all, the business side has to work aswell.

But simply leaving your loyal fanbase out in the dark for so long can only yield unhappy customers.
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

davida wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:07 pm
True, but I think we can expect a bit more communication - thats my main point. The lack of communication ist what usually disappoints customers most. If slitherine said: Hey, its Covid related, and we are in a delay, but you'll see 3 more DLC next year - fine I guess. If its "hey, this game simply does not make enough money, so we're pulling a stop" - not fine, but fair enough, after all, the business side has to work aswell.

But simply leaving your loyal fanbase out in the dark for so long can only yield unhappy customers.
I also suspect that there is an underlying problem of economic resources and that PC2 has made it less than expected, but I also believe that such a game has a hard core of fans who would be willing to pay much more for the dlc as long as they come out on a regular basis and within a reasonable time. So once again I invite developers to raise the price of content ... but create this content !!!
sakura006
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by sakura006 »

davida wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:07 pm

I don't think the problem is on the economic side. Given how PC2 dlc is made, pretty much every one who bought SCW will buy all the rest dlcs, at least until 1945 dlc. Since they have published so many dlcs so far, I doubt they are going to pull off the resource at middle of the Axis operation. And I guess they don't even need a lot of people to work on Axis operation. To be fair, all these DLCs are mod-level products (Not really a complain here). They don't add new mechanics or a lot of new units. They simply just need to create new scenarios and maps, and that doesn't need many people. The pacific team probably needs more coder and artists, but not the axis operation.

My speculation is that the dev had a very long vacation in summer, so the entire development was paused for at least two months. I believe there will soon be news (hopefully :roll: ).
Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

sakura006 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:57 pm My speculation is that the dev had a very long vacation in summer, so the entire development was paused for at least two months. I believe there will soon be news (hopefully :roll: ).
Kerensky wrote in early august that the patch is coming soon. Thats nearly 10 weeks ago. (No im not upset about that information, i appreciate it!)So i got 2 speculations:

1. They experienced some major issues during patch development, issues that take some more time to fix. That + covid + holiday times might cause such a delay.

2. The patch will contain a lot of polishing, rework and rebalance and has grown from a tiny dog puppet to a big mastiff ;) that and covid + vacation times might explain such a delay.

Or a combination ;) Only Pat or Kerensky can tell us ;) covid is already confirmed as 1 reason for the delay.
But i think i read something official about the tournament getting rebalances before round 3, maybe we will get our patch together with that

@davida
Well there was some communication. No AO43 in 2021 and Pacific DLC before AO 43. Of course not the communication we want to hear but this is something like a tiny roadmap.
jeannot le lapin

World War II ships rise to the surface in Japan

On Jima Island, nestled in the Ogasawara Archipelago (Japan), World War II ships rise to the surface of this volcanic island.

AAPNALa.jpg
AAPNALa.jpg (126.57 KiB) Viewed 2124 times

Ghosts from the past are coming to the surface. In Japan, on the island of Iwo Jima, two dozen pieces of World War II ships are coming out of the depths because of volcanic and tectonic activity. Located in the Ogasawara Archipelago, about 1,200 kilometers south of Tokyo, the 21-square-kilometer island is home to Mount Suribachi, which contains a low-active volcano. But this one is enough to modify the topography of the place, due to seismic movements. Thus, 24 carcasses of ships that were destroyed by American forces in 1945 are revealed little by little, day after day.
proline
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by proline »

George_Parr wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:59 am I do run into a slowdown on big maps
It's 2021, and Panzer Corps is a board game that runs slow. Ran great in 1995.
DefiantXYX

Post by DefiantXYX »

VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:49 pm In the end of AO 42 you will be able to choose different paths, that are clearly stated as "historical" and "ahistorical", so the answer should be "yes". The 1940 Sealion detour is not supposed to end the battle in the west, as it is "too early" to kick the British out at this time.
Yeah, but It does not seem to have any effect. Even if you do the best you can, the germans still loose stalingrad. But well, let's wait for 1943.
paragan
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by paragan »

We will know more after 14th december. I have just watched tea time with Marco and somewhere around 18th minute he mentioned there will be informations about Panzer Corps 2 (and it´s future) during this event. (21:15 was question about patch)

Hoping for good news :D
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

paragan wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:37 pm We will know more after 14th december. I have just watched tea time with Marco and somewhere around 18th minute he mentioned there will be informations about Panzer Corps 2 (and it´s future) during this event. (21:15 was question about patch)

Hoping for good news :D
More 45 days to “know something more”?!? Oh my God!

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”