It has been almost 11 weeks without any news on game content

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

sakura006
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

It has been almost 11 weeks without any news on game content

Post by sakura006 »

No patches, no dlcs, no news at all. Is there any new announcement planned before October? :D
Dux Limitis
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: It has been almost 11 weeks without any news on game content

Post by Dux Limitis »

I wanna ask too,it's pretty unusual.
Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

Patrick Ward wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:22 am Neither side is holdng things up. The blame there is with Covid. You will be updated when we have an update to give.
Pat
Thats the latest information on the update for PC2. From the first "new season teatime" im pretty sure Marco said that AO43 is not planned for a 2021 release. But i dont have any information on the Pacific DLC
sakura006
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by sakura006 »

Bee1976 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:04 pm
Patrick Ward wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:22 am Neither side is holdng things up. The blame there is with Covid. You will be updated when we have an update to give.
Pat
Thats the latest information on the update for PC2. From the first "new season teatime" im pretty sure Marco said that AO43 is not planned for a 2021 release. But i dont have any information on the Pacific DLC
That's weird. Previous DLCs were released in a four-month-period cycle. If pacific team and AO team truly work independently, AO DLC should be released in early November, and pacific should be released before that. Even though dev took a vacation before, the AO 43 should still be released before the end of the year.
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

There will be a longer gap between 42 and 43. This has been stated by official sources.

Pacific will definitely release before Ao 43.

Covid something is at least partially to blame for any current delays with the patch.
Green Knight
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenKnight2001
George_Parr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by George_Parr »

sakura006 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:03 pm
Bee1976 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:04 pm
Pat
That's weird. Previous DLCs were released in a four-month-period cycle. If pacific team and AO team truly work independently, AO DLC should be released in early November, and pacific should be released before that. Even though dev took a vacation before, the AO 43 should still be released before the end of the year.
They confirmed pretty much right away that the team working on Axis Operations would take a prolonged break, so there is bound to be a far longer distance between DLCs this time around. Even more so since they will also work to make sure that past DLCs work better with the recent rule changes.

With the Pacific DLCs, we really have no idea how far along they had been at that stage, so one can't really say when one of these "should" be released.
Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

sakura006 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:03 pm That's weird. Previous DLCs were released in a four-month-period cycle. If pacific team and AO team truly work independently, AO DLC should be released in early November, and pacific should be released before that. Even though dev took a vacation before, the AO 43 should still be released before the end of the year.
Hehe im sorry dude, im not an insider. I try to remember all information i found/heard/read on youtube/forums and share them. I wish i would be an insider ;-)
As far as i remember the official statement was something like "after intense times with pc2 the team needs a break". And that the team wanted to "polish" the game and ao series fix some stuff and so on. And then was hit by covid.

Thats all i know so far. I would love more content for pc2, to be honest i would buy 1 or 2 dlcs a month (every month) (same for FG II). Hell i would pay 15 Bucks for just a flavor thing like "zombie camo" on tanks and infantry :mrgreen: Its a great game.
But it seems we will have to wait until something is announced. Im ok with that.
Rhaeg
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Rhaeg »

I hope that whenever they get back to AO, they'll solve the issues with AO1942 before going on to 1943. Other than that I hope Kerensky is doing well and is not suffering from a heavy burnout or something like that. The AO DLCs seemed to be resting on his shoulders alone for the most part.
paragan
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by paragan »

Still quiet on the western and eastern and pacific front :(

Hoping for Christmas gift :D

To developers:
You are doing great job, but at least some piece of information should be nice.
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Sorry guys. I've been on holiday so out of the loop. I'll be getting caught up next week and will pass on anything useful I find out.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

Patrick Ward wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:39 pm Sorry guys. I've been on holiday so out of the loop. I'll be getting caught up next week and will pass on anything useful I find out.

Pat
Kerensky wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:54 pm Patch is coming soon, I don't just directly upload my finished work to Steam or anything. lol

It's just one part of Panzer Corps 2. =)
Thanks Patrick. As you can see, Kerensky (and you on the graphics end) seemed to have finished your work on the mega patch almost 2 months ago so it is a bit frustrating and confusing to understand exactly what the holdup is. I suppose it is some behind the scenes programing work. I hope all involved are doing okay, because a game of course is not more important than somebody's health. We all will appreciate any info you can share concerning this so that we are not all guessing what the hold up is in the dark. Thanks again your honestly.
paragan

Post by paragan »

adiekmann wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:38 pm
Patrick Ward wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:39 pm Sorry guys. I've been on holiday so out of the loop. I'll be getting caught up next week and will pass on anything useful I find out.

Pat
Kerensky wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:54 pm Patch is coming soon, I don't just directly upload my finished work to Steam or anything. lol

It's just one part of Panzer Corps 2. =)
Thanks Patrick. As you can see, Kerensky (and you on the graphics end) seemed to have finished your work on the mega patch almost 2 months ago so it is a bit frustrating and confusing to understand exactly what the holdup is. I suppose it is some behind the scenes programing work. I hope all involved are doing okay, because a game of course is not more important than somebody's health. We all will appreciate any info you can share concerning this so that we are not all guessing what the hold up is in the dark. Thanks again your honestly.
I think main reason for patch delay is World Championship - if whey will launch it now it could change rules and game balancing.
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

OK so the best I can say is that there's movement, and we have a tentative internal range of dates, but thats it. I won't give out internal dates because no matter how many times I explain that they're subject to change, some people will always try to hold us to them and it always kicks off.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

Thx Pat! ( These forums need an upvote function) :)
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

Bee1976 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:07 pm Thx Pat! ( These forums need an upvote function) :)
And a major performance boost - slowest forum on the net :lol: :lol:
Green Knight
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenKnight2001
the_zek

Post by the_zek »

Great to hear something from Pat. I was very much wondering on status, dont want to be a pest, but looking forward to new content and the Pacific.
Rhaeg

Post by Rhaeg »

Patrick Ward wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:51 pm OK so the best I can say is that there's movement, and we have a tentative internal range of dates, but thats it.
the_zek wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:35 pm Great to hear something from Pat.
Uhm yes, ehr great... "there's movement" and a "tentative internal range of dates"...
OldFocker
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by OldFocker »

I can't say I'm enthralled with the idea of another patch if anything like previous ones (re-installing the entire game / causes of new minor bugs and some serious issues. I guess for many this game runs smoothly but my experience is one of regret buying.
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

Subject!: Game-Bugs

For myself!, PzC2 has been playing very well, that is only for the 'First-complete Scenario' in any of the Campaigns. Then!... when I try to play the next subsequent Scenario... a 'Major-Game-Crash' takes place for each and every Campaign that I have tried. I hope that this can be fixed... or if not... this game is 'Kaput' for me.
adiekmann

Post by adiekmann »

I have noticed since the beta that after I've played for a while, or even just had the game running for some time when I've been away from my desk, it becomes very sluggish. I've timed it to take as much as 20 seconds to load a scenario and then additional 5-10 seconds before the flags start waving on the map and I can click on anything. If I quit to desktop and relaunch the game, it is once again fine for a while. The longer it goes on, the worst and longer the freezes persist before I can play or do anything. I have not noticed this in the earlier DLCs, only really in AO42. I hope the patch corrects this issue as well.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”