Tweaking question

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Tweaking question

Post by PoorOldSpike »

I hear that some people like to tweak the game code to customise it to their personal liking for single-player games, or for experimenting.
I'd like to tweak the random mission generator in order to give both sides more or less prestige points income and more or less slots.
Is it possible to do that?
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Re: Tweaking question

Post by PoorOldSpike »

PS- I see there are a couple of cheat codes to give ourselves more prestige points and slots, but they only apply to ourself as the human player, so I don't use them because it wouldn't be fair on the AI because there seems to be no way to give him any extra points and slots.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Another thing - is there any way to give the AI player traits?
Folklore
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Folklore »

You might want to mess with the map editor for that.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

The editor is a whole new ball game and I'm not really into it, I'm more of a 'Random Mission Generator' nut, let me spell out the crux of my problem-
I often like to select a 'Tiny' battle size in the generator for a neat little 90-minute singleplayer battle against the AI, it gives me and the AI 50 slots which is fine for 1939 through 1942.
But from about 1943 to the end of the war, tanks become generally heavier and more expensive and take up more slots, so I can only buy about 3 tanks before I run out of slots, and 3 is not enough to whup ass.
By using the setany slots cheat code I know I could give myself more slots, but I won't do that because there seems to be no way to give the AI more slots too, and I don't want to have an unfair advantage, so I have to stick to pre-1943 generated battles.
So if anybody can suggest a way to increase both mine and the AI's slots I'd be delighted to hear it.

PS- I could could get round it by selecting a 'Small' size generated battle which gives me and the AI 70 slots, but the problem there is that a Small map is much bigger than a 'Tiny' size and could take 3 hours or so to play, which is too big and long for me, so I'm back to square one..:)

Folklore
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Folklore »

Yes, you can do that in the map editor.
Use it to generate a new map and then change the slot size/prestige amount. It's pretty easy.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Thanks, i'll have a good dabble in the editor..:)

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”