Scenario List

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

panzerdude
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Scenario List

Post by panzerdude »

I bought Panzercorps 2 from steam with all associated DLC a few days ago. It looks very nice, but I am confused about the scenarios available to play when not in a campaign.

*Battle of Rzhev
*Prague Offensive
*Gothic Line
*Lorraine
*Crete
*Fall Weiss

*Defender of the Reich
*Fjord War

Is this really all the scenarios? I looked for a list here in the forum but saw only lists for the campaigns. I have the original PanzerCorps and there was a huge assortment of scenarios for PBEM. Am I missing something ?
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Re: Scenario List

Post by adiekmann »

No, not at all. Those are stand-alone scenarios/challenges that you can play, not part of any campaign whatsoever.

Unlike PC1, this game has a random scenario generator where you can select any number of variables for your map. On the main menu, select "New Game" ----> "Random Map."

But otherwise, no, there isn't a feature built-in to play any of the campaign maps as a stand-alone scenario (unless you reconstruct it yourself I suppose).
panzerdude

Post by panzerdude »

Ok, so it’s normal that the standalone scenario list is this small, right?
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

panzerdude wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:56 am Ok, so it’s normal that the standalone scenario list is this small, right?
Those are the scenarios that were included with the original release. No new scenarios have been released since then.
Green Knight
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenKnight2001
panzerdude

Post by panzerdude »

nexusno2000 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:21 am
panzerdude wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:56 am Ok, so it’s normal that the standalone scenario list is this small, right?
Those are the scenarios that were included with the original release. No new scenarios have been released since then.
Thank you. Hopefully some more will be added.
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

panzerdude wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:51 am
nexusno2000 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:21 am
Thank you. Hopefully some more will be added.
I converted the Kursk scenario to 2-player co-op. Probably have it somewhere still. Could upload it to Steam.

I also started converting other campaign scenarios to single player stand-alones but never finished that project.
Green Knight
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

panzerdude wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:56 pm I bought Panzercorps 2 from steam with all associated DLC a few days ago. It looks very nice, but I am confused about the scenarios available to play when not in a campaign.

*Battle of Rzhev
*Prague Offensive
*Gothic Line
*Lorraine
*Crete
*Fall Weiss

*Defender of the Reich
*Fjord War

Is this really all the scenarios? I looked for a list here in the forum but saw only lists for the campaigns. I have the original PanzerCorps and there was a huge assortment of scenarios for PBEM. Am I missing something ?
My assessment:

REDS

Wasted opportunity. Hate them.

Rzhev: Super boring. Just a horrible, horrible slog. And the last VH is cunningly hidden faaar down in a corner :roll: Not great design. 2 of 5 stars.

Prague: Wtf!? Tries to be cute with equipment but it's just lame. Also AI unit are largely passive. 1 of 5 stars.

ALLIES

Gothic is great but Lorrain kind of puny.

Gothic: AMERICANS! Good terrain. Great fun. 4 of 5 stars.

Lorraine: Fun but short. 3 of 5 stars.

GERMANS

Poland isn't bad as such but it's clearly a fantasy scenario.

Crete: Para fun. Very different from normal play. 4 of 5 stars.

Weiss: It's certainly big and a challenge but it's not my cup of tea. Not when it's put under "historical". 2 of 5 stars.

FANTASY

Fjord War: Air-Sea-Land. Big, advanced equipment. Interest map. Love it. 5 of 5 stars.

Defenders: Completely over the top. You got to try this - it's like nothing you've played before. If you can't win this you're not worthy of being a panzer general! 6 of 5 stars.
Green Knight
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

nexusno2000 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:01 pm I also started converting other campaign scenarios to single player stand-alones but never finished that project.
Are you talking about the main campaign scenarios or the different DLC scenarios or both ?
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

terminator wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:47 am
nexusno2000 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:01 pm I also started converting other campaign scenarios to single player stand-alones but never finished that project.
Are you talking about the main campaign scenarios or the different DLC scenarios or both ?
The main campaign scenarios.
Green Knight
truth80
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by truth80 »

Hi All! Can I see anywhere from the game the DLC campaign trees? I would like to plan my route in advance. I believe I checked everywhere, but found nothing.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

I asked this question in another thread a few days ago-
"There are only 8 stock standalone scenarios in PC2 as far as I can see, but is there any way I can select and play one of the many scenarios from the Campaigns?"

And Terminator posted this reply-
"Put the campaign scenario files in the folder: Documents > My Games > Panzer Corps 2 > Scenarios and try to play"

(i haven't tried doing that yet, but here's the navigation route, there are dozens of scens in these folders, including the 'Main' folder)-

PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

truth80 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:18 pm Hi All! Can I see anywhere from the game the DLC campaign trees? I would like to plan my route in advance. I believe I checked everywhere, but found nothing.
Try googling "Panzer Corps 2 Campaign tree" and see what comes up, like these links below.
But when googling be careful not to get mixed up between the PC1 and PC2 trees-

SPAIN- viewtopic.php?t=100040
1939- viewtopic.php?t=100823
1940- viewtopic.php?f=464&t=102764
1941E- https://www.matrixgames.com/forum/viewt ... 4&t=104795
1942- https://www.matrixgames.com/forum/viewt ... 4&t=106295
truth80
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by truth80 »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:53 pm
truth80 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:18 pm Hi All! Can I see anywhere from the game the DLC campaign trees? I would like to plan my route in advance. I believe I checked everywhere, but found nothing.
Try googling "Panzer Corps 2 Campaign tree" and see what comes up, like these links below.
But when googling be careful not to get mixed up between the PC1 and PC2 trees-

SPAIN- viewtopic.php?t=100040
1939- viewtopic.php?t=100823
1940- viewtopic.php?f=464&t=102764
1941E- https://www.matrixgames.com/forum/viewt ... 4&t=104795
1942- https://www.matrixgames.com/forum/viewt ... 4&t=106295
Thanks! I was hoping I can open the trees ingame and I don't need to use a browser.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

truth80 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:58 am Thanks! I was hoping I can open the trees ingame and I don't need to use a browser.
The way I get round that in various games is to print out the charts and tables so I can keep them on my desk in front of me while I'm playing.
Take a screenshot of the chart and save it to your hard drive, then feed it into your printer from there.
Alternatively you can go stone age and write out your own charts and tables with oldfashioned things called pens and paper like these I did of the PanzerCorps 2 units-

You can't beat having everything clearly laid out in front of you..:)

truth80
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by truth80 »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:06 pm
truth80 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:58 am Thanks! I was hoping I can open the trees ingame and I don't need to use a browser.
The way I get round that in various games is to print out the charts and tables so I can keep them on my desk in front of me while I'm playing.
Take a screenshot of the chart and save it to your hard drive, then feed it into your printer from there.
Alternatively you can go stone age and write out your own charts and tables with oldfashioned things called pens and paper like these I did of the PanzerCorps 2 units-
Wow! It´s an impressive solution, indeed :) I think, I will rather make saves on my HDD and open up whenever I want to see the path.
Folklore
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Folklore »

nexusno2000 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:01 pm I converted the Kursk scenario to 2-player co-op. Probably have it somewhere still. Could upload it to Steam.
I'd like to have it.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

adiekmann wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:32 am Unlike PC1, this game has a random scenario generator where you can select any number of variables for your map. On the main menu, select "New Game" ----> "Random Map."
Or even better, create a random map in the generator via the Editor because you can assign different terrain densities, for example heavy terrain for the Ardennes, sparse terrain for the Russian steppes, mountainous terrain for Italy etc, plus many other parameters that you can't assign in the stock generator.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Just to recap what we said earlier, if we want to play any of the 70 individual scens, we need to fish them out of the 'Campaigns' folder like below.
There may also have been extra Camps added to PC2 but these are the ones currently on my hard drive.

nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

This doesn't make for good scenarios.

You get script errors, no starting forces, and usually too little prestige to play the scenario in a meaningful manner.

You need to rework evert scenario to make them stand-alone friendly.
Green Knight
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

nexusno2000 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:42 pm This doesn't make for good scenarios.
You get script errors, no starting forces, and usually too little prestige to play the scenario in a meaningful manner.
You need to rework evert scenario to make them stand-alone friendly.
Agreed, but at least we can dabble with the stock camp scens to study the interesting maps and parameters etc to pick up tips for when we build our own scenarios.
Many other wargames have a "User-created scenarios" section but not PC2 which is a glaring omission, as I'm sure we'd all like to contribute our home-made scens to it.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”