Land Mines

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Land Mines

Post by terminator »

I find minefields difficult to distinguish on the ground because they are too small. At the beginning of the game, the minefields were easier to see because larger.

Screenshot with max zoom, red signs could be larger, for example :

Land Mines.jpg
Land Mines.jpg (688.1 KiB) Viewed 1083 times
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Land Mines

Post by Patrick Ward »

Yup, fair call. They're somewhat of a compromise due to the editor not storing rotations. They have to look reasonable even when their local orientation makes no sense. But I'll look to making them clearer.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

if I remember correctly at the beginning the land mines had a larger size then during a beta the size of the land mines was reduced.
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

terminator wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:20 am if I remember correctly at the beginning the land mines had a larger size then during a beta the size of the land mines was reduced.
Yes, because beta testing was also the first time I'd seen any of the scenarios, saw how the designers were using the minefields and all the rest of the terrain. It was quite clear that many things were not fit for purpose and had to be tweaked to account for situations I'd simply never considered.

( The minen signs were enlarged and theres more of them at more varied angles, there are more mine fields per hex so theres more chance they'll be in some clear terrain and so provide higher contrast, they also work with a higher mixture of terrain. )

But that was several years ago and as I said, I agree and I might revisit them at some point. Since then we've a ton of extra terrain that wasn't accounted for.

P

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Edmon »

Patrick Ward wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:22 pm
terminator wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:20 am if I remember correctly at the beginning the land mines had a larger size then during a beta the size of the land mines was reduced.
Yes, because beta testing was also the first time I'd seen any of the scenarios, saw how the designers were using the minefields and all the rest of the terrain. It was quite clear that many things were not fit for purpose and had to be tweaked to account for situations I'd simply never considered.

( The minen signs were enlarged and theres more of them at more varied angles, there are more mine fields per hex so theres more chance they'll be in some clear terrain and so provide higher contrast, they also work with a higher mixture of terrain. )

But that was several years ago and as I said, I agree and I might revisit them at some point. Since then we've a ton of extra terrain that wasn't accounted for.

P
It's a miner change.
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Edmon wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:13 pm
Patrick Ward wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:22 pm

P
It's a miner change.
Stop that!! No funny business allowed around here. :D

Pat a Pixel Pusher

terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

I found in my archives what seems to be the very first model of Land mines :

Land Mine(old).jpg
Land Mine(old).jpg (447.96 KiB) Viewed 794 times
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

terminator wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:55 pm I found in my archives what seems to be the very first model of Land mines :

Land Mine(old).jpg
No, that's a mine garden where they cultivate mines for future use. :wink:

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”