Panzer Corps 2 - World Championship - Round 5 Update

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Panzer Corps 2 - World Championship - Round 5 Update

Post by Edmon »

The Panzer Corps 2 - World Championship moves into the fifth round today.

This round, we have a special treat for everyone - a brand new and never before seen map, The Siege of Leningrad. Study it carefully, as the battle you win may be your own.

Will you break the encirclement? Or simply hold the line?

In leaderboard news, PlannedParenthood drew blood from Kleko11 last round, but it wasn't enough for him to secure a victory. Nevertheless, another 3000 point Kleko11 victory was prevented and now around 1000 points separates the top of the leaderboard.

Everything is to play for.

Round 5 leader board:
1 kleko11 11069
2 Daystick 10616
3 FritzchenEK-I 10272
4 Adel77 9916
5 Folklore 9898

AFK Players
We have heard your feedback about AFK players and have taken action this round to remove those that have not played in the last 2 rounds. We hope between this and the scoring system, there will be a lot less chance that an active player will face an AFK player.

As always, we are improving the system based on your feedback and the data we collect on our side.
kissofpain
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - World Championship - Round 5 Update

Post by kissofpain »

After playing my deploy turn with the Russian side, the game has disappeared from the roster. I don't think is normal... is it?

Also on a side note, especially on a "never before seen map" when nobody knows how the german side looks like, the player that starts last will have an intel advantage over the other one. I think it would be a great idea to have these maps available in the multyplayer roster too, so players can make various tests before starting the tournament game.
PaganCyC
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by PaganCyC »

kissofpain wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:23 pm ...
Also on a side note, especially on a "never before seen map" when nobody knows how the german side looks like, the player that starts last will have an intel advantage over the other one. I think it would be a great idea to have these maps available in the multyplayer roster too, so players can make various tests before starting the tournament game.
Hopefully in the next iteration of the game, it will be possible to do initial setups completely independently of the opponent. And then share the 1st turn files to both players at the same time. That would be nice.
kissofpain
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by kissofpain »

My game sowed up in the roster, I have been able to play 2 turns with my opponent and now the game is gone again. Any ideas what is going on? At this rate I don't think we can finish it in time... :cry:

Edit: [RESOLVED] I was connecting using the steam account instead of Slitherine account.
a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner

Post by a432 »

Hey everyone

DO NOT PRESS:

Review Battlefield

Currently this button is not working, and causes an error that removes your victory score! Please don't press it. It has already happened to 8 people in the tournament just this round!

The "Review Battlefield' button is broken or glitched. After you press review battlefield you cannot proper end the battle, and instead receive this loop error. "Uploading the game" Request Failed Challenge already finished instance already finished. You have to alt-f4 to close the game, no other method will work.

For the error:

https://youtu.be/__SBWxc7Q5s?t=1971

Would it be possible if they can take a look at the panzer corps 2 servers and logs to fix or complete this loop?

Thanks!
rth
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by rth »

langsam bin ich am verzweifeln !!!
ich erobere als Russe in der 14 Runde das letzte Versorgungsfeld , der Gegner hat nur noch 1 Einheit (Artillerie) mit 1 Stärkepunkt, alle anderen habe ich getötet und trotzdem hat er 200 Punkte mehr als Deutscher ... ich denke es gibt 500 Bonuspunkte ?
ich hätte auch schon in der 12 Runde das letzte Versorgungsfeld erobern können, habe extra gewartet , und nicht wie an 2 vorherigen Spielrunden so früh wie möglich erobert
und auch extra als letzte Einheit Artillerie überleben lassen, damit die nicht in einem Selbstmordangriff sich selbst opfert und die Runde ungewollt für mich endet ... ist mir auch schon ein mal passiert ... das Turnier macht riesigen Spaß, mir geht es in erster Linie nicht um Plätze ... aber ein bisschen würde ich schon das Punktesystem begreifen

dann noch ein Hinweis/Bitte: könnte man den Text der Lagebesprechung im Forum abbilden ? mein englisch ist sehr schlecht und ich verstehe da nicht mal die Hälfte, kopieren und anschließend übersetzen im Spiel geht nicht, oder ?
Brausebad
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Brausebad »

a432 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:37 pm Hey everyone

DO NOT PRESS:

Review Battlefield

Currently this button is not working, and causes an error that removes your victory score! Please don't press it. It has already happened to 8 people in the tournament just this round!

The "Review Battlefield' button is broken or glitched. After you press review battlefield you cannot proper end the battle, and instead receive this loop error. "Uploading the game" Request Failed Challenge already finished instance already finished. You have to alt-f4 to close the game, no other method will work.

For the error:

https://youtu.be/__SBWxc7Q5s?t=1971

Would it be possible if they can take a look at the panzer corps 2 servers and logs to fix or complete this loop?

Thanks!

I also won both games against a tough opponent. Both games ended in the error message mentioned above. I didn't count points but it looks weird to me. My multiplayer games always end up with this error message. It seems the support needs to act urgently here.
Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Edmon »

This issue has been reported to the developers... I will update you with news when I have it.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”