Is the 1.02.03 update fine for you?

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Is the 1.02.03 update fine for you?

Post by PoorOldSpike »

After months of playing 1.02.01 without a hitch, I updated to 1.02.03 today and a bug bit me straightaway!
I've asked about it in the bug reports forum-
viewtopic.php?f=464&t=97527

but in the meantime can i ask if any other members are having problems with the update?
And if it can't be fixed is there any way I can go back to dear old 1.02.01?
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: Is the 1.02.03 update fine for you?

Post by terminator »

I never go back...

Me5KrI.png
Me5KrI.png (414.35 KiB) Viewed 2101 times
peterw
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by peterw »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:55 am After months of playing 1.02.01 without a hitch, I updated to 1.02.03 today and a bug bit me straightaway!
I've asked about it in the bug reports forum-
viewtopic.php?f=464&t=97527

but in the meantime can i ask if any other members are having problems with the update?
And if it can't be fixed is there any way I can go back to dear old 1.02.01?
V1.2.3 is fine for me.

As I bought Panzer Corps 2 at GOG I can just install any older version. Most time I have two versions on my PC at the same time. Useful for Mod development. :)

If you use Steam there may be no way back. That’s one of several reasons I never use Steam.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

If in the last update there is a major bug, a hotfix usually comes out quickly. I have no particular problem with the last PzC2 patch and it is always better to play with the latest release.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Thanks guys, I've just re-installed 1.1.21 and everything is fine again..:)

I might download the 1.2.3 update (or whatever its called) in the future.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:58 pm Thanks guys, I've just re-installed 1.1.21 and everything is fine again..:)
I might download the 1.2.3 update (or whatever its called) in the future.
what was the problem with 1.2.3 update ?
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

terminator wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:04 pm ..what was the problem with 1.2.3 update ?
This below, look how the Russian-occupied victory/supply hexes are white instead of being red.
It also happens no matter what nationality/colour my units are, namely the hexes stay white when captured.
It only happens with my human-controlled units, as the AI's hexes change colour normally.
So I had no option but to uninstall the game then re-install it and update it to 1.1.21 which works fine.

Incidentally this below is 'My Page' at Slith/Matrix, I originally installed the circled download, then installed 1.02.03 at the top of the list and the 'white hex' bug showed up.
Notice it says 'US', and as I'm in England maybe it doesn't work for us Limeys?

Or should I have installed the one called 1.02.01.01 before 1.02.03 ?
Its 'US' too and is called 'Legacy' whatever that means?

BTW I bought and downloaded General Edition from Slith/Matrix when it was released 2 years ago, and I'm beginning to wonder whether I should have bought it from Steam instead so that it'd be auto-updated without me having the hassle of having to do it manually.

terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Could you post a screenshot with version 1.1.21 to compare ?
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:56 pm
BTW I bought and downloaded General Edition from Slith/Matrix when it was released 2 years ago, and I'm beginning to wonder whether I should have bought it from Steam instead so that it'd be auto-updated without me having the hassle of having to do it manually.
If you'd of got it from Steam you'd have had no opportunity to revert to an earlier version.
However if you wish, because you bought it from Slith, you can in fact register it on Steam as well. That doesn't work the other way around.

As for the bug thats forced you to revert, its already been reported in the bugs thread. For some reason the default colour is always grey/white. Not been noticed before as most of the time you're playing as Germans .. who are naturally grey/white.
I've not heard of any plan to fix this though it'll need to be done for Pacific. I would of thought though that it would of been there from release so I'm surprised its not present in a previous version. A screenshot would be very useful.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Patrick Ward wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:08 am ..A screenshot would be very useful..
terminator wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:58 am Could you post a screenshot with version 1.1.21 to compare ?
Scroll back a couple of posts and you'll see my Russkis sitting in an objective hex in 1.02.03 but it hasn't changed colour to Russian red like it should have done, it stays white.
Same thing happens with all other nations such as Brit and USA green, the hex stays white instead of green, and for Germans the hex also stays white instead of changing to light grey.

Here's a screenshot from dear old 1.01.21 which i've reverted to, the Russki hex is correctly red, and the German hex is correctly light grey..:)

PS- what's a "Steam key"? What's it for?
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:17 pm
PS- what's a "Steam key"? What's it for?
When at the 'STEAM' webpage... Go to… ~GAMES... ~VIEW GAMES LIBRARY. To then activate your 'PzC2' that hopefully is in your listings of games. Find the header tab- Games _ "click on it"... then!... "click on_ view games library'_ which will then show all the games that you have access to on STEAM ... and then... somewhere in this process [Its been years since I had to do it] you will be asked to provide a 'Steam key' to 'Activate' the Game.

If I have missed something here or that I am incorrect!... please someone else, try help to make this right.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Retributarr wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:07 pm
PoorOldSpike wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:17 pm PS- what's a "Steam key"? What's it for?
When at the 'STEAM' webpage... Go to… ~GAMES... ~VIEW GAMES LIBRARY. To then activate your 'PzC2' that hopefully is in your listings of games...
I bought PC2 from Slith/Matrix, not from Steam, so it's not in my list of games at Steam anyway.
Incidentally a while back I asked in this forum if it's best to buy our games from Slith/Matrix or from Steam, and a mod replied that he'd prefer us to buy from Slith/Matrix, not from Steam. That raises the question as to why Slith/Matrix make their games available for purchase from Steam anyway!
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

When you buy from Slitherline you can get a 'Steam Key' from your 'My Page'.
Slitherline uses Steam for the PzC2 Betas, easier updates and data tracking.
People will buy from Steam who wouldn't buy it from Slitherline,
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

This other guy has noticed a 1.2.3 update glitch-

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 4&t=108153
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

dalfrede wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:15 am When you buy from Slitherline you can get a 'Steam Key' from your 'My Page'.
Slitherline uses Steam for the PzC2 Betas, easier updates and data tracking.
People will buy from Steam who wouldn't buy it from Slitherline,
My biggest beef with Steam is that it auto-updates games, and there seems no way to turn it off.
This means that when you want to play a Steam-bought game, there's always the risk that it'll begin auto-updating and you have to sit twiddling your thumbs waiting for the auto-update to finish, which could take an hour or more.
What's needed is a message at Steam saying "Update available, start download now or later?" so that we can choose to download it later at a convenient time.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:12 am My biggest beef with Steam is that it auto-updates games, and there seems no way to turn it off.
This means that when you want to play a Steam-bought game, there's always the risk that it'll begin auto-updating and you have to sit twiddling your thumbs waiting for the auto-update to finish, which could take an hour or more.
What's needed is a message at Steam saying "Update available, start download now or later?" so that we can choose to download it later at a convenient time.
Did you not see all the problems that there were as soon as there were updates ? No problem with Steam :)
Always keep your game up to date :idea:
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

terminator wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:02 am Did you not see all the problems that there were as soon as there were updates ? No problem with Steam :)
Always keep your game up to date :idea:
The PC2 1.2.3 update which I downloaded from Slith/Matrix has at least one bug as I pointed out earlier in this thread.
Are you saying that if we download it from Steam it doesn't contain the bug?
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:12 am The PC2 1.2.3 update which I downloaded from Slith/Matrix has at least one bug as I pointed out earlier in this thread.
Are you saying that if we download it from Steam it doesn't contain the bug?
No, it’s exactly the same game. This bug is a minor bug only cosmetic.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

terminator wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:25 am No, it’s exactly the same game. This bug is a minor bug only cosmetic.
Nevertheless the 1.2.3 hexes borders look boring because they always stay white when you capture them, i once had a ladyfriend like that who turned up on dates wearing the same boring old clothes so I ditched her, pity because I was planning to buy her a Wonder Woman outfit.

PS- I think every new game update (not just PC2) carries the risk of botching up the game, this guy says so too-

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 4&t=108095
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

The beauty is inside...

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”