pc2 game

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

zarkov
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

pc2 game

Post by zarkov »

I feel that I will be hit hard for what I will say but I need to know. In board games you get units set them up and play-only problem is an opponent. I have played many games in many fields and have had similar problems with them. I basically like to play a game as realistically as possible especially if it is an historical type of game. With this game I am sooo confused and saddened by all the extras that are added. The traits, heroes, cashes, etc. make the game to me unrealistic and too hard to figure out. I suppose that there is no way to play without all those things and still be able to do the AO battles and win. I like to make my decisions based on what I find out in the battle and not have to stack my units on a specific way. I read one post about Crete where the person said you build up one fighter with various helps and surround it with the transports so it can kill everything that comes near-not even close to reality. If during the game a unit deserves a bonus then fine but that way is utterly impossible to me. If there is any help I would appreciate it greatly. Thank you all for all your help in the past and now.
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Re: pc2 game

Post by adiekmann »

zarkov wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:05 pm I feel that I will be hit hard for what I will say but I need to know. In board games you get units set them up and play-only problem is an opponent. I have played many games in many fields and have had similar problems with them. I basically like to play a game as realistically as possible especially if it is an historical type of game. With this game I am sooo confused and saddened by all the extras that are added. The traits, heroes, cashes, etc. make the game to me unrealistic and too hard to figure out. I suppose that there is no way to play without all those things and still be able to do the AO battles and win. I like to make my decisions based on what I find out in the battle and not have to stack my units on a specific way. I read one post about Crete where the person said you build up one fighter with various helps and surround it with the transports so it can kill everything that comes near-not even close to reality. If during the game a unit deserves a bonus then fine but that way is utterly impossible to me. If there is any help I would appreciate it greatly. Thank you all for all your help in the past and now.
Ha! That Crete poster was me! :lol:

It all comes down to the way you enjoy the game and that's why the devs have tried hard to make it as customizable as possible - and continue to do so. Your way is as valid as the next person so no worries with being slammed for it.

You definitely can play the AO DLCs without any heroes, or rewards if you like. Can't do anything about the caches of equipment other than just choose not to use them. Simple enough. And of course you can choose to play without any General Traits, positive or negative, whatsoever.

If it turns out that the game/scenarios are too hard without utilizing some/all of these things, then there is still the difficulty setting that you can adjust too. Play and explore all of the various settings and whatnot and you are sure to find what you are looking for, or at least close to it.
zarkov

Post by zarkov »

Thank you for your generous reply. As you can see by your reply, I have no hope of going any further than the basic game. Ido not see how I could buy any AO game as I would have no chance to win not even on the lowest difficulty. I played a fantasy game with similar problems and ever finished it because it required way too much research into characters and spells for me to enjoy. Alas it is so here-damn. Again I thank you for your help - I guess I am just a hopeless case.
Bee1976
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Bee1976 »

zarkov wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:47 pm Ido not see how I could buy any AO game as I would have no chance to win not even on the lowest difficulty.
Well, it is possible to win the game without Heros, Traits, Medals an so on. You can customize that. But to be honest, heros, medals traits are a big funpart of this game. And its kinda build around that. And if you prefer real realistic battles, missions and combat, well im pretty conviced that pc2 cant deliver that. Even without every feature.

If you want a fungame, near real history, with hard fights, nice story, and hours of strategic wargaming, you should give it a try. Games are never that realistic i think.
adiekmann

Post by adiekmann »

zarkov wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:47 pm I have no hope of going any further than the basic game. Ido not see how I could buy any AO game as I would have no chance to win not even on the lowest difficulty.
I do not agree that you cannot play the Axis Operation campaigns without using all of the bonuses. This game is pretty damn easy at the lowest setting. I can't say for sure because I have never even tried. I first played the game at the medium (general) setting, if I recall. Or at least the AO series I did, but never lowest. There is also a way to increase the number of turns too, I believe, but most believe that is generally pretty generous already. I would encourage you to give it a try. The base campaign is more difficult IMO (with the possible exception of SCW, but that's a whole other topic).
zarkov

Post by zarkov »

Thank you all for your comments they really helped. I guess that I will have to try and use all those aids and just ignore my silly self. I do not need realism persay just a game without too many aids. It does seem to me that there are really too many herein, but as you say that is the design. Mostly I am awaiting the Pacific series as I have plenty of others and I do enjoy that area a little more. All of you people are really great humans amd it does make me feel much better. THANKS BUNCHES!
Moniker
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Moniker »

Take a look at Panzer Corps Gold if you don't have it already. It has many campaigns and is inexpensive. It doesn't have many of things you mentioned and makes for quicker play. I think you would like it. Good luck in your next battle!
robman
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by robman »

I second the suggestion of Panzer Corps Gold. It’s simpler than PC2 but just as addictive. Plus you can play on an iPad, so it’s very portable. Later on you might try PC2 again.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

zarkov wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:05 pm...With this game I am sooo confused and saddened by all the extras that are added. The traits, heroes, cashes, etc. make the game to me unrealistic and too hard to figure out...

If we really want to, we can open up campaign scenarios in the magnificent PzCorps2 editor (call it "intelligence gathering") to check out exactly what little surprises the designer has incorporated, and formulate our strategy accordingly..:)

SPOILER ALERT, don't read further if you like surprises..:)
For example here's the PzCorps2 1941 "Approaching Leningrad" settings as revealed in the editor, and a few surprises are obvious straight away, e.g. the German starts with a great dollop of prestige points but the Russkis start with none.
However, Jerry gets no pp's during the game, but the Russkis get 150 per turn.
Experience-wise Jerry surprisingly starts with no exp points but Ivan starts with 500 (half a star).

Below: the map as revealed in the editor shows Ivan's starting dispositions

ChristianC
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ChristianC »

The heroes are a joke, you can play without them but you'll still encounter them on the battlefield. The unit traits have a degree of realism to them. For example, engineers as bunker killers/helping to entrench adjacent units, mountain troops more effective in the mountains, rapid fire AA having access to close defense ratings of attacking fighters and tactical bombers. As far as cash, aka prestige, this is really a core part of the game in which you move through the war and carry your units with you. This forces you to make the best strategic decisions (along with "stacking" you units appropriately) to minimize losses and be able to move forward. To conceptualize this from a realistic point of view.. you are playing as the Germans, you do not have unlimited resources on your side and you will be held accountable for your losses, you must fight as effectively as possible to win the war.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”