Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Suggestions, wishlist and ideas for Panzer Corps 2 gameplay

Post by LandMarine47 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:56 am

In terms of ideas, I am not sure if this is the right place to post about potential campaign ideas, but I would love to see some campaign that we did not see in the original game, such as an exclusively British Corps starting in France or Norway of 1940, and following the British through the Western Desert, Sicily, Normandy, Market Garden, and eventually the Rhine Crossing. Another idea would be a campaign around Italy, I would love to see an Italian Corps that could maybe play around with alt-history with the Italians preforming better than they did historically. I found it interesting to think maybe with some better leadership, we could potentially see a Cairo 41, followed by an East African campaign.

faos333
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by faos333 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:26 am

To be able to switch in 2D option, it will make the game run faster thus more enjoyable

Egon70
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Egon70 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:54 am

Opinion about train embarked troops. It is about the interception of it. The idea was used in PG2 and it was plausible. If a train is intercepted and attacked in a city the troops are auto disembarked. Are 2 natural reasons for it. They have to defense and even a low fire return must occure. Also, to continue the travel, it is necessary to waste a turn for reembarking remaining troops.

Egon70

Post by Egon70 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:02 am

A second opinion it is about recon vehicles. Even with long observation range, it must be realistic reduced by areas in or behind forests, areas behind high places (If the recon it is between hills for example) or bad weather condition.

RVallant
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by RVallant » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:45 pm

Stephen1024 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:46 pm

Problem units in first Panzer Corps:

Recon to easy be destroyed, personally think needs be able retreat if not all movement used up and take half damage doing it. Should retreat to safe distance.
Infantry even in close combat against late tanks just sucks and infantry need panzerfaust to give them better damage against enemy armour. That can be done by having support equipment. Also think infantry next to units should support unit and be supported by unit.
AT lot people uncomfortable using either has weak sides and takes lot damage from return fire or has be well placed to attack next turn. That's why lot people use very tank heavy army with little AT. So making ambushing give more damage and support makes it more valuable. That said think US GC has helped people see value of AT more. American tanks suck.
I disagree: I used recon with no losses all the way until Berlin Redux in the GC East. My view is that using them haphazardly is what gets them killed. They work fine as scouts assuming you have the units available to block off via ZoC access to the recon when you're advancing, which you should be doing anyway otherwise your battlegroup is too small imo. They're absolutely not front line units and shouldn't be there. There may be a case for increasing their movement range, but I think they're fine.

To continue the disagreement:

Infantry in CC vs late tanks did not suck either. Grenadiers in particular were fairly capable of taking out IS-1 and IS-2 tanks with up to 6-9 points, particularly if they were at 3-4 star experience. Indeed, most of infantry were capable of defending stoutly against the AI throwing tanks into city hexes, especially when backed with artillery support.The only time they'd fail was if they were inexperienced or if the enemy was backed with artillery themselves. In PzC2 if AT are providing supporting fire, this opens up new questions on how to support them because if the AI throws tanks at you, it is going to be great fun watching a potential 15-0 kill count for the infantry unit on the defence.

I only partially agree on AT units:

Towed AT was a pain in the butt to get set up and positioned properly. Were they able to transport and unload in one move, they would be of more use (they would not be able to attack though, just take up defensive positions). Or, if they were allowed to attack at a tank's close defence that would be of use as well. SPAT units were easy to use and very handy options vs tanks imo. I got plenty of use of SPAT units, and the only issues I've had with SPAT is that they are time sensitive, there's limited windows where they are super viable and then they get outpaced by technology again, but that's down to the history rather than the game I suppose.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”