Ideas for Panzer Corps 2

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Salivan
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Ideas for Panzer Corps 2

Post by Salivan »

The front line only appears when a unit is surrounded, I think it would be much better if the front line appeared constantly as in Order of Battle, also influencing supplies.
Peter_Iliev
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Peter_Iliev »

Hello,
I had a lot of good times with the previous edition and now I am looking forward to Panzer Corps 2.
I work professionally as a 3D artist in the field of architectural visualizations and animations, and in my spare time, I model military equipment from the WW2.
In the screenshots of the upcoming game, I saw that there would be a Goliath tracked mine Sd.Kfz. 303. I have a 3D model of Sd.Kfz. 302 made by me.
If you need it for some type of preview or use it as a unit in the game, I could provide the 3D file for free. Probably just need to modify its texture.

My model:

Here is more info of the model:
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d ... 02-1488440
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

Peter_Iliev wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:50 pm Hello,
I had a lot of good times with the previous edition and now I am looking forward to Panzer Corps 2.
I work professionally as a 3D artist in the field of architectural visualizations and animations, and in my spare time, I model military equipment from the WW2.
In the screenshots of the upcoming game, I saw that there would be a Goliath tracked mine Sd.Kfz. 303. I have a 3D model of Sd.Kfz. 302 made by me.
If you need it for some type of preview or use it as a unit in the game, I could provide the 3D file for free. Probably just need to modify its texture.

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d ... 02-1488440

Astonishingly-Awesome Work!!!..."Ist! Goot!??? Ist! no Goot!???...Ist! Der Major Wunderbarr!!!.
Erasermarek
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Erasermarek »

Well in 2018 i ask if we can have in the game damage model of units like in old Panzer General from 1999. Smoke from damaged units to fire from the badly damaged units. The answer was: Yes, this is on our list. Why don't we have it at least as much as in year 1999?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoLaNDv5M7Q

45:20 for example...
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

As a matter of interest, will there be a random mission generator in PC2, or will we only be able to play the same scenarios over and over?
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:36 am As a matter of interest, will there be a random mission generator in PC2, or will we only be able to play the same scenarios over and over?
Random missions is a thing.
Green Knight
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenKnight2001
NightPhoenix
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by NightPhoenix »

Just my two pennies worth,

Having played around with the game for a bit, checking the forums here and there, there is one thing that might not have been suggested and one that has. (couldn't find it but i'm bad at searching) I would think these are really really good additions to pzc2 and help elevate the game to the next level.

1: Having outros, or end briefings. Didn't see it mentioned anywhere that they will be implemented, but once again i might be blind. They aren't in the 48-h beta, and didn't see it in the soon-to-come notes with it. Here's why:
They really help telling you what's going on in the war on a larger scale. The intro's really don't put everything in perspective. I know what i need to do on a tactical level, but i fail to see the larger picture. This larger picture helps players immerse themselves into WW2 and into the game.
Currently i have no clear picture why i'm going into a certain battle, and what happens afterwards. If i beat the Norway South scenario, will Norway surrender? What happens to Narvik? Did we secure the supply of raw materials to Germany? Getting the outro really helps getting a picture what doing the battle achieves. It gives us more of a purpose and sense of achievement finishing the mission. Instead of thinking "ah i won the scenario" you think "ah I secured the import of iron ore, helped establish airbases and naval bases etc. etc." You get a better feeling knowing what you just did has accomplished. Even if it's mentioned briefly by the narrator at the start of a mission, you don't really get that level of information that you used to get from the previous games. Panzer General and Panzer Corps both had outro's or end briefings.
Quite frankly i miss that a lot. For me it means i feel there is something off with the narration (i'm no game designer so i don't have the cure but i think outros would help). Missing this makes the game feel more as an accumulation of missions that i need to accomplish with increasing difficulyy than an immersion into the battles of WW2.

2: I know this one extremely likely won't get implemented, it's probably been said before, but this one also connects with the outro's because it deals with the endorfine rush people get when feeling a sense of achievement:
The re-introduction of Minor/Major victories. Yes, i've seen the opinion of the developers, but i wanted to get this off my chest.

Currently, whenever i finish a mission in PzC2, i feel a very minor sense of achievement, something along the lines of: "Ah, guess next mission it is" Since there is only victory and loss it doesn't really matter if i did really well or not. I'm not incentivised to try and do better. Getting a more prestige finishing early doesn't really motivate. A higher prestige number at the end of the campaign doesn't motivate you to try and do well, after all who cares about a higher number? Am i supposed to imagine a bigger applause or something from the German people if i win with more prestige, more flowers from Hitler? It doesn't speak to the imagination much right? If you win a mission, you can always choose to go a-historical (it seems), you always choose your own path, so you get little sense of achievement, little endorfine, and thus little enjoyment.

Now to go back to my feelings in Panzer General, Panzer Corps. Whenever you had the possibility to get a-historical scenario's (like invading the caucasus from Africa in Panzer General, or the Streets of Moscow scenario in the Grand Campaign) you had to get a Major Victory for that. You had to give it your all, had to try your absolute best to get that special scenario. Yes you might have to retry, and that sucks sure, but that excitement you get from getting there, for actually doing that well, for going over the top and doing something that wouldn't normally happen in the game and in real life was really really great. You felt like you did something amazing.
"Wow, despite the mud and rain i got to the outskirts of Moscow so fast i get to assault the city, awesome! Otherwise i would've had to wait for next year to get another opportunity to win in Russia" (and do the Stalingrad mission etc. Remember there were 3 shots at winning in the east in Panzer General and 2 in Panzer Corps) This turns into this thought with PzC2 -> "ah i win the Viazma(?) scenario. Now i can choose to still lose anyways or go Moscow. But i need to win to continue the campaign anyways, it's technically Moscow or lose, so it's just another scenario" It's nothing special, the special sense of achievement is lost, and you get less excitement from playing the game.
So i think it's a shame that's gone. Not saying the turn limit neccessarily was a good deciding factor, maybe it was, but there is room for creativity there. But missing the distinction takes away the sense of achievement for this game for me, and maybe other players as well. People shouldn't be afraid to fail on a first try, and we shouldn't try to take away every slight possible dissapointment people might get in a game. Take away the chance to fail, you take away the chance to succeed.
Isn't failing, trying again, and again until you finally succeed, isn't that one of the best moments you can get in your life?

Combined with the missing outro's these two things are what i would like to see implemented most, and quite frankly what i miss in this game to get it from marginally liking it to actually getting excited to play. And people getting excited to play means more profits ultimately, which is why i think these two things should be implemented.

Thanks if you read the entire thing. ;)

NP
uran21
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by uran21 »

NightPhoenix wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:22 am Thanks if you read the entire thing. ;)
Thank you for the exhaustive feedback :)
Belgarath345
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Belgarath345 »

NightPhoenix wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:22 am Just my two pennies worth,

Having played around with the game for a bit, checking the forums here and there, there is one thing that might not have been suggested and one that has. (couldn't find it but i'm bad at searching) I would think these are really really good additions to pzc2 and help elevate the game to the next level.

1: Having outros, or end briefings. Didn't see it mentioned anywhere that they will be implemented, but once again i might be blind. They aren't in the 48-h beta, and didn't see it in the soon-to-come notes with it. Here's why:
They really help telling you what's going on in the war on a larger scale. The intro's really don't put everything in perspective. I know what i need to do on a tactical level, but i fail to see the larger picture. This larger picture helps players immerse themselves into WW2 and into the game.
Currently i have no clear picture why i'm going into a certain battle, and what happens afterwards. If i beat the Norway South scenario, will Norway surrender? What happens to Narvik? Did we secure the supply of raw materials to Germany? Getting the outro really helps getting a picture what doing the battle achieves. It gives us more of a purpose and sense of achievement finishing the mission. Instead of thinking "ah i won the scenario" you think "ah I secured the import of iron ore, helped establish airbases and naval bases etc. etc." You get a better feeling knowing what you just did has accomplished. Even if it's mentioned briefly by the narrator at the start of a mission, you don't really get that level of information that you used to get from the previous games. Panzer General and Panzer Corps both had outro's or end briefings.
Quite frankly i miss that a lot. For me it means i feel there is something off with the narration (i'm no game designer so i don't have the cure but i think outros would help). Missing this makes the game feel more as an accumulation of missions that i need to accomplish with increasing difficulyy than an immersion into the battles of WW2.

2: I know this one extremely likely won't get implemented, it's probably been said before, but this one also connects with the outro's because it deals with the endorfine rush people get when feeling a sense of achievement:
The re-introduction of Minor/Major victories. Yes, i've seen the opinion of the developers, but i wanted to get this off my chest.

Currently, whenever i finish a mission in PzC2, i feel a very minor sense of achievement, something along the lines of: "Ah, guess next mission it is" Since there is only victory and loss it doesn't really matter if i did really well or not. I'm not incentivised to try and do better. Getting a more prestige finishing early doesn't really motivate. A higher prestige number at the end of the campaign doesn't motivate you to try and do well, after all who cares about a higher number? Am i supposed to imagine a bigger applause or something from the German people if i win with more prestige, more flowers from Hitler? It doesn't speak to the imagination much right? If you win a mission, you can always choose to go a-historical (it seems), you always choose your own path, so you get little sense of achievement, little endorfine, and thus little enjoyment.

Now to go back to my feelings in Panzer General, Panzer Corps. Whenever you had the possibility to get a-historical scenario's (like invading the caucasus from Africa in Panzer General, or the Streets of Moscow scenario in the Grand Campaign) you had to get a Major Victory for that. You had to give it your all, had to try your absolute best to get that special scenario. Yes you might have to retry, and that sucks sure, but that excitement you get from getting there, for actually doing that well, for going over the top and doing something that wouldn't normally happen in the game and in real life was really really great. You felt like you did something amazing.
"Wow, despite the mud and rain i got to the outskirts of Moscow so fast i get to assault the city, awesome! Otherwise i would've had to wait for next year to get another opportunity to win in Russia" (and do the Stalingrad mission etc. Remember there were 3 shots at winning in the east in Panzer General and 2 in Panzer Corps) This turns into this thought with PzC2 -> "ah i win the Viazma(?) scenario. Now i can choose to still lose anyways or go Moscow. But i need to win to continue the campaign anyways, it's technically Moscow or lose, so it's just another scenario" It's nothing special, the special sense of achievement is lost, and you get less excitement from playing the game.
So i think it's a shame that's gone. Not saying the turn limit neccessarily was a good deciding factor, maybe it was, but there is room for creativity there. But missing the distinction takes away the sense of achievement for this game for me, and maybe other players as well. People shouldn't be afraid to fail on a first try, and we shouldn't try to take away every slight possible dissapointment people might get in a game. Take away the chance to fail, you take away the chance to succeed.
Isn't failing, trying again, and again until you finally succeed, isn't that one of the best moments you can get in your life?

Combined with the missing outro's these two things are what i would like to see implemented most, and quite frankly what i miss in this game to get it from marginally liking it to actually getting excited to play. And people getting excited to play means more profits ultimately, which is why i think these two things should be implemented.

Thanks if you read the entire thing. ;)

NP
You are spot on. I missed this as well from the old games. This was what made me play PG 10-15 times and PC1 grand campaign 3 times. The missions in PC2 seem fun but the campaign does seem a little stale/borring due to the lack of the things you mention and that hampers replayability for me. Hope they do something about it.
MickMannock
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by MickMannock »

Belgarath345 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:50 am
You are spot on. I missed this as well from the old games. This was what made me play PG 10-15 times and PC1 grand campaign 3 times. The missions in PC2 seem fun but the campaign does seem a little stale/borring due to the lack of the things you mention and that hampers replayability for me. Hope they do something about it.
I think you have to remember that this is the vanilla campaign and comparing it to the vanilla campaign of Panzer General or Panzer Corps, Panzer Corps 2 does a fine job. You definetely have more alternative scenarios to play during the campaign now than you did before, so it's a general improvement for sure.

However, I think we are all looking forward to the DLC:s, ie the Grand Campaigns, which assume are coming along when the base game has been out for a while. The Grand Campaigns take the game to a whole new level (assuming they build on the same formula of Panzer Corps 1).
NightPhoenix

Post by NightPhoenix »

It's not actually about branching or more missions though. It's about immersing yourself in what's already there. I'm not saying there aren't enough missions. There are and that's great. I'd just like to get more info on what i'm actually doing and what it accomplishes. I'd also like to get more of a sense of achievement of the missions that are already implemented. Which is what i'm missing now.

Also the argument that's it's a vanilla campaign doesn't apply. Panzer General and Panzer Corps vanilla campaign both worked with minor/major victories and both had outro's. -> The base game of PzC2 actually does less "storytelling" if you look at it this way. The dev's made the argument they don't want people to feel bad about not getting the major victories. I made my case about that in the post above.

In terms of what it means for their business. You don't get the best sales from people telling you the base game was "fine". Also you'll sell less DLC that way. Don't you want people telling others the base game was awesome and the DLC will surely be even better?
MickMannock

Post by MickMannock »

NightPhoenix wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:08 pm It's not actually about branching or more missions though. It's about immersing yourself in what's already there. I'm not saying there aren't enough missions. There are and that's great. I'd just like to get more info on what i'm actually doing and what it accomplishes. I'd also like to get more of a sense of achievement of the missions that are already implemented. Which is what i'm missing now.

Also the argument that's it's a vanilla campaign doesn't apply. Panzer General and Panzer Corps vanilla campaign both worked with minor/major victories and both had outro's. -> The base game of PzC2 actually does less "storytelling" if you look at it this way. The dev's made the argument they don't want people to feel bad about not getting the major victories. I made my case about that in the post above.

In terms of what it means for their business. You don't get the best sales from people telling you the base game was "fine". Also you'll sell less DLC that way. Don't you want people telling others the base game was awesome and the DLC will surely be even better?
Absolutely, there are no outros and I'd agree that the game would be better if they were included.

But is it a dealbreaker if they're not included? I wouldn't say so. I have a hard time seeing a great number of people not buying this game cause the lack of outros. But that's just me.

And reading the forum posts here, my judgemnt is that a lot of people thinks the game is a lot better than just "fine". There have been a lot of positive feedback. Can things improve? Sure. But the game is already in a very good state, in my opinion.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

NightPhoenix wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:08 pm It's not actually about branching or more missions though. It's about immersing yourself in what's already there. I'm not saying there aren't enough missions. There are and that's great. I'd just like to get more info on what i'm actually doing and what it accomplishes. I'd also like to get more of a sense of achievement of the missions that are already implemented. Which is what i'm missing now.

Also the argument that's it's a vanilla campaign doesn't apply. Panzer General and Panzer Corps vanilla campaign both worked with minor/major victories and both had outro's.
"NightPhoenix:" what you are presently discussing, never came to mind for myself!. I'm glad that you have brought up this 'Subject-Matter'...I think that it does indeed need looking into!.

Your the 'Desperate-Ado'...that needs to Sally-Forth to make contact with the Developers to apprise them of your ideas...and tell them how you see that they could be implemented.

In addition to that, I myself would like to have a 'Forward-Look-Ahead...regarding...-A-Research & Development-Summary' from Head-Quarters every few months or so... to get a 'Verbal' & even perhaps a 'Visual' Update...on new developments and happenings...to help make the Game more interesting.
Sunbeach

Post by Sunbeach »

Hello from Poland ❤️ My idea to further increase realism is to add bullet holes and explosions on the ground and little on tanks etc. And for the soldiers bloody wounds. It would be something great if you could add such things :)
SSLConf_pewp3w
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by SSLConf_pewp3w »

Units that can switch between modes should have the option in the buying screen to be clicked on so you see the switchable unit like in the last panzer corps 1 patch. If you hover over it, you can see the stats of the switched to unit, but not the traits.

The briefings in the campaign do not work properly for me. The advisor goes through all pictures immediately without showing me, afterwards I have to click through them. The briefings should also be replayable.

The purchase units screen should be closed when pressing esc

There should be an option to turn off jumping to the next unit immediately after sending one unit to sleep. In most cases it is a good addition, but sometimes the games jumps somewhere completely different where I don't want to go yet.

Why no combat preview with ctrl+right click?
panzeh
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by panzeh »

I think captured vehicles should probably be made free in prestige- it's already quite a challenge to get enough strength points of captured units in the first place and would add an avenue of play in the high difficulty settings.
SSLConf_pewp3w
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by SSLConf_pewp3w »

When moving an infantry unit on a tile that makes them lose their transport, there should be a confirmation prompt. The unit also should get the transport back at the end of the map (or maybe when it moves back to the tile?)
Owi
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Owi »

We need that old replentish system we had in pc1 where you can HP to normal 10 strenght. Currently if you have a damaged unit with 1 HP and it was overstrenght you only can resupply it for full +20 that cost alot and you do not want that.
MickMannock

Post by MickMannock »

Owi wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:44 pm We need that old replentish system we had in pc1 where you can HP to normal 10 strenght. Currently if you have a damaged unit with 1 HP and it was overstrenght you only can resupply it for full +20 that cost alot and you do not want that.
But doesn't it replenish half of it's value? So in your case it would actually just replenish up to 10 or 11? That's how it worked for my infantry unit yesterday, which was down to 1 from it's original 20 overstrength.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

pewp3w wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:03 am When moving an infantry unit on a tile that makes them lose their transport, there should be a confirmation prompt. The unit also should get the transport back at the end of the map (or maybe when it moves back to the tile?)
pewp3w: That makes 'Too Much Sense!!!"... what a terrific idea!... I hope that 'Action' is taken to make that happen.

Your idea has briefly crossed my mind before... but that was as far as it ever went.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”